1.    #1  
    I purchased the T650 and selected a Sprint plan from the online store. Received the package today, but no instructions for moving my current Verizon number to Sprint. Called to activate the phone, but operator in India says I need to purchase a plan (thought I did when I originally ordered on the Palm site).

I'm confused at this point Did the plan selection on Palm's site not interface to Sprint's account info? Does anybody know how to go about this?

Thanks
    The easiest way is to go to a Sprint store. They can do everything for you in a few minutes. You can also just call the Sprint people back, and tell them you have a Verizon number and would like to switch to Sprint. They will ask you for a new plan. Palm probably never sent them the plan details. This may be a good thing for you, because while you're on the phone with them ask them about any special offers for transferring your number to Sprint. Sometime you can haggle for a 5% discount or a deal if you agree to sign a 1 or 2-year contract. They are actually giving away Rebates worth up to $150 with a 2-year contract: http://www.inphonic.com/zipentry.asp...Sprint+PCS&rp=
    Just sign up now with a new phone # and see if you like the phone and service (you have 14 days to test sprint and 30 for palm).

To xfer your old # you need to pay the old cell co in full, close the account (or ask them to assign a new #) and then direct them to release the old number to sprint.
    Then you have sprint swap your old phone number to the new phone.

The store may not help since you bought from Palm.
    Dont tell verizon anything, when you go to sprint, you will have them handle the transfer request. whatever you do dont close your verizon account, or you can potentially lose your number. Sprint will take care of the transfer for you, and you will have a new sprint number for a week or so until the transfer is complete. just call them to activate, choose a plan, and then tell them you are also transfering anumber, you will need a cpy of your current verizon bill.

Is that right that Sprint can transfer the # from Verizon w/o you calling Verizon to ask them to release it?
    this is not what I was told when I signed up with Sprint Palm 650.
    it made sense to me, otherwise anyone could hijack any number.
    you have to give sprint your verizon account number, and a bunch of other stuff from your verizon bill, which has to match exactly what verizon has on file. it then goes to a clearing house, that checks it, and then the transfer is done. dont have verizon do anything, just call sprint and have them transfer the number.

7.    #7  
    Thanks for the tips, I am going to try to do this on-line as the Indian accents are pretty rough when trying to activate the phone.