Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    after readin many threads i installed butler to my treo 650
    controlling the lcd light was great but the alarm will not work when phone screen is of is that normal the time stans still
    Do you have the keyguard enabled? If so , you may have to disable it and use the alternate keyguard that Butler offers.
  3.    #3  
    ive tried that and the alarm still will not work when phone screen is off, any other ideas would be welcome. thx
    Are you running it from RAM or from the sdcard? I've found that the alarm only works from RAM.

ALSO

If you leave the 650 on the Phone screen, it won't work. You have to be in the apps screen (such as All or Main) for the alarms to work.
  5.    #5  
    i wiil give that a try thx
    How do you disable the alternate keyguard butler offers? Is it the center button on the 5 Way? I enabled this once and it didn't work.
    bump. I need to know this as well. I just turned on the alternate keyguard in version 2.35 and I can't get back into my 650.
    I'm new to the Treo side of "The Force" so I'm still learning my way around it and its capabilities. I figured out the alarm thing last week when my old phone (SE T608) alarm went off to wake me up for work instead of the Treo. I realized then that I had left it in the phone application. The next day, I set it in one of the other categories (ZLauncher user for a LONG time here) and everything has worked great ever since.

IMO, without reading through some detailed docs (which I have yet to locate and read) I've found that Butler, while well worth the price for the multiple alarm function alone, is mainly for seasoned users that understand the full functionality of the Treo. I'm afraid to use some of the settings because I haven't quited figured them out yet.
  9.    #9  
    thx for that info however i still cant get the alarm to work ive tried everything posted.
    also found another bug when i set butler to change my lcd to orange and i get a call my treo shuts off and re boots????????????????????????? any ideas
    I gave up on Butler and Callfilter as they were causing too many reboot conditions plus not all functionality works on the T650. Need to wait for the creators to come out with a T650 tested version
  11.    #11  
    i think your right
    thx
    It's weird. I've had very few issues with my 650. A couple of programs have given me some trouble, by by and large, I'm happy. I don't see most of the problems others are having. Weird...
    Hopefully this is not a repost.

Butler has been updated to version 2.4 and seems to have addressed most, if not all, of the Treo 650 issues.
    Does Butler launch favorites from any program? I'm only able to get it to work in the Phone program so far.
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 12/05/2004 at 08:58 AM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Yes, it does for me...remember to enable it from the K launch screen in Butler (I forgot to do that when I first started) and set up your shortcut keys from the phone screen. Hope it works for you.
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    Thanks Dmax,

I checked and it is Enabled. Here is what I'm trying to do:

Say I'm at the Main menu and I want to call my husband and I have labeled his favorite Quickkey at "A", shouldn't I be able to launch it from the Main menu holding down the "A" button?

He advised me to check to make sure I was using the new updated version. I thought I was but must have downloaded an old version. Problem solved. (P.S. The new 2.4 Version of Butler shows a "Butler" icon on your menu screen)
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 12/05/2004 at 12:19 PM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Hi - for documentation, just look for the html documentation in the zip you downloaded, or go to my site
    http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/Documentation.htm

mostly it just copies the documentation that is in the application and available by tapping on the i icons in the top right of the screens.

for alarms with screen off, only the alarms labeled midi in the define alert page will play with the screen off.

for comments on the 650 resets - see this thread (post 29)
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d=1#post508011

enjoy!
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    for alarms with screen off, only the alarms labeled midi in the define alert page will play with the screen off.
    Doesn't the screen stay off with mp3s as well? When I woke up this morning to an MP3 I noticed a flashing light on the ceiling, which was my LED. There was no glare from the screen to block it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Does Butler launch favorites from any program? I'm only able to get it to work in the Phone program so far.
    yes - enable keylaunch, then press and hold...
    Hobbyist Software
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Doesn't the screen stay off with mp3s as well? When I woke up this morning to an MP3 I noticed a flashing light on the ceiling, which was my LED. There was no glare from the screen to block it out.
    pocket tunes (at least) turns the screen on when you play something. So I don't play mp3s if you select 'leave screen off'
    Hobbyist Software
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast