1.    #1  
    After trying 5 different bluetooth headsets with my new Treo 650.... the winner is the Plantronics M3000. NONE of the headsets work well enough to use in noisy environments or more that a couple feet from the handset.. but after trying two Motorola, One BlueTrek, and a Jabra headset I finally settled on the Plantronics.

I am very dissapointed that primary feature I purchased the new Treo for is a BUST overall. I have a hard time believing that other bluetooth phones sound this crappy. The Treo 650 general phone quality is POOR and it seems to be a problem for Palm. The 300 sounded the best, the 600 a little worse, and the 650 is not as good of a phone as the 600. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON???

Is anyone else disappointed with Bluetooth or the Treo 650 in general as a phone? HELP!@!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    so the plantronics 3000 beats the jabra 250?
    Does the m3000 support any of the functions like redial, answer/hangup, reject, call swap? How is the mic? How is the earphone?
    How can you blame the Treo 650 for the Bluetooth problem?
    I found won the work exceptionally well the Motorola HS850 AND
    you found won the M3000 SEEMS to me the Problem is the headset manufacturers
    I also had to try 4 befoe I got the really really works well.
    Quote Originally Posted by HavanaHowie
    After trying 5 different bluetooth headsets with my new Treo 650.... the winner is the Plantronics M3000. NONE of the headsets work well enough to use in noisy environments or more that a couple feet from the handset.. but after trying two Motorola, One BlueTrek, and a Jabra headset I finally settled on the Plantronics.

I am very dissapointed that primary feature I purchased the new Treo for is a BUST overall. I have a hard time believing that other bluetooth phones sound this crappy. The Treo 650 general phone quality is POOR and it seems to be a problem for Palm. The 300 sounded the best, the 600 a little worse, and the 650 is not as good of a phone as the 600. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON???

Is anyone else disappointed with Bluetooth or the Treo 650 in general as a phone? HELP!@!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the world of BT 1.1

I predicted this many months ago....P1 could have used the current 1.2 spec, but decided to use an older, interference prone spec.

Guess what? Now you get to suffer.

What's going on is P1 is still shooting themselves in the foot every chance they get.

I would say the BT experience is pretty much par for the course, although some phones are better than other in terms of BT.
    Well said, mikec. I agree with you. I have an SE T610 on T-Mo and my experience in finding a decent headset to use with it is not unlike the one I am having with the 650.
    Although I agree that BT 1.2 is better, you can do OK with 1.1. The Motorola V3 Razr uses BT 1.1 but uses a new higher power version of it (it comes with a warning that it is illegal to use outside in France due to government restrictions!).

With the phone in a pocket under a heavy coat, using a Motorola HS-850, the connection is crystal clear. Even in my house right next to one of my two wiresless base stations the sound is almost perfect.

Of course the Razr is not a smartphone or PDA, but it show what is possible with bluetooth rather than the incomplete work that P1 seems to have done.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Welcome to the world of BT 1.1
    I predicted this many months ago....P1 could have used the current 1.2 spec, but decided to use an older, interference prone spec.

Guess what? Now you get to suffer.

What's going on is P1 is still shooting themselves in the foot every chance they get.

I would say the BT experience is pretty much par for the course, although some phones are better than other in terms of BT.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680