1.    #1  
    it works with the 650?? sounds like it's a pretty awesome player. I have Kinoma 3 and I know it doesn't, but I think they just released 3 EX so I was wondering if anyone has tried it yet. Thanks for the input...Colin
    The people in this thread have...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ghlight=Kinoma
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Guinn
    it works with the 650?? sounds like it's a pretty awesome player. I have Kinoma 3 and I know it doesn't, but I think they just released 3 EX so I was wondering if anyone has tried it yet. Thanks for the input...Colin
    I've used Kinoma before but only because the phone had no application itself to play movies. Since this does and seems to play them fine, what is the advantage of a 3rd party app?

Eric
    I installed Kinoma EX to my SD card but now my Quick Install won't allow me to send mp4 files to my SD card. Says "There is no application on the organizer to handle this file.
    Any ideas?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Treo
    I installed Kinoma EX to my SD card but now my Quick Install won't allow me to send mp4 files to my SD card. Says "There is no application on the organizer to handle this file.
    Any ideas?

Thanks
    I just installed Kinoma EX tonight and get the same message with mp4 files. I'm thinking I may need to get an SD card reader and manually copy the files to the card. At that rate, I might as well just re-rip to mp3.
    Any ideas?

Thanks
    I think kinoma needs to be memory resident (i.e, in ram) for it to automatically register itself as the default app for mp4 file types...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    That is right

i got that error also befor eit was properly installed in RAM
    I've been using EX with a 650 for the past couple of days and high-quality MP4 videos are just awesome with it.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Actually, I just got it to work. I did a soft reset and finally the Quick Installer believed that I could play mp4s.

BTW, I have the Kinoma Player 3 EX installed on my sd card and it works fine.

Some really big disappointments however with K Player 3 EX are that it doesn't play the songs from an album in their proper order, you can't create or play playlists and, of course, it doesn't play mp3s.
    I have Kinoma 3 EX running on my Treo 600 - It works a treat, the AAC playback quality is fantastic. It also plays full .mov files without any need for resampling the video window. It lacks the usablity of pocket tunes and some badly needed options. One thing I had to dig in the instructions was for where to store your aac files on your SD card - they go in /palm/programs/kinoma - you can also create subfolders in here because 3EX will search these subfolders for media - Highly recommended if, like me, you have plenty of AAC files.

By the way - I use Card Export II to put my media on my SD card, I wouldnt use anything else
    Actually, I just got it to work. I did a soft reset and finally the Quick Installer believed that I could play mp4s.

BTW, I have the Kinoma Player 3 EX installed on my sd card and it works fine.

Some really big disappointments however with K Player 3 EX are that it doesn't play the songs from an album in their proper order, you can't create or play playlists and, of course, it doesn't play mp3s.
    I was able to get mine to work from the SD card as well (PowerRun) and have found the AAC quality to be very good. I too am disappointed in the shortcomings though. I've yet to figure out how to play a song in the background while doing other things on the device. I don't want to buy both Kinoma and Pocket Tunes so I may stick with Pocket Tunes and re-rip my favorite AAC songs to MP3 since I have all of the original sources (CD). I don't watch videos on my Treo (am I the only one), so I really only need a music application. Plus, Pocket Tunes gives you the streaming option which is unique, so far.