1.    #1  
    I've always used a cell phone and palm but have not had the two together. After finding this site and reading all the posts, I felt that it was high time I moved into this brave enw world. And it all happened around the time of the roadshows, lucky for me! So off I go to learn all there is to learn about the Treo family. And the coupon was a kicker! My only problem was that now I was hot to have a go at a treo. What was stopping me, you might ask? Well, Verizon is my carrier. SO there goes my hope for a 650 with no light in sight since we don't know when they may offer it. Well, Not that I am making this story very short, but I decided to order the 600 and give it a try. Hey, I can get it at a discount, have it work right away and look forward to the day when I can get a 650. I thought that I would get the Treo 600 right away but there has been a bit of a lag time. i am happy to say that Jefff has just emailed my tracking number for my delivery. I did have to email him a few times, but this poor guy must be solely in charge of this whole promotion.
    Here's a copy of what I got......

Dear XXXXXXXX:

On behalf of palmOne, we thank you for your Treo demo order.

Your UPS tracking number is XXXXXXXXX and we anticipate arrival of your order at your office on or before December 6, 2004. We hope you and your business benefit from this great Treo product from palmOne.

Best regards,
    Jeff Marinangel
    Vienna Channels - Evalexpress
    palmOne Demo Program
    817-308-8188

what was ur VC order number?

Quote Originally Posted by amg123
    I decided to order the 600 and give it a try.
    So what is the big deal? You ordered a Treo 600!!! and that is what will ship. Not the Treo 650!
  4.    #4  
    I was at the NYC roadshow in November. My number was 957. Remember, tho, that I got a 600 not a 650.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by curlykraut
    So what is the big deal? You ordered a Treo 600!!! and that is what will ship. Not the Treo 650!
    The "big deal" is that Vienna Channels has come thru and delivered what was promised in a timely manner. It seems that they are getting trashed in posts for not sending out the product (which they obviously don't have in stock). Perhaps my example will show that they are sincere and will ship the 650's when they are able to. Just trying to pass along a bit of info.
    amg123, thanks for your post. I don't think people so much question their ability to deliver the product, but rather not keeping everyone up to date on the status of their orders. From what I've read, it seems the debate is whether VC has knowledge of shipping time frames and is just not telling anyone. I, for one, think they are just as much in the dark about the 650 as the rest of us are. Just my two cents.
    amg,
    I just received a similar response from Jeff at VC regarding my Treo 650 order
    . I am fired up! VC has come through just as promised.
    Dallas roadshow Nov. 4 delivery about 4 weeks later JUST AS THEY ORIGINALLY INDICATED!
    Most Sprint stores are just now getting their shipments. Those of us Roadshow attendees are not only getting the 650's brfore they become commonplace AND we got a hell of a discount!
    All I can say is THANK YOU Jeff and ViennaChannels!
    Quote Originally Posted by amg123
    My only problem was that now I was hot to have a go at a treo. What was stopping me, you might ask? Well, Verizon is my carrier. SO there goes my hope for a 650 with no light in sight since we don't know when they may offer it.

You should have just ordered the 650 and converted it to Verizon yourself!

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...hlight=verizon

Also fyi, there's lots of rumors that Verizon will start carrying the 650 after the Sprint exclusivity period ends anyway...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Who will receive the first 650 from VC...

tick tock