1.    #1  
    Versamail either has a glitch, my phone has a glitch or I wasn't patient enough for Versamail to purge on its own.

MultiMailAttachments on the 650 was bloated to about a meg because of all the attachments going to and from the 650. Even though I purged every single email from my 650, MMA was still there - even after syncing.

So I used FILEZ to delete the file. Then, to make sure I didn't do anything wonky, I sent an email and attached a 1K file. No probs - and the MMA file is back on the palm (now 1K).

So.. does anyone know if it's a glitch, or other?

In the meantime, you might want to check out your MMA file and delete if it's eating up valuable space..
    Quote Originally Posted by SamCraig
    Versamail either has a glitch, my phone has a glitch or I wasn't patient enough for Versamail to purge on its own.

MultiMailAttachments on the 650 was bloated to about a meg because of all the attachments going to and from the 650. Even though I purged every single email from my 650, MMA was still there - even after syncing.

So I used FILEZ to delete the file. Then, to make sure I didn't do anything wonky, I sent an email and attached a 1K file. No probs - and the MMA file is back on the palm (now 1K).

So.. does anyone know if it's a glitch, or other?

In the meantime, you might want to check out your MMA file and delete if it's eating up valuable space..

thanks...same here
  3.    #3  
    If anyone else has other Memory tips such as this, please post in this thread or start a new one with tip #2, etc...
    Ok, now I feel like I must be on everyones "ignor" list.
    I have at least 2 posts on this board about this exact subject with little to no traffic and only one person helped on each. You got more hits in just today then the past several days on mine. Bum luck, or ignor?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=64306
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=64814
    Sorry burk I saw your posts a couple of days ago but haven't had time to check till today. not ignoring you...lots of love here
  6.    #6  
    Burk - so have you solved this on your 650?
    this concept also applies o he messaging aplication. sometimes the messaging database file will bloat so you can just dlete it and it will be restored next time you run messaging.
    Memory leaks?
    Anyway, I ended up deleting the MultiMailAttachemnt file a couple time and finaly it works sort of correct, but sometime it still leaves a couple K in there, so I wonder if those little couple K's will start to add up.
    It's working a lot better then it was before. at first, it was not deleting a thing.
    I did make a copy of a freash MMA file and put it on my SD card to overwrite the old one if need be. also, there are about 14 files in all for VersaMail , there are 8 Cahche files (I guess you can't have more then 8 email accounts?) MMCache0-7 three more MM files and three VersaMail files.
    I'll let you know if I find anything, according to the single user that replied to each of my other posts, they are not seeing this issue, did you see that? So that makes me wonder if it's a certain type file, after a certain size, a glitch in my install or what.
    Hopefully the three of us can figure it out together.
    Cool. I do remember the earlier thread, but I think I was too chicken to try it then.

As I mentioned in the SnapperMail v. VersaMail thread, if I forsake VersaMail entirely, I'd love to know what else can go (although VM is resident in ROM). Besides turning off the VersaMail synchronization in HotSync, for example, do I need all these MMIDCacheX files?
    Quote Originally Posted by pzarquon
    Cool. I do remember the earlier thread, but I think I was too chicken to try it then.

As I mentioned in the SnapperMail v. VersaMail thread, if I forsake VersaMail entirely, I'd love to know what else can go (although VM is resident in ROM). Besides turning off the VersaMail synchronization in HotSync, for example, do I need all these MMIDCacheX files?
    Yes If you get quit using Versamail, delete those Cache files and the cool thing is, if you want to use versamail later, it will build new one...
    What are all those MMIDCache files, anyway? I figured there's one per account, but I only use one... I deleted all eight (0-7), and they all came back, 2.5k each, at the next sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by pzarquon
    What are all those MMIDCache files, anyway? I figured there's one per account, but I only use one... I deleted all eight (0-7), and they all came back, 2.5k each, at the next sync.
    Check the backup folder on the PC you sync with. I bet you will see them there too. You need to remove them from the backup folder i would assume too. Otherwise, as you are seeing, they will restore on a hotsync..

On anothe note: MIne cleans up the attchement file on it's own, most of the time, but leaves small amounts behind. Is this what a memory leak is? I just this morning replaces the MultiMailAttchament file with the 3.5K fresh one I have a copy of on my SD card.