Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFrank
    Still looking for a process to IR beam songs to my wifes T600 SD card from my T600 (soon w/650 on VC order) SD. Try that iPod.
    That is going to be Es, El, Oh, Dubya Slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFrank
    Still looking for a process to IR beam songs to my wifes T600 SD card from my T600 (soon w/650 on VC order) SD. Try that iPod.

You can do this with McFile:

http://www.jade.dti.ne.jp/~imazeki/p...L/index-e.html

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    1. Its not a True iPod = 4 GB of Storage...nope

2. It does not play Copy-protected songs

That are the drawbacks , oh well , I understand why
    Quote Originally Posted by prasys
    1. Its not a True iPod = 4 GB of Storage...nope

2. It does not play Copy-protected songs

That are the drawbacks , oh well , I understand why
    There is more to it than that.

•Mount iPod drive on any desktop for massive file transfers and storage

•Super fast song/file transfer via firewire

•True seamless syncing of music

•Highend audiophile formats like AIFF and Apple Lossless

•Audiophile-grade internals to satisfy the pickiest ears.

•Compatible with more audio formats than any other device, period (despite Real Software's lame-*** claim)

•Way longer battery life 12 hours (iPod photo with color screen actually has 15 hours) and there is the option to get a more powerful battery which doubles this

These are a few more differences that I can think of off the top of my head.
    Ogg Vorbis files with PocketTunes on the 650 is the way to go. I don't need all 6,000 of my songs on my player at any given time. Just load the music I want to listen to on to my 1 gb card and I'm good to go with room to spare.

Now if you're a music fanatic and see yourself listening weekly to a wide selection of songs from a huge music library, then I can see why you may need an Ipod (it also means you listen to a hell of a lot of music!). But for me, I load about 20 different cd's on to my card and that holds me for a month or more.

As for battery life, I charge my 650 every night so that's never an issue.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Bottom line.....

try to make a phone call on your I-pod
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    I have downloaded pocket tunes, but now, I can not get the music on. I have tried etunes, itunes and even walmart music. no luck. can somebody help me.
    Run Pocket Tunes once to make sure Hotsync knows how to deal with MP3 files.
    Find the music files (ending in .mp3) on your computer and drag one to the hoysync application. It should accept them and set them to load in the data card. (You'll need to buy an SD memory card if you don't already have one)
    After you hotsync them they shoudl available to ptunes, just hit the 'ehject' icon and select a file.

Pocket Tunes won't play AAC or special copy protected formats.

If you're doing this a lot get a card reader and copy them directly to AUDIO folder.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12