Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I Totally agree with CUBBIEBEAR posting. The 650 was a rush job on Palm's part and it stinks. Tactile response on the keys suck, Bluetooth really sucks, but that screen is sweet. I RMA'd mine yesterday, thank god for the 30 day return policy. I'm going to go buy another 600 because it loved it and i gave the old one to the wife who won't give it back oh well, such is life. for 89 bucks i'm going to try the G2 bluetooth add-on for the 600 - can't be worse than the 650
    To advise you all how I solved my own syncing problem. As has become common with my T650 problems, I had to use a third party software, Pocket Mirror XT to solve the problem. P1's website has a note that someone submitted the exact same problem to their tech support about 45 days ago, and they still have not resolved it. I wasn't going to hold my breath with P1, so I got Pocket Mirror XT. Using those conduits instead of the T650 bundled dekstop manager did the trick and I can now sync my calendar and contacts error free.
    finkkatz,

I did the same but I decided to use the KeySuite Application instead.

How do you get the sync to happen via PM XT instead of the bundle?

I don't always check the board so you can email me if you want.
    Hmm, I have been very happy with my 650, but I never had a 600 to compare it too. I have ordered a Bluetooth headset that I am hoping will be here today or tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it works when I get it. The headset is the Sony Ericsson HBH-660.
    Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere, though I did look around for it --

I recently purchased a Treo 650 and a Motorola Bluetooth Headset to use with it. I believe I'm not asking much out of this arrangement: All I want to do is hit the button on my earpiece, say a name, and initiate a call.

Is that impossible with the Treo 650? Every piece of corporate literature that I've read (AFTER buying it of course, ha ha -- silly me to take the saleslady at her word) says something "Use your wireless headset to answer and end calls, and more!" Well yeah, I've got the answering and ending part down pretty good by now, thank you. I want to use my wireless to PLACE a call, using Voice Commands.

Is this impossible? Please help. Thank you.

Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by finkkatz
    I've tried and I've tried to get my 650 to hot sync via the virtual bluetooth port that I set up. Despite the fact that both the desktop and the 650 find each other and that they're paired, the sync fails every time. Either I'm missing something or there's something buggy about the 650 and bluetooth.
    I Have the same problem. My PC and Treo recognize each other but fail to connect. I have created a BT Virtual Com port, and did the soft reset as suggested. How did you get the initial sync to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmarsilii
    Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere, though I did look around for it --

I recently purchased a Treo 650 and a Motorola Bluetooth Headset to use with it. I believe I'm not asking much out of this arrangement: All I want to do is hit the button on my earpiece, say a name, and initiate a call.

Is that impossible with the Treo 650? Every piece of corporate literature that I've read (AFTER buying it of course, ha ha -- silly me to take the saleslady at her word) says something "Use your wireless headset to answer and end calls, and more!" Well yeah, I've got the answering and ending part down pretty good by now, thank you. I want to use my wireless to PLACE a call, using Voice Commands.

Is this impossible? Please help. Thank you.
    Bill
    Did your 650 come with the Voice Dial software (trial)? That is what you need. It is an extra piece of software. I haven't tried it yet myself, so I don't know about using it with a headset.
    I may have missed this, but I am I correct in understanding that the Treo 650 does NOT support encryption via Bluetooth? I tested it side by side today with a Blackberry 7290 with a Plantronics M3500. The Blackberry has a specific option to enable encryption for the device, whereas the Treo did not. Am I missing anything?
    For some odd reason, my treo 650 cannot detect my motorola headset HS801. I have tried all sorts of ways in the past 2 weeks. Any other suggestions. I am begining to suspect incompatibility.

Thanks,
    E
    When is treo 650 going to be in stores? I haven't seen them so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by 219BRRNY
    For some odd reason, my treo 650 cannot detect my motorola headset HS801. I have tried all sorts of ways in the past 2 weeks. Any other suggestions. I am begining to suspect incompatibility.

Thanks,
    E
    It detected mine fine...

Get the Headset ready, (hold the button down with the boom closed...) when you get the solid blue, open the boom, you should have your treo in the BT menu with setup hands free devices - the menu is "Nearby Devices", at this point it shoud detect the headset....

did it in about 7 seconds....

Now, if I could just get it to "wake up" like it did everytime I dialed a call with my BB 7290....
    Quote Originally Posted by finkkatz
    Thanks for the tips. I was able to get the device to sync at last. However, I'm still having a significant problem. Specifically, the calendar and contacts do not sync. I keep getting the following errors appearing in my log:
    Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:03-0023
    OLERR:0D-000E
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Recovery Sync
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:06-0001
    Outlook Contacts
    The conduits were unable to attach to Outlook, possibly because the logon was canceled or otherwise failed. Synchronization failed.
    OLERR:0C-000F (0x0)
    OLERR:0D-0003
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    Any ideas?
    It's funny that nobody is giving up the correct answer for you!!
    You need to get Chapura XT to get Outlook conduits to sync on the T-650.

www.chapura.com
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by helpermonkey
    Did your 650 come with the Voice Dial software (trial)? That is what you need. It is an extra piece of software. I haven't tried it yet myself, so I don't know about using it with a headset.

Unfortunately, I have Voice Dial and a Bluetooth headset and Voice Dial is not compatible with a Bluetooth headset. You have to use the wired headset to initiate a call with Voice Dial. Or just speak into the phone.

The weird thing was, other than the bluetooth headset problem, the trial version worked pretty well. But, once I bought it and entered the reg key, the only way it seemed to work was to say the number. If I tried to use it by speaking a name, it couldn't find anything.
    Which profile is used for sending files between mobile phones? I don't know if it is different on any other version, but i have the Cingular Treo, and I only have the headset, and sync profiles. I wonder if Cingular had these other profiles disabled. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by jahnewnoise
    Which profile is used for sending files between mobile phones? I don't know if it is different on any other version, but i have the Cingular Treo, and I only have the headset, and sync profiles. I wonder if Cingular had these other profiles disabled. Any ideas?
    Dunno, but it works. I've transfered pics and midis between my 650 (Sprint) and friends Ericsson T636.
    I have been searching the web for the past 3 hours looking for a BT voice dialing enabled solution for the Treo 650, I have also been on hold with Cingular for the past hour as they try to get a hold of Palm to find out what the solution is. I have a HS820 BT head set that works quite well but I cannot enable it for voice dialing, Motorola says to use the phone to set up VD and Treo 650 manual says to use the headset. Palm should be baraged with calls regarding this situation as these new 650's are sent into the market place. Plus Cingular told me it should be Palms responsibility to handle this, they are all responsible for the problem and they should all work toward a fix. Anyone have an answer to Bluetooth VD with the 650?
    I have the same problem with no answers
    Quote Originally Posted by experiment626
    So you cant listen to music with the 650's Bluetooth?! WTF?!

I was SO hoping for this.

Is the Bluetooth 1.1 upgradeable to 1.2 in the future do you think?
    The Palm OS 5.4 (or whatever the Treo 650 has) Does not support BT 1.2. Palm OS 6.1 does support 1.2 and prob 2.0 (if they know what's good for them) by the time it is released into production.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    This was from the Palm One web site support for the Treo Voice dialing http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,case=obj(31719)Bluetooth headset (wireless)
    Treo Voice Dialing is not compatible with Bluetooth headsets. When you press the button on a Bluetooth headset, Treo Voice Dialing is not activated. Use the Bluetooth headset normally, as if Treo Voice Dialing were not installed.
    Can anyone post a picture of their Bluetooth screen? I have the Cingular 650, and it only works with Sync, or Hands-free. I know Joebar can send files, but its that just Sprint? It is really irritating to have a $500 phone, and not have the same capabilities as a $100 phone.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast