Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    So, a warranty swap has meant that my usage of the fabled Treo 300 is no more. Alas, now I have to purchase a new copy of PDANet for the 600, the modem software we have all come to love. I'd like to try and make back a few dollars of this license, so, I'm asking $15.00 U.S. via Paypal for the Treo 300 license. That's still pretty dang cheap.

Additionally, I have a Treo 300 side holster. If you order the PDANet, drop $5.00 for shipping and handling, and I'll send you the holster too.

Reply to this message or email me at kevin@sesock.com if you're interested.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Bump Bumpity Bump Bump...
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Bump. Alright, if nobody wants it for $15.00, how about free? Anybody want PDANet for the 300 absolutely free?
    No one would be interested because the PDANet license is tied to your hotsync name, hence, it would just be no different from a demo or simply just downloading directly from vendor's website.
    Nice try though, WildFireX.

How does one say, "Let the buyer beware" in Latin?
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

Treo Hater's Club

Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
    Caveat Emptor.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    From a legality standpoint. After you purchase a piece of software, do you have the right to:

1. sell it?
    2. Give it away?

In the case of PDANet, if the seller sell it with his username, the buyer should have no trouble installing it. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    No one would be interested because the PDANet license is tied to your hotsync name, hence, it would just be no different from a demo or simply just downloading directly from vendor's website.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    From a legality standpoint. After you purchase a piece of software, do you have the right to:

1. sell it?
    2. Give it away?

In the case of PDANet, if the seller sell it with his username, the buyer should have no trouble installing it. Is that correct?
    From a standard software license, normally the license only allows you to use the software and nothing else.

On another view, if the seller sells the licensee plus the user name, the purchaser has to change the hotsync user name on the device to use it. Would it be practical, if the buyer has licenses other softwares based on another name?