Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    what is a von client and must I haev this to browse the web? I didnt have this before on my treo 600.

thanks
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    i meant vpn client.
    no you don't need it to browse the web.

its special software that lets you access the internal network (usually in an office) when you're outside the office, using encrypted communications.
    Palm Pilot 1000 -> Sprint TP-3000 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650
    I am certainly no expert at networking...

A VPN (virtual private network) allows you to create a private connection between you and another site (like your work network). A VPN client is software that handles your end of this private connection and usually will be used to connect to a firewall at your workplace.

For me to access my PC at work, I have to run a VPN client on my PC at home and use it to connect to my company's firewall. Even though I am sending and receiving data over the Internet, it is encrypted so it would be extremely difficult for anyone to understand it. There are VPN client apps for PDAs that allow the PDA to perform the same type of client connect to the workplace firewall to gain access to the network at work.

You do not need a VPN client to browse the web via your phone. You only need one if you want to gain remote access to a secure network.

Confusing enough?
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    i finally got it to work. i dotn understand why it was asking me about a vpn network. it just stopped all of a sudden.