Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The app works for me, just no 5-way support, no instant record and it jacks with the System Sounds and changes the setting, most of the time the setting still says "1" , but it seems louder, and when I select "1" again, t seems a tad softer (the beeps from the system sounds like when you select soething with the 5way. Can anyone conferm thsi?
    TIA, Matt
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    I'm using mVoice 1.5 and it works fine too -- hold down a button and it records directly to the SD card.

SoundRec didn't allow me to record to the SD card, said the "card is locked."
    At least one more missing traditional app on the Treo 650: Expense. Yes, it was always fairly weak, but any chance of getting that?
    This is probably a very hopeful but naive question -- but is there any
    way to use the recorded memos -- from ANY application, as a matter of
    fact -- as a ringer sound? The 650 can play mp3s but can only use MIDI
    files as ringers? Is this true?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    The built in sound app lets you record voice snippets and use/assign them as ringtones already!

There is also a (free) nokia app that lets you convert mp3 files to the "AMR" voice ringtone format. And on Mac OS X, all you need to do (with QuickTime 6.4 Pro) is export the file to AMR (however the extension is .3gp)

More info here:

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,case=obj(19349)
    Last edited by Fofer; 12/24/2004 at 02:33 PM.
    Is there a way to record a telephone conversation?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-maniac
    Is there a way to record a telephone conversation?
    Audacity says so:
    http://www.audiost.com/treo600.htm
    You could use a headset (or speakerphone) supposedly. And Audacity provides tight audio compression, and desktop syncability back to a PC.
    Does notepad work on the 650? if so, can someone post it?

Thanks,

nasbido
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nasbido
    Does notepad work on the 650? if so, can someone post it?
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=65263

so far works fine for me on the 650, but I am not successful in syncing my doodlings back to the desktop (Mac in my case.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    I'm using mVoice 1.5 and it works fine too -- hold down a button and it records directly to the SD card.

SoundRec didn't allow me to record to the SD card, said the "card is locked."
    I tried out mvoice on my 650, and it totally sucks IMHO.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    I tried out mvoice on my 650, and it totally sucks IMHO.
    what didn't you like about it? I tried SoundRec, Voice Recorder, Audacity, ToySoft PAR, and mVoice and liked mVoice best.
    Do you have to start a new thread in order to include a poll, or can you add one into a pre-existing thread?? Just curious, because I'd rather get a general idea of what voice recorder is being used more. I realize that's what this thread is for, but numbers just give me this warm fuzzy feeling inside me. Ta ta for now.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    try using ZL or FileZ and copy it to the SD card
    Why copy it to the SD card?

Does it not work in memory?

If I put them in main memory and then PowerRun them they would show in the list of applications. If they are just sitting is the SD card they are alone. No?
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    The app works for me, just no 5-way support, no instant record and it jacks with the System Sounds and changes the setting, most of the time the setting still says "1" , but it seems louder, and when I select "1" again, t seems a tad softer (the beeps from the system sounds like when you select soething with the 5way. Can anyone conferm thsi?
    TIA, Matt
    I had a similar problem. Kept jacking the notification volume for BC way up. Deleted it, problem went away. Now using SoundRec, which (except for the card problem) does what I need for now. I like mVoice, but its not $25 better then SoundRec
    what am i missing. I downlaoded and emailed myself the prc to snapper. it says it installs it but i can't find the app anywhere...
    bump
    You must load both of these PRC files. It works for me. It doesnt play the other person talking very loud but your voice is good. It is kinda staticy and crackly but its free and does the job.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    PAR PRO 2.3 has been released.

- Added compression for Treo650 and Tungsten. You can get up to 50%
    more recording with compression.

- Added side button for one button recording T650

- Fixed the alarm bug when playing ram voice memos

www.toysoft.ca/par.html
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    I upgraded to PAR PRO 2.3 but had problems when recording a second voice memo. After recording the second one, my 650 will freeze up when attempting to exit the App. Anyone else having this problem?

I contacted the developer, hope he can fix it. Having that one-button record capability is really nice.

So, I am back to using the standard version of PAR for now.
    Hi, I loaded both of the posted files and it worked, I can record and all, but when I do a hot sync, (using OSX, Missing Sync for palm), missing sync gets caught on the voice memo conduit.. and I have to force quit. Any ideas?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast