Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Everything you ever wanted to know (well, almost) about the Bluetooth features and profiles available on the Treo 650 can be found at PalmOne Support.

The Treo 650 supports these Bluetooth profiles:
    • GAP (Generic Access Profile: core Bluetooth support)
    • HSP (Headset Profile: answer/end calls, make outgoing calls, adjust volume)
    • HFP (Hands-Free Profile: reject call, mute, auto-answer, voice tags, last number redial)
    • SPP (Serial Port Profile: Bluetooth support for serial data connections, treating Bluetooth links as virtual COM ports)
    • GOEP (Generic Object Exchange Protocol: vCal, vCard and other files exchanged with Bluetooth devices)

Treo 650 does not support these Bluetooth profiles:
    • HID (Human Interface Device: connect to Bluetooth keyboard and other input devices)
    • FTP (File Transfer Profile: appears as external hard drive on a Windows or Mac computer)
    • A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution: playing music wirelessly. This is Bluetooth 1.2, and the Treo 650 smartphone is Bluetooth 1.1)
    • All other Bluetooth profiles not specifically listed above
    If you want ftp via bluetooth, use Blue Files which will allow you to browse your sd card and transfer files (files still have to be a valid format).

http://softick.com/bluefiles/
    I've tried to do Bluetooth "browse" and "search" from both a Windows laptop and FreeBSD laptop. The author of the FreeBSD software is claiming :

in the fragment above host (laptop) sends sdp service search attribute
    request. host asks for any service that belongs to public browse group
    and for each service requests attributes with ids 0x0, 0x1, 0x4 and 0x9.
    treo responds with sdp error response. that explains why you are getting
    input/output error.

i find it extremely strange that treo return sdp error response. usually
    if device does not implement public browse group it returns empty
    response. note that the same error response is returned to _any_ sdp
    request sent from the host (i.e. search).

Any ideas?
    So you cant listen to music with the 650's Bluetooth?! WTF?!

I was SO hoping for this.

Is the Bluetooth 1.1 upgradeable to 1.2 in the future do you think?
    Maybe this device is too much for me to handle. Maybe my computer skills are not where they should be, but I am the demographic that this product was created for. A middle Aged successful road warrior, who owns several companies. My free time is no longer filled with recreational activities, it is spent on hold to India. The folks at Palm One are in hiding. They will not respond to pleas for help.

This product is very error prone.

Now that I have finished venting, here are my complaints.

Versamail...Crashes fairly often. Advice from India Central is to hard boot the treo and restore data from laptop. Phone has not gone one roadtrip without being rebooted.

Complaint number two. Bluetooth is a great idea. IT SUCKS on Treo 650.

The Jabra free headphone works only until you configure your computer for bluetooth. When you go back to the headphone, it no longer regards you as a trusted device and you must reconfigure. The same holds true when you go back to the computer.

The removable battery is a nice improvement.

I regret having purchased this phone...I will wait until a real manufacturer produces a business friendly device and purchase it.

The Palm One approach to solving their design and implementation problems are to hide behind 3rd world customer service. With the treo 600, service was done in Canada. These folks were responsive and empowered. The new folks are just shields to keep you from Palm One. When you call Palm One corporate, you get puppet corporate speak dummies, who placate you and throw the message in the circular file. This is no way to run a company. Hopefully, they will begin to get enough BAD press that their "WE are rock stars" attitude will dissolve.

Good luck to all you nice folks who are blinded by Treo...It ain't what its billed to be.

Her
    Last edited by CUBBIEBEAR; 12/10/2004 at 07:26 AM.
    I've tried and I've tried to get my 650 to hot sync via the virtual bluetooth port that I set up. Despite the fact that both the desktop and the 650 find each other and that they're paired, the sync fails every time. Either I'm missing something or there's something buggy about the 650 and bluetooth.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by finkkatz
    I've tried and I've tried to get my 650 to hot sync via the virtual bluetooth port that I set up.
    In the HotSync Manager, do you have the Local tab of Setup set to the BT virtual Com port, and have Local checked in the HotSync menu?

If everything is set properly and/or you're getting a Port In Use error on the 650, try soft resetting it and then immediately try to sync with BT.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    In the HotSync Manager, do you have the Local tab of Setup set to the BT virtual Com port, and have Local checked in the HotSync menu?

If everything is set properly and/or you're getting a Port In Use error on the 650, try soft resetting it and then immediately try to sync with BT.
    Thanks for the tips. I was able to get the device to sync at last. However, I'm still having a significant problem. Specifically, the calendar and contacts do not sync. I keep getting the following errors appearing in my log:
    Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:03-0023
    OLERR:0D-000E
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Recovery Sync
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:06-0001
    Outlook Contacts
    The conduits were unable to attach to Outlook, possibly because the logon was canceled or otherwise failed. Synchronization failed.
    OLERR:0C-000F (0x0)
    OLERR:0D-0003
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    Any ideas?
  9.    #9  
    You should also be getting those errors with a cable hotsync. Make sure you have updated the Outlook conduits.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    You should also be getting those errors with a cable hotsync. Make sure you have updated the Outlook conduits.
    Thanks for the advice. I tried updating the conduits, still not working. Same errors.
    try reinstalling the whole mess. I mean the stuff from the treo cd and be sure to specify you want to sync with outlook when it asks. That did it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    try reinstalling the whole mess. I mean the stuff from the treo cd and be sure to specify you want to sync with outlook when it asks. That did it for me.
    Trying to reinstall made a bigger mess. The Windows uninstall tool would just get to the "0 seconds" point and just not progress or complete the uninstall. I can't even get the darn hotsync software and palm desktop software uninstalled.
    I didnt uninstall first I just reinstalled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    I didnt uninstall first I just reinstalled.
    ahhh. I see. I'll give that a whirl then. I'll let you know what happens.
    I've tried and I've tried to get my 650 to hot sync via the virtual bluetooth port that I set up. Despite the fact that both the desktop and the 650 find each other and that they're paired, the sync fails every time. Either I'm missing something or there's something buggy about the 650 and bluetooth.
    Hey Fink. Sorry about the problems you're having. Quick question, are you upgrading from a previous Palm OS device? I had some issues when I upgraded from my clie, but I got bluetooth working this past weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by mavsman78
    Hey Fink. Sorry about the problems you're having. Quick question, are you upgrading from a previous Palm OS device? I had some issues when I upgraded from my clie, but I got bluetooth working this past weekend.
    Mav, I'm upgrading from a Treo 600. In any event, I've tried uninstalling, repairing and reinstalling the sync software, but my desktop keeps freezing up. This is a nightmare.
    Mav, I'm upgrading from a Treo 600. In any event, I've tried uninstalling, repairing and reinstalling the sync software, but my desktop keeps freezing up. This is a nightmare.
    It's your desktop on your PC that's freezing up? What kind of comp do you have? Also, are you syncing at home or work (exchange?)?
    I'm syncing at the office on a Win XP professional PC. 'm beginning to think that the root of my syncing errors is Agendus 9. I didn't notice the syncing problem until the next time I attempted to hot sync after installing Agendus. I tried to install, re-install, un install the P1 software, but my windows XP desktop machine stalled out before completing all of these processes. I even tried a system restore to a Windows system configuration from last week. Still the contacts and calendar show sync errors. I'm running out of ideas and options. Anyone have a similar problem that they were able to work through in some other way??
    This problem is referenced in a PalmOne note I read.

I get contacts to sync but I don't get Calander.

It suggests updating the conduits or using a different conduit (like Chapura). I thought that was funny.

Anyway, I downloaded a trial of keysuites and the contacts and calander synced fine.

Sort of a pain since I was hoping to use the default apps.
    I'm syncing at the office on a Win XP professional PC. 'm beginning to think that the root of my syncing errors is Agendus 9. I didn't notice the syncing problem until the next time I attempted to hot sync after installing Agendus. I tried to install, re-install, un install the P1 software, but my windows XP desktop machine stalled out before completing all of these processes. I even tried a system restore to a Windows system configuration from last week. Still the contacts and calendar show sync errors. I'm running out of ideas and options. Anyone have a similar problem that they were able to work through in some other way??
    I had some problems with my Docs to Go (from my old Clie) when I first converted. The instructions that come with the Treo 650 for upgrading are wrong. It claims that it doesn't install apps that aren't compatible, but it didn't work.

Here's what I did that finally helped out. I did a hard reset of the Treo 650. Uninstalled everything I could from the PC (I had my calendar and contacts in our Exchange server) and renamed/moved the Backup folder on the drive. Your backup folder will be something like c:\program files\palmone\Name \Backup. Move/rename this folder (and maybe even the whole username folder) to a new location, re-install the software, and try again. Make sure you export your contacts/calendar first.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast