Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clarko
    Hi, I loaded both of the posted files and it worked, I can record and all, but when I do a hot sync, (using OSX, Missing Sync for palm), missing sync gets caught on the voice memo conduit.. and I have to force quit. Any ideas?
    Disable the voice memo conduit, and ask Mark/Space to support this particular configuration in their next release. I have emailed them with lots of requests/suggestions in the past and they have always been receptive. I'd like to see Mac sync support for sketches from Note Pad, also added this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by PWC Realtor
    Just a thought:

This may sound stupid but it makes sense. Wouldn't the voice memo and notepad apps from the T5 work better than from the Tungsten C since T5 uses the same version of the Plam OS? If the T5 does no inclue these apps my apologies.
    Have the T5 Notepad .prc files been posted yet? I can't find them and I don't like notepad without 5 way support.
    Version 2.5 has been released. Personal Audio Recorder PRO now supports high resolution for the Treo650 and Tungsten.

www.toysoft.ca/par.html
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Amazing...! PAR sucks just as bad as Mvoice! I can't believe these people. It keeps crashing my T650. Jeez, I can't believe how the sound can't even begin to rival the perfect quality and simple ease of use that soundrec had. Just copy the damn thing, people, and make it better (compatible) and you'll have the perfect memo recorder. Until then I'm telling you, stay away from this crap. All I wanted was a button to hit to record and they had to go and even make that difficult on top of a buggy-*** program. The designers out there are really lacking these days. Slick little website and no goods whatsoever to back it up. Utter crapola. Not the sharpest group, these designers.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    mVoice works great on my T650... no crashes whatsoever. One-touch recording, great quality. I'm happy with mVoice.
    Fofer, that may be, but, to be specific, mVoice 'works' but the sound quality is relatively awful compared to that of 'soundrec'. With mVoice, even after tweaking the I/O volumes, I was blown away at how bad the extreme tin-foil/blowing thru a reed/harsh digital quality was upon playback. I cringe everytime I hear its playback. I don't know what the genius who created soundrec did to un-harsh the digital recording, but try it, its 100x warmer like an analog recorder. And its simple.....record, then stop, then playback-all one-touch. You never have to tweak input and output volumes. Its always perfect volume and clear relatively warm reproduction of voice. As far as crashing, I was referring to "PAR". I haven't been able to tolerate mVoice long enough to even test its stability. Just one opinion from an audiophile and purist. Taste test them and you'll see what I mean regarding clarity. I was worried about soundrec crashing on the T650 and lastest Palm OS, but surprisingly its performing flawlessly for an orphan app.
    Last edited by reanime; 05/08/2005 at 05:29 PM.
    Audacity has all of them beat for sound quality. Sound quality is a function of file size until you get into some of the better compression algorithms. Try the Audacity compressed 24 on the 650. A one minute recording is only about 175k and the quality is superb. Program is also feature rich and very stable.
    Will do.
    SoundRec has a new beta designed for the 650:

http://www.infinityball.com/soundrec.aspx
    Definitely cool app, but I disagree on sound quality. Soundrec is no frills, no adjustments had to be made to get the pristine sound quality it offers at all distances from the microphone. Audacity distorts and metalizes the sound just as much as the other apps I've heard, yet with a little more control. Again depending on my distance from the microphone, I had to go in and adjust the input level. I'm not going to do this when I'm doing 80mph on the highway. Whereas, there must be some sort of compander (compressor/expander) built in to Soundrec which adjusts for too close or too far from the mic to give it the consistent sound quality. I'd like to see it your way for the flexibility Audacity offers, but when it comes to one-handed navigation, utter simplicity, one-touch recording for a big fat thumb, and consistent audio quality, I still think the underdog here wins. After installing 5 of these apps back to back, thats my unbiased opinion from one anesthesiologist to another.
    Last edited by reanime; 05/08/2005 at 09:32 PM.
    Thanks for the tip Gasguru!. I just uploaded it. Seems to work well. It records both sides of a conversation, no beeps, and can be accessed while talking to the other person without flaw. I'm loving it.
    Reanime: I just tried the latest version of SoundRec. I think the reason you think the audio quality is so good is the record settings must be PCM 22 or better. That gives good quality, but hugh files. In fact I could only record for less than a minute before I ran out of memory. Also the program seemed buggy and there was no support for the navigation pad, at least on my 600.
    There lies its downfall. Thanks Fred for educating me on the tradeoff of sound quality and being an outright memory-hog. Kinda what GasGuru was trying to tell me, but I didn't listen. Didn't even think about that!, but never racked up enough soundbytes to run out of memory and realize it. Well, soundrec still has the best quality, but no whistles and bells (no compression and not updated for using the nav pad...haven't experienced overt bugs just yet). Don't know why Infinityball doesn't get their act together and smarten up the app with a few features. Its not a perfect world, though,....that is, .... it wasn't until I read GasGuru's recommended settings for the soundapp, AUDACITY. I changed the compression, like he said, to 24 kbps in AUDACITY's preferences and applied them. Unbelievable difference, GasGuru!!! Thanks! That was truly the ticket. Not only does it compress, but the audio quality is excellent for the amount of compression you're getting. And on top of that I love the ability to navigate with navpad and especially love the toggle button for internal or SD card destination before you start your recording. Brilliant app. Should have listened to your message closer the first time. I've reached voice memo nirvana and will shut up now You're right this beats em all, and an app definitely worth purchasing! Audacity is THE ONE!
    Last edited by reanime; 05/09/2005 at 07:24 PM.
    Thanks guys, really appreciate the voice memo. I am new Treo user and could not believe that my new 650 which had everything did not come with a pre-installed voice recorder
    I'm finding with Voice Memo (which I am using suddenly because SoundRec for some reason won't record direct to the card like it used to do fine on my 600) that when I try to hit the onscreen stop button it doesn't register for a few seconds and tries. Is this happening to others? I have it set to record direct to the card. Also, is there a way to get it to start at the screen where you just push the start recording button instead of that white screen with the little box with "new" in the bottom left? I hate wasting the extra time if I am trying to capture something quickly. Thanks!
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Is there any way to playback the Voice Memos to the earpiece and not the speakerphone?

Also, anyone found a solution to making it hotsync correctly?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    I'm finding with Voice Memo (which I am using suddenly because SoundRec for some reason won't record direct to the card like it used to do fine on my 600) that when I try to hit the onscreen stop button it doesn't register for a few seconds and tries. Is this happening to others? I have it set to record direct to the card. Also, is there a way to get it to start at the screen where you just push the start recording button instead of that white screen with the little box with "new" in the bottom left? I hate wasting the extra time if I am trying to capture something quickly. Thanks!
    I am seeing the same problems. Frankly, although it is free, I'm finding VoiceMemo problematic:

I was recording a conversation today and my Treo reset, erasing the entire conversation

System Error log shows:

Emul68KMain.c, Line:438, line 1010 exception at address 7312FD60.

The only things that have changed on my Treo are:

1) The installation of VolumeCare (essential for the Treo!)
    2) The GSM firmware upgrade in June

Has anyone else seen this instability in VoiceMemo?
    I use SoundRec with no problems recording to or retreiving from SD card.
    I also use Sketch instead of notepad.....basically a colour version of notepad.

Am still looking for a simple money prog like Expense though (not sure why Palm included these with Tungsten, but removed them from treo).

Any ideas for a surrogate for Expense that's easy to use?
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer74
    I use SoundRec with no problems recording to or retreiving from SD card.
    I also use Sketch instead of notepad.....basically a colour version of notepad.

Am still looking for a simple money prog like Expense though (not sure why Palm included these with Tungsten, but removed them from treo).

Any ideas for a surrogate for Expense that's easy to use?
    I found the expense files somewhere on this site. They work fine except for syncing.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    mVoice works great on my T650... no crashes whatsoever. One-touch recording, great quality. I'm happy with mVoice.
    Ditto.... another vote for mVoice!

... well I puchased mVoice 3.0 a couple of weeks ago after being impressed during a couple days of trial, recording phone conversations etc. Then I upgraded to v3.5 and it crashed everytime I synced from my SD card when there was no recording on the card. I emailed MotionApps and they responded within hours with an updated conduit. The next day they released V3.5.1 and it's been working like a charm ever since... (about a week)
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast