Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Just installed Zlauncher and some themes now phone continues to try to reboot over and over. Any ideas?

    Eric
  2. #2  
    As for why its doing it, I don't know. However you should be able to do a "warm" reset and then delete it.

    To warm reset:

    Its like a hard reset only instead of using the power button you hold the "UP" button on the 5way and then release it after you see the palm logo (circle) for a about 2 seconds.

    That sucks it causing probs.

    I ended up sticking with Powerrun. Its a lot cleaner if all you need it for is running SD apps.
  3.    #3  
    What is Powerrun? Can you provide info on that?
    I was not aware of a warm reset...I guess that would have saved me losing everything. Is a warm reset sort of like windows safe mode?
    It is currently hot synching, hopefully loaded everything back on. I think I was able to find the most recent ZL related files and deleted them. As I type it came up ok and all settings appear back to normal. I think I accidently selected some themes for OS4.
    Appreciate your help and info on this Powerrun thing.

    Eric
  4. #4  
    Yes SOMETIMES a warm reset will allow a safe boot so you can remove problems without erasing all data.

    Powerrun will launch your apps and Databases from SD. It will also allow your apps with a hotsync conduit to be updated while they reside on the card. That is all powerrun does, however it does it extremly well. It also has a smaller footprint than Zlauncher.

    By contrast Zlauncher is much more than an app launcher it includes a comprehensive file manager simillar to Filez. It takes over your interface with the use of a theme. Its kinda like adding a windows 3.1 shell to DOS.

    Zlauncher seemed to make my 650 less responsive. And I didn't need the fancy stuff.
    When I switched to Powerrun my unit seemes to run faster and less buggy than with Z.

    Also Powerrun is a little cheaper. click here http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...0&prodid=15870

    Good Luck
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    I was not aware of a warm reset...I guess that would have saved me losing everything. Is a warm reset sort of like windows safe mode?
    Eric
    The warm reset is exactly like Windows safe mode. The system boots up with only the necessary factory software, allowing you to delete the 3rd party app that caused the problem.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Yes SOMETIMES a warm reset will allow a safe boot so you can remove problems without erasing all data.

    Powerrun will launch your apps and Databases from SD. It will also allow your apps with a hotsync conduit to be updated while they reside on the card. That is all powerrun does, however it does it extremly well. It also has a smaller footprint than Zlauncher.

    By contrast Zlauncher is much more than an app launcher it includes a comprehensive file manager simillar to Filez. It takes over your interface with the use of a theme. Its kinda like adding a windows 3.1 shell to DOS.

    Zlauncher seemed to make my 650 less responsive. And I didn't need the fancy stuff.
    When I switched to Powerrun my unit seemes to run faster and less buggy than with Z.

    Also Powerrun is a little cheaper. click here http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...0&prodid=15870

    Good Luck
    Hello, I went and got this file but it has an odd file name "powerrun13.pgz". Doesn't look like the normal prc files and it wont load. Any help?

    Also, as for Zlauncher. Is/was it normal to have to keep launching the thing? Anytime I select and open a program, then go back to "home", the cool look has gone back to normal unless I relaunch ZLauncher.

    Thanks,
    Thanks,
    Eric
  7. delao13's Avatar
    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    #7  
    I had same problem. It was caused by Ultrasoft Money. If you have this program, it is the culprit. Can fix by downloading version 4.2 which was released today.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    Hello, I went and got this file but it has an odd file name "powerrun13.pgz". Doesn't look like the normal prc files and it wont load. Any help?

    Also, as for Zlauncher. Is/was it normal to have to keep launching the thing? Anytime I select and open a program, then go back to "home", the cool look has gone back to normal unless I relaunch ZLauncher.

    Thanks,
    Thanks,
    Eric
    It looks like someone answered the relaunching Z question. I don't know why you got a weird file for Powerrun. I have attached the demo here. Its free to try for 30 days.

    Good luck
    Attached Files Attached Files
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    It looks like someone answered the relaunching Z question. I don't know why you got a weird file for Powerrun. I have attached the demo here. Its free to try for 30 days.

    Good luck
    When I downloaded it a second time, it was a zip and worked fine. Not sure why the first one was weird. Anyway, I got it...it works. Nothing spectacular by still assessing it and ZLauncher.

    Eric
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13
    I had same problem. It was caused by Ultrasoft Money. If you have this program, it is the culprit. Can fix by downloading version 4.2 which was released today.
    I only have Splash Money but not Ultrasoft Money. ANy other ideas?

    Thanks,
    Eric
  11. delao13's Avatar
    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    #11  
    You're going to hate this, but it is the only way to figure out the conflicyt. Erase all data by doing hard reset. Install each program, one at a time, and do a soft reset after installing each one. When the reboot cycle starts, you will know the culprit. This is what I had to do to narrow it down to Ultrasoft Money. Good luck.
  12.    #12  
    Yes, been down that road before. I guess the other option is to delete them one by one. Appreciate the help.

    Eric

Posting Permissions