Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone else had problems with Sprint BC continually registering itself as the default mail app and taking over the mail hard button? I feel like 5 times a day I have to open prefs and set the default app and hard button back to snapper. Is there a solution other than tossing BC?
    I'm having the same problem with BC and Snapper/Versamail. I haven't found a permanent solution yet either, so if someone comes up with something, I'd be interested as well.

I can get to my mail when I'm in BC, so why does it have to hijack my mail hard button? It wouldn't be so bad except that I've already got my alt-mail hard button mapped to SMS and I don't feel like mapping that to Snapper instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by zepelinkid
    Has anyone else had problems with Sprint BC continually registering itself as the default mail app and taking over the mail hard button?
    YES! And it drives me absolutely CRAZY. I finally gave up and let BC have the settings. I would be interested in a solution as well....

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    I've had the same thing happening, AND I'm finding that BC keeps soft resetting my 650 whenever it tries to sync. Has anybody else seen that yet?
    Has anyone else had problems with Sprint BC continually registering itself as the default mail app and taking over the mail hard button? I feel like 5 times a day I have to open prefs and set the default app and hard button back to snapper. Is there a solution other than tossing BC?
    Yes, I have been experiencing the same thing. It is getting quite annoying. Hopefully there will be some kind of fix for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by pizenson
    I've had the same thing happening, AND I'm finding that BC keeps soft resetting my 650 whenever it tries to sync. Has anybody else seen that yet?
    Now that problem I haven't run across yet. That would be the only thing BC could do that would be more annoying than hijacking my mail hard button.

I've had lots of other apps soft reset my 650, but not BC.

I love BC though, I guess I'll overlook her faults for now.
    What is BC?
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    What is BC?
    Sprint PCS Business Connection. It allows you realtime access to your work email and calendar, as well as wireless access to a folder of your choice on your client PC.

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/ue...nessConnection
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pizenson

For soft resets on BC, try turning off your alert of new email settings and then sync. If all goes well, you can turn them on again.

Also, try deleting (or moving to another folder) the email messages before and after the last one that shows up in BC in case something strange in a message is causing the crash.

I love BC, by the way.
    The only solution is killing BC. IMO, BC is next to useless, so I can't see that this is a big loss.
    Regards,

Robert
    Quote Originally Posted by rbienstock
    The only solution is killing BC. IMO, BC is next to useless, so I can't see that this is a big loss.
    Great input, thanks. That was exactly the kind of feedback that everyone in this thread, who obviously use BC, was looking for.
  13.    #13  
    Care to recommend a better way for me to get my business emails when I am on the road? Believe me, I wish to heavens that my company used goodlink as I am a firm believer in the suckiness of Sprint BC. I hate that you can't create new calendar items in it and sync them back to your outlook. I suppose I am stuck with the BC hostile takeover until we get the Blackberry support.
    To help revive this thread in case there is a solution, does anyone know how to keep Sprint Business Connection from hijacking the 650's hard buttons?
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Can't you just re-map the e-mail button, or is it not that simple?

Oops. would help if I read the start of the thread Sorry....
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    To help revive this thread in case there is a solution, does anyone know how to keep Sprint Business Connection from hijacking the 650's hard buttons?

Same thing happens on the 600!!! You have to learn to live with it as far as I know!

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by jasparks
    Can't you just re-map the e-mail button, or is it not that simple?

Oops. would help if I read the start of the thread Sorry....
    Yeah, if only it was that simple, but there's something in the Biz Conn software that overrides your hard button mappings, no matter how many times you remap it. It's very annoying since all Biz Conn fuctionality (mail, calendar, files) is available to you once you're in the application. There's no reason for it to remap both your Calendar and Mail buttons and not let go of them.
    On my 600 it never took over the calender button, is that part of the recent revamp?

That would be terrible...

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by robber
    On my 600 it never took over the calender button, is that part of the recent revamp?

That would be terrible...

-rob
    Yup, it's grabbing both the Calendar and Mail hard buttons. I'm less concerned with the Calendar button than with the Mail button. I'm trying to map Snappermail to the Mail hard button for my personal email account and Biz Conn keeps grabbing it.

I could just remap the alt-Mail button to Snapper but I have that mapped to SMS and I'd like to keep it that way.

All in all, the forced remapping just sucks.
    Care to recommend a better way for me to get my business emails when I am on the road?
    Yes. Use a POP3 client. FWIW, apart from sucking, BC won't work in many corporate environments, because most of them require you to turn your workstation off when you're not there.
    Regards,

Robert
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast