Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I have been using my treo for a week now. THe questions I have is with Versamail.

I am pulling down my email from work using POP3, however I am leaving them on the server so when I get to my laptop, I pull them down there. However, when I delete the message, I get the questions do I want to delete from server? What does that mean, actually remove it from the pop3 server so I can't get it on my laptop?

Also when I delete the message and empty the trash, becaurse like all of us there are memory issues, when I go to get the mail again, all the previous messages that I already read and deleted come back down.

How do I stop this.

I never had this problem with the 600.
    HELP!!!
    VersaMail sucks!!! I'm getting fed up with it.

The prompt that ask you whether you want to delete that message from the server can be taken off from the Preferences -> Deletion -> uncheck the box for Confirm.

I have the same problems with messages deleted from the Treo and showing up again. Apparently, when you say get Unread Messages, it does not work. It still downloads all the messages on the server.

Several other problems that I see. When you do a "Select All" and Delete, there's some weird stuff that goes on. It deletes the first few, but not all. If you choose delete again, then it deletes some more. It never deletes all, until you have 1 message left.

Another problem I have is deleting mail on the default account. It will soft reset my Treo! This sucks....I can't delete the mail from my account, unless I reinstall VersaMail! This is insane.

I can't believe PalmOne is trying to sell VersaMail for the Treo 600. Anyone with the 600, stick with Mail or buy SnapperMail instead. VersaMail is the worst!
    Quote Originally Posted by ccap
    I have been using my treo for a week now. THe questions I have is with Versamail.

I am pulling down my email from work using POP3, however I am leaving them on the server so when I get to my laptop, I pull them down there. However, when I delete the message, I get the questions do I want to delete from server? What does that mean, actually remove it from the pop3 server so I can't get it on my laptop?

Also when I delete the message and empty the trash, becaurse like all of us there are memory issues, when I go to get the mail again, all the previous messages that I already read and deleted come back down.

How do I stop this.

HELP!!!
    You pretty much answered your first question. YES, if you choose to delete off server, it is gone gone and will not be there when you use your laptop.

I have not experienced this problem with repeatedly getting old mail, etc. It has worked fine for me.

Eric
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofspades
    VersaMail sucks!!! I'm getting fed up with it.

The prompt that ask you whether you want to delete that message from the server can be taken off from the Preferences -> Deletion -> uncheck the box for Confirm.

I have the same problems with messages deleted from the Treo and showing up again. Apparently, when you say get Unread Messages, it does not work. It still downloads all the messages on the server.

Several other problems that I see. When you do a "Select All" and Delete, there's some weird stuff that goes on. It deletes the first few, but not all. If you choose delete again, then it deletes some more. It never deletes all, until you have 1 message left.

Another problem I have is deleting mail on the default account. It will soft reset my Treo! This sucks....I can't delete the mail from my account, unless I reinstall VersaMail! This is insane.

I can't believe PalmOne is trying to sell VersaMail for the Treo 600. Anyone with the 600, stick with Mail or buy SnapperMail instead. VersaMail is the worst!
    I really can't believe that Palm One would send out a program with problems that are this major!! I sure hope there is a fix. I don't want to layout anymore cash for an email program.
    I really can't believe that Palm One would send out a program with problems that are this major!! I sure hope there is a fix. I don't want to layout anymore cash for an email program.
    It seems there are a lot of conflicts out there with this Versamail. I wonder if it has to do with any other apps? Mine has been working fine but I just dont find Versamail all that user friendly, too many clicks to make stuff happen by comparison to Snapper. If Snapper comes out with SSL capability, I would dump Versa in a heartbeat.

Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    You pretty much answered your first question. YES, if you choose to delete off server, it is gone gone and will not be there when you use your laptop.

I have not experienced this problem with repeatedly getting old mail, etc. It has worked fine for me.

Eric
    Actually, I'm sure it's intended to work that way, but I haven't been able to get it to actually delete off the server.

I have the same exact setup as ccap. I pull down email on my Treo and then pull it down on my laptop at work or home.

I have the "Delete mail on the server after deleting from VersaMail" option checked under Preferences --> Advanced --> Server.

Let's say I pull my email down on my Treo and decide to delete all the spam so that it doesn't download to my laptop. I open up one of the spam messages and hit 'Delete'. VersaMail asks me, "Delete message(s) from the device?" and shows a pre-checked "Also delete message(s) on server." I hit 'OK' and it deletes the email from my Treo.

Then I hit the 'Get' button again to give VersaMail an opportunity to communicate my "delete message(s) on server" command back to the server. When I log in to my email account on the laptop, the deleted email downloads as if I'd never viewed it on my Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by 0din
    Actually, I'm sure it's intended to work that way, but I haven't been able to get it to actually delete off the server.

I have the same exact setup as ccap. I pull down email on my Treo and then pull it down on my laptop at work or home.

I have the "Delete mail on the server after deleting from VersaMail" option checked under Preferences --> Advanced --> Server.

Let's say I pull my email down on my Treo and decide to delete all the spam so that it doesn't download to my laptop. I open up one of the spam messages and hit 'Delete'. VersaMail asks me, "Delete message(s) from the device?" and shows a pre-checked "Also delete message(s) on server." I hit 'OK' and it deletes the email from my Treo.

Then I hit the 'Get' button again to give VersaMail an opportunity to communicate my "delete message(s) on server" command back to the server. When I log in to my email account on the laptop, the deleted email downloads as if I'd never viewed it on my Treo.
    A couple days ago, I tried to do some individual "delete off server" tries and it worked but after seeing the delay, I sort of bagged it. It is must easier and less hassle to just delete when I finally go to inbox on PC. It did work though and actually gave a little progress bar with a percentage as it was deleting them off server.

Eric
    Deleting off the server and the get new messages problem also might be your providor problem. I use Yahoo POP and it works exactly as intended. It deletes when it says so and only downloads new headers.

TS
    I am pulling down my email from work using POP3, however I am leaving them on the server so when I get to my laptop, I pull them down there.

How do I stop this.
    Mine was working fine with my Yahoo account then all of a sudden it stopped deleting from the server and I was getting the same mail over and over. I ended up deleting the Yahoo account from my 650 and recreating it. It now seems to be working fine again.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Thanks for the idea. I will try that

How do I stop this.

HELP!!!
    Did you ever get it to stop downloading after you empty your trash? I have the exact same problem and it is driving me crazy. My T600 never had this problem.
    I finally got it to work. It turns out that you have to Empty Trash (Menu + E) after deleting the message from your Treo. Only when you Empty Trash does Versamail communicate with your mail server and tell it to delete the message.
    My experience so far (only a few days of use) has been deleting off the server will not work until you empty your trash. I'm just making it a habit to empty trash after every use.
    Out of curiosity when you guys are getting mail do you first get the message that says something like "updating sync activity"? I think that is when Versamail 'tells' the server to delete the messages.

FWIW on my (completely clean, from scratch install) 650 I don't seem to have the problem where it re-downloads messages I've already downloaded and deleted. Though Entourage does this now and then...

TM
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonymoody
    FWIW on my (completely clean, from scratch install) 650 I don't seem to have the problem where it re-downloads messages I've already downloaded and deleted. Though Entourage does this now and then...

TM
    Yeah, the Treo 650 version of Versamail has an "Auto-Empty Mail from Trash" option that you can set to Immediately. If you have this checked then it will always remove the emails from your mailserver.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    One thing I did notice, if you empty the trash and then manually tell the mail to get your mail, it will download all the previous messages you just received. However if you let it check for messages automatically, if will only grab the new messages. Strange
    Hi anthonymoody

When I get my mail "Sync Palm changes" is displayed. My T650 will not delete my messages from the server. In summary I hate Versamail. Does anyone know how to install the mail program from the T600?
    Many thanks for the great advise about emptying trash immediately to remove deleted messages from my Server and VersaMail. It works perfectly now.
    I have auto empty trash enabled and I still get the re-downloading of old deleted messages...very frustrating. It doesn't happen when treo checks for mail on its own, but when you press "get" it does. This just starting happening yesterday. Bah!
    Quote Originally Posted by nycboybj
    Many thanks for the great advise about emptying trash immediately to remove deleted messages from my Server and VersaMail. It works perfectly now.
    This does not work for me. I've tried empty trash automatically, Emptry trash after a few days, all of them and it just keeps pulling the mail again. It was pulling 150 emails but one of the "jumps through the hoops" caused 144 or so to delete. Now the same 7 emails keep coming back no matter what.

I mentioned it on other threads (1 | 2) because the search did uncover this one.

This thread explains it exactly. It is not VersaMail , it is VersaMail on the Treo 650. I have used VersaMail since it came out and have never had this on my other devices.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com