Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rbienstock
    Yes. Use a POP3 client. FWIW, apart from sucking, BC won't work in many corporate environments, because most of them require you to turn your workstation off when you're not there.
    Well, obviously for all of us who are looking for a solution, it does work in our corporate environment. You're now 2-for-2 in worthless suggestions in this thread, so why don't you troll someplace else? It's obvious that you don't like BC, but we're using it, so if you're not looking to help, then post elsewhere.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Yes. Use a POP3 client. FWIW, apart from sucking, BC won't work in many corporate environments, because most of them require you to turn your workstation off when you're not there.
    Sure...and POP mail is going to allow me to accept and decline Exchange meeting notices how? Of course, then there is the little issue of having the POP port blocked on the corporate firewalls. Interesting you'd find use a case where a company forces one to turn off a computer, but leaves POP ports open to an Exchange server.

Clearly, you do not understand the targeted users for BC.
    You can tell it to leave your calendar button alone (go into the app's calendar, and change the setting under preferences). The mail button you have to live with.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I use BC and do not have this problem...Of course, I do not hotsync to the PC that has BC running on it. I have a laptop that I use for my business work, and hotsyncing and an old desktop that runs BC that always runs back at the office!
    THe laptop has never had BC installed. Is the button remapping happen after a hotsync? If so, maybe you can disable this "feature" by configuringthe hotsync for BC in the htsync manager.
    The button remapping happens after a resest. Try soft resetting your phone and see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    You can tell it to leave your calendar button alone (go into the app's calendar, and change the setting under preferences). The mail button you have to live with.
    Yes, follow these steps:

1. Go into BC
    2. Press the Menu button, then choose Settings > Preferences
    3. At the top of the screen, choose Calendar from the list
    4. Uncheck "Assign device's calendar button to this application"

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    The button remapping happens after a resest. Try soft resetting your phone and see what happens.
    I have a Treo 650. Palmone was nice enough to include a daily soft reset in there at no extra charge!

No, resetting the phone doesn't help. There's something in the BC software on the Treo that forces your mail hard button to BC and doesn't let go.

I don't have the BC client software and my hotsync client running on the same machine either, so that's not it.

It's too bad that Sprint allows you to turn off the remapping for the Calendar button but not the mail button. They were smart enough to realize that the BC calendar might not be adequate for everyone, but why didn't they figure that you might want to have Versamail, Snappermail, or some other app mapped to the mail button? They just never thought that through.
    You misunderstood me. I was referring to the person who does not have this problem. It is on the reset that the button is remapped.
    You misunderstood me. I was referring to the person who does not have this problem. It is on the reset that the button is remapped.
    Oh, I dig. I do appreciate PalmOne's free inclusion of the daily soft reset though.
    Hey, you know they look out for their user's welbeing. Just like microsoft.
    This is a pretty common question that comes up fairly frequently. For better or worse Sprint burned this into the ROM this way and has done this for the last couple of years. They would like you to use their Mail Service (Business Connection) first since it is in their best interest $ monetarily $. The idea is upon getting your new phone you just need to click on one button (email) and the client can be downloaded and registered instantly. Of course everyone likes choices so this doesn't fly well with those wanting alternatives.

As for the Calendar button when you first use it then it will give you the choice to accept the button takeover. You can change this later through the settings -> Preference in the Calendar section.

Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Yup, it's grabbing both the Calendar and Mail hard buttons. I'm less concerned with the Calendar button than with the Mail button. I'm trying to map Snappermail to the Mail hard button for my personal email account and Biz Conn keeps grabbing it.

I could just remap the alt-Mail button to Snapper but I have that mapped to SMS and I'd like to keep it that way.

All in all, the forced remapping just sucks.
    Then it's time to move up to one of the other solution. BC has a Server Solution and an Enterprise Edition. That's when your IT department has to commit to having a solution. BCPE is meant for personal users and like other re-director solutions needs to establish a base of operations and that is your PC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12