Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    With all the negative threads about the 650 I figured it's time to start a good one...

I am a previous 600 user and I loved it! I never had any real problems with my 600 and I must admit that I was worried about all the negative stuff getting said about the 650 so here is what I did as a precautionary measure...

I formatted my PC hard drive to make sure all the 600 stuff was gone (did this while the 650 was charging) Installed all my programs back on the PC and waited about 30 min for the 650 to fully charge... Installed the 650 CD, hot sync and walla..... Not a single problem that others are experiencing...

I have had the 650 for about a week and I flat out LOVE this toy! I am not a power user and pretty much just use the phone, SMS, and email functions of the unit. I do have a 256MB SD card installed. Everyone says I sound better on the 650 than I did on the 600....

I have Versamail set up for my home email account and I have it auto check once an hour... -- No problems...

My contact list (many have reported a long delay with this) comes up instantaneously and I have over 100 contacts... -- No problems

Express is installed and using the SD card to sync the data to -- No problems...

Phone sounds great on both ends -- No problems

I have not used the speaker phone yet

Play music from the SD card -- No problems

I either got lucky with a great unit or formatting the hard drive of my computer before installing the 650 helped....

Either way I love this unit.. IT IS FANTASTIC!
    Last edited by LunkHead; 12/03/2004 at 03:43 AM.
    You DO realize that about 6 other threads have already been started by folks just like you who feel the need to defend a commercial product out of some rather bizarro fanatical sense of "loyalty", right?

Search for "kumbaya"...

======

And to those poster-bashers who consistently get it wrong - wrong! That is NOT from whence I'm coming as anyone who has REALLY read my posts can plainly see.

Giggle.
    Or folks who genuinely like the product.
  4. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I really like mine, but since this is my first smartphone I have nothing to compare it with. My only problem has been the crappiness of ACT - not the phone's fault.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    No need to be so rude, I was just saying that my 650 works like a charm.. Maybe it was because I formatted my PC prior to the switch (??)

I have no stock in P1 nor do I feel the need to defend them out of any type of fanatical loyalty...

Trust me I DO feel badly for those who are having problems.....

I will try my best to be more negative in the future

Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    You DO realize that about 6 other threads have already been started by folks just like you who feel the need to defend a commercial product out of some rather bizarro fanatical sense of "loyalty", right?

Search for "kumbaya"...

======

And to those poster-bashers who consistently get it wrong - wrong! That is NOT from whence I'm coming as anyone who has REALLY read my posts can plainly see.

Giggle.
    You DO realize that about 6 other threads have already been started by folks just like you ....
    Wow - There's that many people out there who love the 650! Thanks for pointing that out Seldom!

And for the original poster, ignore Seldom. He doesn't get the idea that a positive post isn't always intended to defend a corporate entity, but rather provide useful information to those thinking about a smartphone purchase. I love my 650 too.
    Yes ignore Seldom. He has routinely bashed the Treos (entire product line) just for his own pleasure. Don't take it personally . . . you were just his latest target. (yawn) I do wish Seldom were a little more ... um ... seldom. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynx
    Yes ignore Seldom. He has routinely bashed the Treos (entire product line) just for his own pleasure. Don't take it personally . . . you were just his latest target. (yawn) I do wish Seldom were a little more ... um ... seldom. ;-)
    The whole Treocentral universe wishes seldomvisitor were more seldom, so indeed, do not take it personally. No doubt there are problems with this device - memory being the most problematic - but it is by far the best solution out there, and a certain day trader just can't stand losing out on short selling profits.

Oops - better get my flame retardant underwear in place because seldom is readying one of his customary "giggle" insults as I write...
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I wouldn't say SV bashes PalmOne, he just provides a different view point. I don't think he owns the product, just researches and provides his opinion...please correct me if I'm wrong SV. Love it or hate it, it's your phone so your opinion is the most important right?

Me, I love mine, so I guess I'm I PalmOne supported too ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyPete
    I wouldn't say SV bashes PalmOne, he just provides a different view point. I don't think he owns the product, just researches and provides his opinion...please correct me if I'm wrong SV. Love it or hate it, it's your phone so your opinion is the most important right?

Me, I love mine, so I guess I'm I PalmOne supported too ;-)
    I've spend about 20 hours configuring and using a family member's 650.

I think that if you've never had a smartphone before, this would be a gem. Ridiculously beautiful screen, decent camera, really nice keyboard IMHO.

With only 1Mb free on my 600, I can't personally buy one for my own daily use, but if the target market is the first time smartphone user, this thing will surely show some decent sales figures.
    Quote Originally Posted by treotim
    Wow - There's that many people out there who love the 650! Thanks for pointing that out Seldom!

And for the original poster, ignore Seldom. He doesn't get the idea that a positive post isn't always intended to defend a corporate entity, but rather provide useful information to those thinking about a smartphone purchase. I love my 650 too.
    Was just curious,
    is there any way to find out how many people have taken advantage of Seldoms kindly provided link to ignore his rantings??
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    No "fanatical sense of loyalty" here... this was my first treo, and pda for that matter, and im growing into this thing more than any other device ive owned.. finding new uses for it every day. I dont get how someone can spend time on a message board bashing a product that they've already concluded is useless to them.. move on, take a happy pill or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    No "fanatical sense of loyalty" here... this was my first treo, and pda for that matter, and im growing into this thing more than any other device ive owned.. finding new uses for it every day. I dont get how someone can spend time on a message board bashing a product that they've already concluded is useless to them.. move on, take a happy pill or something.
    It ain't that easy. Many of us have been PALM OS device freaks for 8 years. Heck I had the much maligned Palm VII for 3 years, and loved it.

It's our passion. We want it to be better. If the emporer (P1 in this case) is marching down the street with no clothes, we declare it to be so because he rules our kingdom.

If you're new to these devics, then you don't understand the rabid loyalty to the devices (think Apple, though a little smaller).

We want the things to be good, and let our displeasure known if there are shortcomings.

This is not to "bash" the device, but to lobby really hard for changes that rectify the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodNamesRTaken
    It ain't that easy. Many of us have been PALM OS device freaks for 8 years. Heck I had the much maligned Palm VII for 3 years, and loved it.

It's our passion. We want it to be better. If the emporer (P1 in this case) is marching down the street with no clothes, we declare it to be so because he rules our kingdom.

If you're new to these devics, then you don't understand the rabid loyalty to the devices (think Apple, though a little smaller).

We want the things to be good, and let our displeasure known if there are shortcomings.

This is not to "bash" the device, but to lobby really hard for changes that rectify the situation.
    makes sense.. but sometimes the elitist attitude gets out of hand..but constructively I can respect that position though

Seldom does not fit into this category...he's just a basher.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer
    Was just curious,
    is there any way to find out how many people have taken advantage of Seldoms kindly provided link to ignore his rantings??

I have actually avoided blocking his posts because I enjoy pointing out the irrationality of his comments (it also helps to point out to board newbies they are not wrong, then just ran into another seldom tantrum).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by treotim
    Seldom does not fit into this category...he's just a basher.
    I think Seldom is just really, really disappointed. As I was when I first learned that I cold not upgrade due to memory.

I posted some comments that could be seen as "bashing" because the blunder was just unfathomable to me.

After I got one in my hand, I toned it back a bit, because I realized that it's still a damn good device.

But you have to realize that there are people who have been eagerly awaiting this device for a year, and feel really let down, frustrated, and are lashing out at P1 (rightly or wrongly).

Despite what people say, I *do* think P1 owes it's loyal customers the top of the line R&D, because it really is the "obessive" users that have kept the brand going through the long droughts in innovation.

Some people feel like they've been flipped the bird, and as we all know, when that happens, our first instinct is usually to flip the bird back.

Hopefully us "bashers" can start putting it into perspective a bit.

I don't think SV is a bad guy, he just has a different take on things. He's pissed, and has as much right to be heard as anyone else.

My 2 cents. You get what you pay for.
    bugs are minor. i LOVE mine!!!
    I think Seldom is just really, really disappointed.
    True.

However, each individual device out of PalmOne is not the source of that disappointment; it doesn't bother me - though it interests me! - that the TREO line has been bug-filled from A-Z.

I'm disappointed in the blatant obfuscation that Handspring and now PalmOne engage in. A little more openness on their part and I might (ha ha ha!) actually take a liking to them.
    True.

However, each individual device out of PalmOne is not the source of that disappointment; it doesn't bother me - though it interests me! - that the TREO line has been bug-filled from A-Z.

I'm disappointed in the blatant obfuscation that Handspring and now PalmOne engage in. A little more openness on their part and I might (ha ha ha!) actually take a liking to them.

Me thinks that there is a short seller somewhere here. No names implied.
    Couldn't resist