1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Being the frugal person that I am, I didn't want to pay for Treo300SMS, and so for a while, I lived without SMS on my Treo 300. I tried the free text messenger, but it doesn't work too well, and you have to know the carrier of the phone number.

So....

This past thanksgiving weekend, I wrote a PHP script that automatically logged me into Sprint PCS website, and log into the SMS gateway available on their member pages at messenging.sprintpcs.com, to send the text message. Now, I can send text messages to anyone through blazer (or any other 3rd party browser), and it's been working well.

I am tempted to make a Palm app that does this for us. It'll work almost EXACTLY like Treo300SMS, except it'll be free. But I don't want to spend time working on an application that only a few people will use. I want to see if anyone would be interested in an application like this. If there isn't any interest, I am content in just using the PHP script I wrote.

Also, if you want the PHP script, I can send that to you as well.

Paul
    Hmmm.... I believe some one wrote a PQA for this long time ago. I used it way back when I had a T300. I'll to see if I can find the link...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I would be interested. Could you please email me what you have with Instructions?

Just so I understand- I could text any text capable phone, regardless of their carrier? If so I imagine plenty of people will be interested.

Plz email it to jeffestep64@hotmail.com

Thanks!
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    I'd try it out too!
    eek
    cool!! im down.. is it possible to code the treo in basic?
    I started this thread stating my need for one:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=66161

So yes, I'd be very interested!
    What do I have to do to get it to work?

Thanks!
    I would likt it too. Please email it to me at slgraves@ualr.edu
    Quote Originally Posted by jack52
    I started this thread stating my need for one:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=66161

So yes, I'd be very interested!
    What do I have to do to get it to work?

Thanks!
    Hmmm, I noticed this post was started 12/02/2004, so it looks like I got here late... is worker4youth or gfunkmagic still around to answer this?
    Someone else maybe?

Thanks!
    I would certainly like this. ReachThem and Text Messenger both require you to know the name of the carrier of the recipient--a pain. Sprint should have included this on the phone.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    yeah, id be much interested myself. por favore?
  11.    #11  
    Hi all,

Sorry for the long time away. I have since moved to the Treo 600, but I haven't forgotten you guys. I've attached the PHP script that allows a Treo 300 to send SMS from Blazer.

Here are the instructions:

- You will need a web hosting solution that can run PHP scripts (If you don't have one, I have uploaded it to mine, and will give it to you)
    - Unzip sms.zip
    - Upload sms.php
    - CHMOD to executable
    - Point your blazer browser (or Palm browser of your choice) to the script.
    - Send your text message

What the script does:
    - You'll notice that the script requires your Sprint PCS number and password. This is required because the script opens an SSL to the Sprint PCS website, and logs you into the site. Therefore, your password is always secure.
    - Once it logs you in, it will redirect to the text message page, and fill/post the form.
    - It then parses out the page to see whether the message has been sent successfully or not.

I have this script up at:

http://www.chmcdoulos.com/spcs/sms.php

You may be uncomfortable typing your password on a foreign page, but I can assure you that I am not snooping for other people's passwords. If you are still uncomfortable, I have made the script available to you to upload to your own web server. If you decide to go that route, you can customize the script so that you don't have to type in your number and password all the time.

Sorry I wasn't able to make a Palm app for you guys. I sure would have liked to, just to provide competition to the Treo300SMS charges.

If you have any questions, just shoot me an email!

Paul
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by worker4youth; 02/10/2005 at 11:30 AM.