Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by finkkatz
    I've tried and I've tried to get my 650 to hot sync via the virtual bluetooth port that I set up. Despite the fact that both the desktop and the 650 find each other and that they're paired, the sync fails every time. Either I'm missing something or there's something buggy about the 650 and bluetooth.
    If you use Mac, try Missingsync. You can find it at http://macupdate.com/info.php/id/8068.

It is easy to setup. I use an Apple 15" Powerbook and the Treo 650. It works great with Entourage.
    Quote Originally Posted by CUBBIEBEAR
    The Palm One approach to solving their design and implementation problems are to hide behind 3rd world customer service. With the treo 600, service was done in Canada. These folks were responsive and empowered. The new folks are just shields to keep you from Palm One. When you call Palm One corporate, you get puppet corporate speak dummies, who placate you and throw the message in the circular file. This is no way to run a company. Hopefully, they will begin to get enough BAD press that their "WE are rock stars" attitude will dissolve.

Good luck to all you nice folks who are blinded by Treo...It ain't what its billed to be.

Her
    I COMPLETELY agree. Palm has become a pathetic company. I am on my second lemon of a 650. Dealing with India, or wherever what they laughably call tech support comes from, has been a nightmare.
    Quote Originally Posted by carlstuffs
    The Treo 650 IS NOT FOR YOU. You have no patience to even be touching the Treo 650. It's an unbelieveable devise. My 650 works beautifully, bluetooth and all. My advise to you is . . . stick with pad and pencil and you'll be fine, or better yet, hire a secretary and continue TO STAY ON HOLD TO INDIA. The Treo 650 is also a state of mind and should not be owned by the timid.
    This statement is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on these otherwise credible forums. I am on my second 650 lemon. Palm has acknowledged the lemons, and is preparing to send me a third. Do you think your "state of mind" nonsense justifies a $700 price tag for a product that is barely functional for many people? Just because you're having a fine experience with your Treo does not in fact mean that ANYONE ELSE should ever have to put up with the nonsense that Palm--and apparently you--think they can get away with.
    "This statement is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on these otherwise credible forums. I am on my second 650 lemon. Palm has acknowledged the lemons, and is preparing to send me a third. Do you think your "state of mind" nonsense justifies a $700 price tag for a product that is barely functional for many people? Just because you're having a fine experience with your Treo does not in fact mean that ANYONE ELSE should ever have to put up with the nonsense that Palm--and apparently you--think they can get away with." - Pale Rider

I too had a lemon (unlocked 650) the first time around. The 2nd one they sent was totally functional (except for the 512 memory hog issue).

My Sprint 650 (with the 1.08 patch applyed after receipt) has been real enjoyable.

I was unhappy with the state of the memory issue on the unlocked one; but truely enjoy the experience with the Treo from Sprint (except for some LAN Bluetooth issues). The issues that I have would not affect the "normal" users. The other 3 manager at my office will most likely never experience the bluetooth issue (surfing from 650 through PC). They would most likely only use Bluetooth to talk on the phone.

I have had my issues with palmOne (and Palm Inc) and even the customer service folk. The Treo 650 with the patch fixed a lot of the issues that 650 owners have had. palmOne needs to make the patch available for the Unlocked and Cingular folk (and fast) before they start abandoning the ship.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by carlstuffs
    The Treo 650 is also a state of mind and should not be owned by the timid.
    I'm stealing this for a sig
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Hang on there a sec -

You tellin' me that the NEW Tero 650 has Bluetooth 1.1 and NOT the new 1.2? Why the heck is this?

What HAS 1.2 if not a new Tero 650?

Karl
    www.karlz.blogs.com
    Sometimes when this (the OLERR error stuff) happens to me, I set the conduit to DESKTOP OVERWRITES HANDHELD for one sync, and all probs disappear after that. Of course, you would lose the stuff you added to the palm since the last sync.
    Walter
    When i first got my treo 650 I hooked up a bluetooth adapter on my desktop and my laptop. I have been sucessfully using hotsync on my laptop but for some reason using the same equipment on my desktop I cannot get it to work. My phone sees my desktop and they are linked with my passkey but when i tell it to hotsync it comes up and says port is in use by another application.
    i have local usb on my hotsync manager and it is set to com 13 and i have under bluetooth local serial device listed as com 13.

help??
    Same syncing problem here. BT sees each other and virtual com port matches plus Local IS checked but I always get the pain-in-@ss "your current virtual port is being used by another application" error whenever I tried to sync.

Tried soft reset but made no difference. Can't do a hard reset as my data has never been backed up on the new laptop.

Anymore ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by karlz
    Hang on there a sec -

You tellin' me that the NEW Tero 650 has Bluetooth 1.1 and NOT the new 1.2? Why the heck is this?

What HAS 1.2 if not a new Tero 650?

Karl
    www.karlz.blogs.com
    Yah, I was disappointed by that as well. Someone chime in and correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the switch from 1.1 to 1.2 software based whereas the switch to 2.0 is hardware based as well? So... isn't it possible (assuming Palm is forward thinking) to update to at least 1.2 in the future for these phones?

As to "The Treo 650 is not meant for the timid"... you're an *****. These people aren't timid or stupid (well, I'm sure some of them are); they're getting a crappy product. Alot of people in my family have Treo 650s and I can tell you I'm the lucky one. My dad's gone through three and my uncle two. There's nothing timid about expecting your very expensive cell phone to work as advertised without hassle.

The fact of the matter is (and keep in mind I very much like my Treo 650), Palm's software sucks as does their customer support. The fact that new phones are handed out so freely suggests that someone somewhere knows there are issues with these phones does it not? Or perhaps that these phones are so enormously overpriced, it doesn't really matter after you've gotten someone to shell out for one? I go with the first option.

People seem to expect crappy software from Palm (or perhaps in general). "I couldn't uninstall Palm desktop." (Which btw, it wouldn't uninstall from my father's computer either. I had to delete it and manually get rid of the registry entries to be safe.) "Oh, I just reinstalled it." Now, I'm not saying anything about that post and its solution, but the first thing that pops in my mind is: why the hell is there a problem uninstalling it which I've seen numerous times?

Anyhow, I had a Jabra BT800 for my last phone (Nokia 6230 which rocked btw). I also had a Jabra BT500. My luck with bluetooth has been pretty slim (well, when I read other people's stories I realize that's not completely true comparatively). Sound quality on both those headsets was poor, and I got more interference ridden calls than the opposite. On top of that, both were useless in even a mild breeze, so I'm wary of trying bluetooth out again (for headsets). Of course, I'll probably wind up getting one of the higher rated ones, because I have this overwhelming desire for this to work (and there's no reason it shouldn't). Why Palm decided to go with 1.1 as opposed to 1.2 (or 2.0 for that matter) which supposedly increased reception which... (isn't that the problem with most bluetooth headsets?) is completely beyond me.
    I totally agree with you.

The 650 is a freaking phone and not a science project. We shouldn't have to spend hours/days trying to tweak it or fix it just get the basic functionality to work. I agree, that "timid" comment is lamest thing I've ever heard.

[QUOTE=eeyoredragon]
    As to "The Treo 650 is not meant for the timid"... you're an *****. These people aren't timid or stupid (well, I'm sure some of them are); they're getting a crappy product. Alot of people in my family have Treo 650s and I can tell you I'm the lucky one. My dad's gone through three and my uncle two. There's nothing timid about expecting your very expensive cell phone to work as advertised without hassle.

QUOTE]
    so I got a new GlobalSat BT GPS and the Treo doesn't even see it yet. Dangit I WORK in the wifi/bt industry, and this is embarrassing.

I'll get it to work somehow.
    working now. Just threatened it a little and it started working!
    GlobalSat BT GPS is a great unit!
    so I fired up the GPS tonight and it's NOT seeing the GPS again. Are there ANY bluetooth monitoring/status checking/repairing apprlications out there for the Treo?

Greg
    unlocked GSM / GlobalSat GPS
    Try this..go to configure where you choose your GPS device in Tomtom, choose "Other Bluetooth GPS" and press *Select*, wait about 10 seconds and now go back into the configuration and Choose "TomTom GPS"...wait about 10 seconds and if all goes well your Bluetooth device selection screen will pop up..choose BT338 and hit ok...it should now beep 2 times and link up and show your current position.

If this doesnt work go back into configure and choose "Other Bluetooth GPS" yet again and wait about 20 seconds..yes its a real PITA but it will work..I have this problem alot and doing these same steps solves the problem...other times the GPS seems to link up flawlessly...go figure.
    Thanks, but first of all I'm using Mapopopolis and not TomTom. Secondly Map only sees searches for the GPS when I try to load a map. When I first installed the app. it found the GPS just fine, but now it doesn't see it.

i've tried other 'basic' GPS programs like Navigator, and they see the GPS only after i manually set the baud rate, etc. I also tried 'Fly' from gpspilot.com and it doesn't see it now either, but USED to work up until last week.

So SOMETHING got in there and locked out my bluetooth or something and I'm looking for SOME sort of diagnostic or debug application that can 'release' the bluetooth.

And while I'm at it I want my GPRS (email/internet) back!

Is it me or is Cingular screwing with their networks again?

Lastly, I did TWO hard resets with no change in results.

Buggered in San Diego...
    At the Version store they did a pairing and my blue tooth motorola HS820 worked fine...now it doesn't. When I try and pair it although I see the device on the list of known device from the drop down list, I get an error message saying it can not find device. Device is on and 2 feet away....HELP!
    I think that your problems are with Windows XP. I have a mac. I set up bluetooth one time and it has synced great since. I never have the problems that are described here.
    Hallelujah! Problem solved. I went to other threads on this site and found that some people had been told to abandon Palm conduits for the Chapura conduits that we all used to use on older palms. There are two. Keysuites is the expensive one that replaces your PIM and Pocket Mirror is in the inexpensive one that just hotsyncs to your existing PIM. I used Keysuites and it worked INSTANTLY. I suspect that Pocket Mirror would also have worked but I can't be certain. THis after days of following PalmOne Tech support from the Phillipines down a dozen bunny trails with no results. Get the word out, just sync with Chapura. Don't know if this solves the BT sync issue, but if you are getting OLERR errors, this is what you need. Thanks to all for your help.
    Hallelujah! Problem solved. I went to other threads on this site and found that some people had been told to abandon Palm conduits for the Chapura conduits that we all used to use on older palms. There are two. Keysuites is the expensive one that replaces your PIM and Pocket Mirror is in the inexpensive one that just hotsyncs to your existing PIM. I used Keysuites and it worked INSTANTLY. I suspect that Pocket Mirror would also have worked but I can't be certain. THis after days of following PalmOne Tech support from the Phillipines down a dozen bunny trails with no results. Get the word out, just sync with Chapura. Don't know if this solves the BT sync issue, but if you are getting OLERR errors, this is what you need. Thanks to all for your help.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast