1.    #1  
    I ordered a Sandisk Ultra II 1GB SD card from this company (name with held for now), and they sent me a Kingmax Platinum. They are telling me that they sent me an "upgraded" card that is actually better and costs more than the Sandisk. Am I being jerked around. I'm inclinded to make them send me what I ordered, but if it is better then....please any info would be helpful. Thanks.
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    Lots o' folks have complained about the SanDisk working well with Palm... The KingMax probably is fine..

Do this - on the "Card Info" screen, what manufacturer do they list? Example - My kingston card says "Toshiba." That's likely the REAL test. SanDisk makes their own and, as I said, I hear they don't work well w/ Palm...
    BOFH/Chavous Camp

Don't know what BOFH stands for? See here.
    I don't trust companies that do that sort of thing. These things benefit companies more than individuals.

It should have been backordered or they should have asked you if you wanted an alternative.

I have heard of no problems with Sandisk on the 650 and I have used them for years in other devices. Meanwhile I expect to get my 1GB Ultra II from Buy.com during the next week or two. Until then I will make do with the Kingston 256 (normal speed) card that I have now.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks! I think I'll make them send me the Sandisk. I hate to open this package to see who manufactured it, especially if I really don't want it. I agree...I think they did not have the Sandisk so just sent me this alternative.
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro