Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by modma
    This may be a stupid question...

but what if you actually want to mute the conversation?
    ....you just toggle the mute button. It will stay on the loud setting even if you turn the mute back off.
  2.    #22  

The mute functions as it should. Its just a side effect that the Headset volume happens to increase when you click it, and stays increased for the remainder of the call.
    well I noticed that if after you increased the volum bt toggling the mute you press on the number key the VOLUM REVERS back to low level without the option of getting it back up again...
    actually and numberd key
    I meant any numberd key
  6.    #26  
    yep I noticed that also.
    pix how do you like the 660? Does the caller screen work with the treo? how about a review.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    ok so here is the review, please excuse spelling mistakes english is a second langugh.
    hbh 660 has 2 setting . either phone control or head set control when set on headset control:
    1 head set will ring
    2 led display will show number though sometimes if the phone will "sleep" headset will show prior call number on a new incoming one... have not figured out why
    3 all calls will cut tru the headset
    4 able to answer,hang up or reject a call from headset
    5 biggest problem is the it sits on your ear not centered on your earcanal but I got around it by manually "combining " the ear gel from old dead jabra and with the mute butten discovery now I will use only hbh 660. it is great!
    hope that help
    Seems like a simple fix for a hacker i.e. a hack that mutes the Treo every time a call is directed to the BT headset,
    This also happens on the Bluetrek G2. I tried hitting the mute button on a whim (before I saw this thread) and was surprised at the volume increase. It does indeed stay until the call is ended. Kind of annoying to have to mute and unmute every call. I emailed Bluetrek and got this response:

Hello,

Sorry, we did not test our G2 headset with any Smartphone or Pocket PC / phones. Please go and ask your retailer to give you a demo, if possible. We cannot help you much on that.

The support team.a
    Quote Originally Posted by rgs2k
    This also happens on the Bluetrek G2. I tried hitting the mute button on a whim (before I saw this thread) and was surprised at the volume increase. It does indeed stay until the call is ended. Kind of annoying to have to mute and unmute every call. I emailed Bluetrek and got this response:

Hello,

Sorry, we did not test our G2 headset with any Smartphone or Pocket PC / phones. Please go and ask your retailer to give you a demo, if possible. We cannot help you much on that.

The support team.a
    Thats a pathetic response from a company support person. Wont buy their product for sure.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Thats a pathetic response from a company support person. Wont buy their product for sure.

True not the best response, but really what could they say. The problem is with the 650 I don't think any headset provider can fix this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    Doesn't affect my hs850 at all.

odd
    Wierd! I verified this on the 810 also, but in my case it didn't work right off the bat. I had to hit mute/unmute about 5-6 times before it finally kicked in. Now it works on the first time every time. IDO, you might want to try hitting mute/unmute a bunch to see if it works for your 850 too.

NOT a stupid question, very important!!!!
  15.    #35  
    ^
    Ya know, its conversations like this that really make me appreciate these forums. I assumed I just had another lame headset with low volume. I was trying to make due but was going to return it shortly and try something else.

I'm glad to know that its the phone, that there's a temporary work around and hope to see the problem solved in the not-to-distant future.

Thanks guys, you saved me a lot of trouble!
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    i have the sony erricson 660 and it works great.....i was starting to hate bluetooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by rgs2k

Hello,

The support team.a
    You actually got a response? Please tell me what e-mail address you sent your inquiry to. I have sent numerous requests for support through their website, and still haven't gotten a response. Please share the e-mail address with me.
    I think we still need to know how to submit bugs to P1. If you go to their support site, all links of a contact request type just forward you to SrintPCS. Not good. I will have to scour their support site a little further to see what I can find. Task for tomorrow, it's naptime...
    KitMoni
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Than hit the mute button and leave it pressed. The Logitech freedom has a mute button on it yours might as well.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast