Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    How to make the Volume on the Head Set on the Blue Tooth go higher then what it is????? Please get back to me ASAP......
    Maybe this has been answered, but I can't seem to find it. Is there a way to clear the bluetooth device cache and device file (and start over) without doing a hard reset? My Treo 650 cuts off phone calls after 5-10 seconds and the bluetooth icon signals a bluetooth device is in use when there is no device within 50 feet. I even went to the middle of a parking lot (without cars!) and it still does it.
    I agree with a previous poster about this being WAY too complicated. I have been in the tech field for 25 years, and find this bluetooth set-up totally confusing. Somehow, I have my Treo 650 and the Treo Headset listed in my Bluetooth Neighborhood (don't ask me how I managed that ;-)

I was able to exchange Business Cards.

I cannot however do a Hot Sync, something about Port in Use. Also, it seems that I was unable to set up the virtual Serial port properly, only option available was Com0 (HotSync Manager seems to use Com3) My computer name is listed as a HotSync option on the 650 HotSync App.

So, is there a good place to look for this information in a clear way. I have documentation from Widcomm (supplier of my BT USB Adapter) but it is not very helpful.

I use a Compaq R3160US with Windows XP SP2

Thanks,

George in Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by CUBBIEBEAR
    Maybe this device is too much for me to handle. Maybe my computer skills are not where they should be, but I am the demographic that this product was created for. A middle Aged successful road warrior, who owns several companies. My free time is no longer filled with recreational activities, it is spent on hold to India. The folks at Palm One are in hiding. They will not respond to pleas for help.

This product is very error prone.

Now that I have finished venting, here are my complaints.

Versamail...Crashes fairly often. Advice from India Central is to hard boot the treo and restore data from laptop. Phone has not gone one roadtrip without being rebooted.

Complaint number two. Bluetooth is a great idea. IT SUCKS on Treo 650.

The Jabra free headphone works only until you configure your computer for bluetooth. When you go back to the headphone, it no longer regards you as a trusted device and you must reconfigure. The same holds true when you go back to the computer.

The removable battery is a nice improvement.

I regret having purchased this phone...I will wait until a real manufacturer produces a business friendly device and purchase it.

The Palm One approach to solving their design and implementation problems are to hide behind 3rd world customer service. With the treo 600, service was done in Canada. These folks were responsive and empowered. The new folks are just shields to keep you from Palm One. When you call Palm One corporate, you get puppet corporate speak dummies, who placate you and throw the message in the circular file. This is no way to run a company. Hopefully, they will begin to get enough BAD press that their "WE are rock stars" attitude will dissolve.

Good luck to all you nice folks who are blinded by Treo...It ain't what its billed to be.

Her
    FWIW, I've had problems with BT headsets with my old cell phone as well; I don't think the sound quality problem is just with the Treo.

I've never had VersaMail crash on me.

I love the Treo; the marriage between cell phone and the Palm OS is the best combination, in my opinion. I'm sure if CUBBIEGEAR wants to sell his Treo 650, he'll find tons of people on here who'd love to take it off his hands!
    naftalim wrote:

I cannot however do a Hot Sync, something about Port in Use. Also, it seems that I was unable to set up the virtual Serial port properly, only option available was Com0 (HotSync Manager seems to use Com3) My computer name is listed as a HotSync option on the 650 HotSync App.

So, is there a good place to look for this information in a clear way. I have documentation from Widcomm (supplier of my BT USB Adapter) but it is not very helpful.

I also struggled with the Bluetooth HotSync. I was able to HotSync with the cable provided, to set up a Bluetooth Trusted Device, and to connect and send files from my Dell laptop to my 650 using the Belkin Bluetooth USB Adapter; however, I received the same HotSync message on my 650 when I initiated a Bluetooth sync - "unable to initiate because another application was in use."

I had to go into my Control Panel, and check the properties of the Bluetooth Devices. I selected the "COM Ports" tab of the Bluetooth Devices. I had to "Add" a port, because I originally only had COM Ports 1 and 3 in the HotSync Setup. After it searched around a little bit, it set up a COM Port 4. I had to check the Local tab in HotSync (the Local USB tab was already selected).

Now it seems to work. You may have to select Local every time you take the bluetooth adapter out of the PC. Good Luck, this took me 2 to 3 hours to figure out.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Everything you ever wanted to know (well, almost) about the Bluetooth features and profiles available on the Treo 650 can be found at PalmOne Support.

The Treo 650 supports these Bluetooth profiles:
    • GAP (Generic Access Profile: core Bluetooth support)
    • HSP (Headset Profile: answer/end calls, make outgoing calls, adjust volume)
    • HFP (Hands-Free Profile: reject call, mute, auto-answer, voice tags, last number redial)
    • SPP (Serial Port Profile: Bluetooth support for serial data connections, treating Bluetooth links as virtual COM ports)
    • GOEP (Generic Object Exchange Protocol: vCal, vCard and other files exchanged with Bluetooth devices)

Treo 650 does not support these Bluetooth profiles:
    • HID (Human Interface Device: connect to Bluetooth keyboard and other input devices)
    • FTP (File Transfer Profile: appears as external hard drive on a Windows or Mac computer)
    • A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution: playing music wirelessly. This is Bluetooth 1.2, and the Treo 650 smartphone is Bluetooth 1.1)
    • All other Bluetooth profiles not specifically listed above
    Is there any chance of a Bluetooth Update in the future, to support Bluetooth 1.2? I'd love to be able to listen to music via a bluetooth headset.
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgostanian
    Is there any chance of a Bluetooth Update in the future, to support Bluetooth 1.2?
    I'd say that chance is slim to none. Perhaps in the next Treo, but I don't think it'll happen on the 650 (at least not from Palm).
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    I too am struggling with the 'unable to initiate because another application is using the port' message on the Treo. curveball: I'm using a Mac with OS X. I've been unable to even get PalmOne support on the phone, and nor could Verizon Tech Support when they tried with me on the line :-(.

Anyhow, my Treo can find my Mac in the Bluetooth discovery no problem, and my Mac can find the Treo - but the Mac sees it as a phone, and won't give me any capabilities for sync. If I click 'Bluetooth' on the Treo, and select devices, it sees my Mac - and tells me how to create/select a Bluetooth serial connection (on a Windows PC, but OK). I run through the appropriate steps on the HotSync manager on the Mac, and end up with a bluetooth-pda-sync-port running and listening, set to 'as fast as possible.' (Note: if I set the Mac to USB and hotsync the Treo via USB, it syncs fine, both to Palm desktop and then when I set it to iSync, it synced fine via iSync).

Then, on the Treo, it says 'ready to sync using HotSync.' I do that, and it starts the HotSync app. It shows me the hotsync icon, and my BlueTooth connection, named properly, is selected in the dropdown. It says 'Local' (not 'Modem'). I click 'HotSync.' It starts, switches to the three-icon status screen, waits five or ten seconds, then bombs out with that error.

ARGH.

Nothing is ever written to the log, on either the Treo or the Mac. Also, I went into Verizon's asstastic 'Wireless Sync' program and disabled it for everything except Mail, set it to 'Network Sync' only, and told it to allow other sync methods and to allow other programs access to the DB.

Same result.

ARRRRRGH.

Any suggestions? I can understand that the Treo doesn't show up in the Mac's BT discovery - has VZW crippled the BT profile somehow? But I don't understand why this hotsync attempt fails. It sounds like something on the Treo end is interfering - likely the VZW 'Wireless Sync' app. But I don't know how to deal with that.

A friend of mine has a VZW 650 as well. HIS will iSync to his Mac, but here's what happened with him - he had originally had a Cingular 650, and hated their service, so he returned it. When he got his VZW 650, he *restored* his Cing650 data onto the VZW 650. *then* he Discovered it - and it shows up not as a 'phone' but as another device. I'm wondering if his overwriting the Cingular software onto the VZW 650 somehow overwrote whatever crippling the VZW stuff put onto there. Does that make any sense?

Thanks,
    S
    Okay, fixed it. Not VZW's fault. Here's what got it to work for me. If you're getting 'Unable to comply with request: Port is in use by another application" errors on your Treo, or if you're getting "Transport Monitor is unable to (yadda) (16)" errors on your Mac, try this.

Make sure no Palm software (or iSync) is running on the Mac.

In ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/, trash all com.palm.* files.

In ~/Library/Preferences, trash all com.palm.* files (should be 1).

In System Preferences (the app), under 'Bluetooth,' make sure your computer is 'Discoverable' (box checked) in the 'Settings' tab.

In the 'Sharing' tab, make sure the 'Bluetooth-PDA-Sync' service has the 'On' box checked (mine wasn't!). Select the service name. On the right, there is a dropdown box for 'Type:' - make sure that is set to 'RS-232' - not Modem.

Exit Bluetooth prefs, saving all changes if it asks you to.

At that point, you should be able to go to HotSync manager and enable Bluetooth-PDA-Sync sync method and enable connections. Then go to your Treo, enable Bluetooth, and initiate a HotSync. It should work.

Whew.
    Does anyone know of a handsfree bluetooth device that allows you to dial from your contacts list from a scroll feature as opposed to voice dialing?
    Sierran, when you are changing the settings, in the connection settings, i highlight the BT-PDA-? then hit the settings button at the bottom. what is highlighted to get yours to work. i am not sure if i am going to have a problem due to a usb BT adapter. any help would be great...thanks
    -Christopher
    Is it possible to access the internet from my laptop through my bluetooth connection to cingulars gprs? I have been looking everywhere then I found this site. I hope someone can help.

Thanks,

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by cherylb
    When i first got my treo 650 I hooked up a bluetooth adapter on my desktop and my laptop. I have been sucessfully using hotsync on my laptop but for some reason using the same equipment on my desktop I cannot get it to work. My phone sees my desktop and they are linked with my passkey but when i tell it to hotsync it comes up and says port is in use by another application.
    i have local usb on my hotsync manager and it is set to com 13 and i have under bluetooth local serial device listed as com 13.

help??
    I have the same problem..what adapter are you using or recommending???...thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alclark
    Is it possible to access the internet from my laptop through my bluetooth connection to cingulars gprs? I have been looking everywhere then I found this site. I hope someone can help.

Thanks,

Al
    It's call Bluetooth DUN... do a search for DUN and you'll find your answer...

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Make sure on the desktop you select LOCAL and not LOCAL USB.
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Don't know what PDA/Phone device you use but the Treo 650 as you are probably already aware supports this function. I bought the 650 and a BT Treo headset two weeks ago. I can now scroll thru my contacts, press on the ph # and the headset automatiaclly picks up the call. If you were going to upgrade at some point this is the route I went and it's been great. I might want to upgrade the contact software to Key Suites at some point as it looks to be a great improvement over the built in contact software. But for $49.95 I'm waiting until I can find a similar program cheaper.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Any way to upgrade my 650 to Bluetooth 1.2? I'm going NUTS for it!

karl
    www.justsayok.net
    Not currently. There is a "bounty" going - search on A2DP - but I believe it is only for A2DP.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    Hello everyone!

I have gone through two Sprint 650 handsets to try to fix my bluetooth issues and still they are not solved.

I have tried several different headsets (and an Acura MDX) with two 650 handsets and the people on the other side of the phone report missing words in most of my sentences. This is irrespective of the heaset or handset combination I am using.

I have tried to reason with Sprint (an Oxymoron, I know) to no avail. They have told me that it is most likely my headset... when we go through the fact that it is happening on two Sony Ericson, one Logitech and an Acura vehicle they don't seem to know what to say. They have swapped the phone out but that does not seem to fix the problem...

Any ideas from anyone!? I have the latest version of the software on the phone.

Thanks!

YOEL

Does anyone know if the Treo 650 via Verizon will work with the BlueTooth feature on an Acura MDX? The Acura website mentions that the Sprint Treo 650 will work, but does not mention the Verizon one.

Thanks!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast