1.    #1  
    Not sure if anyone's gonna know this, but I hope so. My 650 arrives tomorrow. Assuming I can manage my memory issue, I have about 7 mb free on my 600, I would like to switch from DBK5 to Agendus Pro as my primary Contact/Calender program. I have found the "icons" in DBK5 extremely helpful when glancing at my calender. I am pretty sure these are not going to sync over, but how will my various calender events show up in Agendus before I go in and reassign whatever icons that program has? Also, will the "journal" entries I've amassed sync over from Outlook to Agendus? And finally, did I read correctly that the 650's built in clock functionality INCLUDES an alarm feature? It would be so nice not to have to clutter my calender with a recurring "wake up" event!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Well, I'll take the easy one. Yes, the 650 includes an alarm function. It's on the world time app. Mine wakes me up every morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Not sure if anyone's gonna know this, but I hope so. My 650 arrives tomorrow. Assuming I can manage my memory issue, I have about 7 mb free on my 600, I would like to switch from DBK5 to Agendus Pro as my primary Contact/Calender program. I have found the "icons" in DBK5 extremely helpful when glancing at my calender. I am pretty sure these are not going to sync over, but how will my various calender events show up in Agendus before I go in and reassign whatever icons that program has? Also, will the "journal" entries I've amassed sync over from Outlook to Agendus? And finally, did I read correctly that the 650's built in clock functionality INCLUDES an alarm feature? It would be so nice not to have to clutter my calender with a recurring "wake up" event!
    Agendus can use the icons from Datebook. You need to make a backup of all of your Palm programs and be prepared to install the icon's after you successfully sync'd the 650.

Agendus is currently in beta for Version 9 which is running on the 650. I can't post the link to the beta but you can find it by going to www.iambic.com and then follow the links to the discussion area for Agendus and then click on the beta forum. The beta is located there and is presently build 470 dated today.

Ok, but here is an issue that you will have to deal with:

Your data will sync fine from Outlook. The icon assignment for Datebk5 uses the sign @ to encode it's assignment of the various icons in the database.

This @ causes Agendus to hiccup violently and will force soft resets if any of the icon assignments are present.

You can either clean them out one by one using the search feature on the 650 and then delete these references from the note field for each assignment. Or you can export your data, tasks, calendar events etc from Outlook delete the notes and hence the icon assignment and then delete all of the tasks and calendar events in Outlook and then reimport the "cleaned" file. This is easily done using the CSV import export feature of Outlook.

Contacts do not have icons assigned to them nor do memos so you don't have to worry about those two databases.

Both Iambic and CESD (Datebk5 author) are aware of the issue and neither will ever change their programming. It's a minor irritant but one that causes soft resets and corruption of data between the two programs.

After you've installed the Agendus program you can then install the icon database from Datebk5. Agendus allows you to use multiple icon sets whereas DB5 does not.

If you have additional questions....pm me or email me and I'll help further.

EDIT: If you are talking about Daily Journal entries that you enter using Datebk5 they should show up in Agendus. If your talking about the Journal features of Outlook that tracks everything you do - no. That's a whole nother program and I wouldn't recommend it because of space limitations.
    Last edited by RSGMOOSE; 12/02/2004 at 11:53 PM. Reason: additional
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    Agendus can use the icons from Datebook. You need to make a backup of all of your Palm programs and be prepared to install the icon's after you successfully sync'd the 650.

Agendus is currently in beta for Version 9 which is running on the 650. I can't post the link to the beta but you can find it by going to www.iambic.com and then follow the links to the discussion area for Agendus and then click on the beta forum. The beta is located there and is presently build 470 dated today.

Ok, but here is an issue that you will have to deal with:

Your data will sync fine from Outlook. The icon assignment for Datebk5 uses the sign @ to encode it's assignment of the various icons in the database.

This @ causes Agendus to hiccup violently and will force soft resets if any of the icon assignments are present.

You can either clean them out one by one using the search feature on the 650 and then delete these references from the note field for each assignment. Or you can export your data, tasks, calendar events etc from Outlook delete the notes and hence the icon assignment and then delete all of the tasks and calendar events in Outlook and then reimport the "cleaned" file. This is easily done using the CSV import export feature of Outlook.

Contacts do not have icons assigned to them nor do memos so you don't have to worry about those two databases.

Both Iambic and CESD (Datebk5 author) are aware of the issue and neither will ever change their programming. It's a minor irritant but one that causes soft resets and corruption of data between the two programs.

After you've installed the Agendus program you can then install the icon database from Datebk5. Agendus allows you to use multiple icon sets whereas DB5 does not.

If you have additional questions....pm me or email me and I'll help further.

EDIT: If you are talking about Daily Journal entries that you enter using Datebk5 they should show up in Agendus. If your talking about the Journal features of Outlook that tracks everything you do - no. That's a whole nother program and I wouldn't recommend it because of space limitations.
    How much space does the Agendus beta take on the 650? Have you been able to run it from the SD Card with Zlauncher?
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnetb
    How much space does the Agendus beta take on the 650? Have you been able to run it from the SD Card with Zlauncher?
    Agendus Pro takes up 1,312,000 of space and if you use the Mail Plug in you can add another 495.

That's on a T3....I don't yet have a 650 so sorry if that was confusing. There are enough reports of the 650 running during the beta that it shouldn't be an issue.

I have previously run Agendus from the SD card on the T3 but have not yet done so because of the beta and virtually no limit issues on the T3's RAM.
    Moose Man
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Agendus 9.0 has been released as of this morning.
    Moose Man
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    What other program are you talking about that will sync with Outlook Journal?