Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Awesome post... finally just found it thanks to another member... unfortunately after the fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    Hmm, I have been very happy with my 650, but I never had a 600 to compare it too. I have ordered a Bluetooth headset that I am hoping will be here today or tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it works when I get it. The headset is the Sony Ericsson HBH-660.
    please let me know if yours works because i cannot get my 650 to even recognize my SE hbh-660. thanks
    Just got mine and it works perfectly! It paired in within a couple of secs.Would are you doing? Or not I should ask...
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Having trouble keeping my Jabra 250 as a "trusted device" I can go through the whole setup and the treo tells me I can now use my bluetooth headset... but then when a call comes in the headset does not work, same when I dial out. So I went back into the bluetooth screen and it does not show the Jabra as trusted anymore. Anybody else having this problem??
    My Cingular 650 recognizes my Sony HBH-660 and says "Connection in progress...". But I can't get it to go past this point.

Any suggestions?
    Is it asking for the passkey?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    It asks for the passkey after I've done a hard reset. I enter the passkey, but the headset is never fully recognized. The 650 knows something is out there, because when I hit the button on my HBH-660, the Treo beeps and searches for it.
    The HBH-660 is also listed as a trusted device in the Bluetooth section on my Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertone
    The HBH-660 is also listed as a trusted device in the Bluetooth section on my Treo.
    If it's listed as a trusted device, it's already paired and you shouldn't have any issues...
    When you turn on the headset and make sure BT is on (on the treo), what happens when a call comes in or you try and place one? Does the call not transfer to the headset when you place a call? Does the headset ring on an incoming call?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I have another problem with my (german) Treo 650 GSM. My manual says that I can have my Treo being activated in "standby". There shold be a Option "Aktivierung aus Ruhemodus", which means something like "Wakeup on bluetooth". But I can't find this option on my Treo anywhere in the bluetooth-menus. Can anyone help me?

Edit: I just found the right thread about this issue... So just forget my question
    Last edited by michis0806; 03/13/2005 at 06:52 PM.
    Anyone found a way to at least listen to audio books over Bluetooth? I realize that stereo music is not a possibility, but what about mono audio books?
    Quote Originally Posted by CUBBIEBEAR
    Maybe this device is too much for me to handle. Maybe my computer skills are not where they should be, but I am the demographic that this product was created for. A middle Aged successful road warrior, who owns several companies. My free time is no longer filled with recreational activities, it is spent on hold to India. The folks at Palm One are in hiding. They will not respond to pleas for help.

This product is very error prone.

Now that I have finished venting, here are my complaints.

Versamail...Crashes fairly often. Advice from India Central is to hard boot the treo and restore data from laptop. Phone has not gone one roadtrip without being rebooted.

Complaint number two. Bluetooth is a great idea. IT SUCKS on Treo 650.

The Jabra free headphone works only until you configure your computer for bluetooth. When you go back to the headphone, it no longer regards you as a trusted device and you must reconfigure. The same holds true when you go back to the computer.

The removable battery is a nice improvement.

I regret having purchased this phone...I will wait until a real manufacturer produces a business friendly device and purchase it.

The Palm One approach to solving their design and implementation problems are to hide behind 3rd world customer service. With the treo 600, service was done in Canada. These folks were responsive and empowered. The new folks are just shields to keep you from Palm One. When you call Palm One corporate, you get puppet corporate speak dummies, who placate you and throw the message in the circular file. This is no way to run a company. Hopefully, they will begin to get enough BAD press that their "WE are rock stars" attitude will dissolve.

Good luck to all you nice folks who are blinded by Treo...It ain't what its billed to be.

Her
    The Treo 650 IS NOT FOR YOU. You have no patience to even be touching the Treo 650. It's an unbelieveable devise. My 650 works beautifully, bluetooth and all. My advise to you is . . . stick with pad and pencil and you'll be fine, or better yet, hire a secretary and continue TO STAY ON HOLD TO INDIA. The Treo 650 is also a state of mind and should not be owned by the timid.
    Last edited by carlstuffs; 03/16/2005 at 11:32 AM.
    The Treo 650 IS NOT FOR YOU. You have no patience to even be touching the Treo 650. It's an unbelieveable devise. My 650 works beautifully, bluetooth and all. My advise to you is . . . stick with pad and pencil and you'll be fine, or better yet, hire a secretary and continue TO STAY ON HOLD TO INDIA. The Treo 650 is also a state of mind and should not be owned by the timid.
    Quote Originally Posted by CUBBIEBEAR
    Maybe this device is too much for me to handle. Maybe my computer skills are not where they should be, but I am the demographic that this product was created for. A middle Aged successful road warrior, who owns several companies. My free time is no longer filled with recreational activities, it is spent on hold to India. The folks at Palm One are in hiding. They will not respond to pleas for help.

This product is very error prone.

Now that I have finished venting, here are my complaints.

Versamail...Crashes fairly often. Advice from India Central is to hard boot the treo and restore data from laptop. Phone has not gone one roadtrip without being rebooted.

Complaint number two. Bluetooth is a great idea. IT SUCKS on Treo 650.

The Jabra free headphone works only until you configure your computer for bluetooth. When you go back to the headphone, it no longer regards you as a trusted device and you must reconfigure. The same holds true when you go back to the computer.

The removable battery is a nice improvement.

I regret having purchased this phone...I will wait until a real manufacturer produces a business friendly device and purchase it.

The Palm One approach to solving their design and implementation problems are to hide behind 3rd world customer service. With the treo 600, service was done in Canada. These folks were responsive and empowered. The new folks are just shields to keep you from Palm One. When you call Palm One corporate, you get puppet corporate speak dummies, who placate you and throw the message in the circular file. This is no way to run a company. Hopefully, they will begin to get enough BAD press that their "WE are rock stars" attitude will dissolve.

Good luck to all you nice folks who are blinded by Treo...It ain't what its billed to be.

Her
    I bought my Cingular Treo 650 Feb 4th, 2005. I had bought a Jabra BT250 bluetooth headset in 2004 and thought that it would be great to use it with my Treo 650. Unfortunately, it did not want to auto link with the Treo and had terrible sound and connection quality. I really wanted to use the Jabra BT250 because of the ergonomic quality, it fit great and was very comfortable to wear all day long. It worked great with my other cell phones, . . . what was the problem now with my Treo? After doing some reasearch, I found out that Jabra makes (2) BT250 bluetooth headset models. One specifically optimized for PalmOne's Treo 650 (part no. 3182WW) and one for all other cell phones. I bought the optimized Jabra BT250 (part no. 3182WW, made for PalmOne) at the Treocentral web site. IT WORKS GREAT . . . AUTO LINK AND ALL !!!!!! If you are going to buy a Jabra BT250 headset, don't buy it at a brick and mortar store, go online and look specifically for PalmOne's bluetooth headset PART NO. 3182WW.
    Quote Originally Posted by carlstuffs
    The Treo 650 is also a state of mind and should not be owned by the timid.
    haha
    I bought my Cingular Treo 650 Feb 4th, 2005. I had bought a Jabra BT250 bluetooth headset in 2004 and thought that it would be great to use it with my Treo 650. Unfortunately, it did not want to auto link with the Treo and had terrible sound and connection quality. I really wanted to use the Jabra BT250 because of the ergonomic quality, it fit great and was very comfortable to wear all day long. It worked great with my other cell phones, . . . what was the problem now with my Treo? After doing some reasearch, I found out that Jabra makes (2) BT250 bluetooth headset models. One specifically optimized for PalmOne's Treo 650 (part no. 3182WW) and one for all other cell phones. I bought the optimized Jabra BT250 (part no. 3182WW, made for PalmOne) at the Treocentral web site. IT WORKS GREAT . . . AUTO LINK AND ALL !!!!!! If you are going to buy a Jabra BT250 headset, don't buy it at a brick and mortar store, go online and look specifically for PalmOne's bluetooth headset PART NO. 3182WW.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    The Treo 650 IS NOT FOR YOU. [snip] The Treo 650 is also a state of mind and should not be owned by the timid.
    The Treo 650 IS NOT FOR YOU. [snip] The Treo 650 is also a state of mind and should not be owned by the timid.
    I bought my Cingular Treo 650 Feb 4th, 2005. I had bought a Jabra BT250 bluetooth headset in 2004 and thought that it would be great to use it with my Treo 650
    I bought my Cingular Treo 650 Feb 4th, 2005. I had bought a Jabra BT250 bluetooth headset in 2004 and thought that it would be great to use it with my Treo 650
    Posting to the TreoCentral discussion board should not be attempted by the timid!! ;-)

But seriously, folks, a Bluetooth question I can't find a definitive answer to: Can the Treo 650 do more than one Bluetooth job at a time? I've seen a suggestion that if you are using BT for GPS, you can't use your phone. Does that mean you can't use it at all, or that you can't use your BT headset and have to answer it manually?
    You can't use 2 BT connections at the same time. Only one can be used at even given time that I'm aware of.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    So, I can't use Tom Tom GPS with a BT connection and drive legally?

Doesn't seem much point in having GPS on the 650, then. I guess I'd better pursue this on the Tom Tom thread and see if I'm missing the point.
    I tried the Motorola and the Jabra on the T650. Both Stink. I read this forum and went out and got the Scala Cardio 500. Jackpot. It works great and it was inexpensive. Got it at J&R online. Only complaint is that it is a little too big for my ears. It works and is priced right. Check it out
    Quote Originally Posted by finkkatz
    I've tried and I've tried to get my 650 to hot sync via the virtual bluetooth port that I set up. Despite the fact that both the desktop and the 650 find each other and that they're paired, the sync fails every time. Either I'm missing something or there's something buggy about the 650 and bluetooth.
    If you use Mac, try Missingsync. You can find it at http://macupdate.com/info.php/id/8068.

It is easy to setup. I use an Apple 15" Powerbook and the Treo 650.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast