1.    #1  
    I can not turn of the system or "General" sounds on my 650.

I know about the bug where the general sounds would turn back on. But today the general sounds came on and I could NOT turn them back off. I did install the keyclick hack and that has helped a lot. However I still want to turn off all the general sounds. No matter what I do the general sounds are still there, they are faint, but annoying!

Any ideas? A soft resent didn't seem to work, and I don't want to try a hard reset...

***EDIT***
    After some thinking and testing I realized I had this problem after installing SoundRec and KeyCaps600. With some more testing I determined it was with KeyCaps600. Why would having keyCaps600 cause me to not be able to turn off sound? Anyway to fix this, now that I've tried KeyCaps600 I really like it...

and BTW how retarded is this bug!? Hopefully it will be fixed by P1 after they fix all the other small problems...

Don't get me wrong, LOVE my 650, but for a $600 device I expect not so many bugs (this isn't a M$ product after all!)
    Last edited by Atif; 12/03/2004 at 12:50 AM.
  2. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Are you sure it's a 650 bug and not just a software conflict issue? There are still a pot load of apps out there that won't work with the 650. Even some that are supposed to, have a lot of bugs.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by hub
    Are you sure it's a 650 bug and not just a software conflict issue? There are still a pot load of apps out there that won't work with the 650. Even some that are supposed to, have a lot of bugs.

Right it is a bug specifically with KeyCaps. Any idea how to fix, Keycaps600 looks like a great program.