1.    #1  
    I have noticed that my 650 will "turn on" by itself from time to time. When it does, it's always at the "Card" screen you'd normally get to by hitting home and selecting "Card" from the drop down list. Can anyone comment on this?

BTW, it only happens if I have the card in the slot (though I've never tried it with any other cards). It never happens if the slot is empty or the "fake card" is installed.
    Perhaps the card isn't "sitting" right in the unit? When you plug a card in, it goes to that screen - maybe it's "shorting" out of some type...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by SamCraig
    Perhaps the card isn't "sitting" right in the unit? When you plug a card in, it goes to that screen - maybe it's "shorting" out of some type...
    I'm pretty sure it's sitting right. Well...as far as I can tell anyway. Yes, when I put the card in, it goes to that screen. Then periodically, it will turn on and go to that screen. Often the treo is just sitting there and I hear the "alert". When I go over to it, sure enough, it's at the card screen.

Shorting out? Possible. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
  4.    #4  
    bump...still searching for answers here.
    I'm having the same exact problem. Was there ever any resolution to this issue?

Only seems to happen at night. It beeps, the memory card is displayed, and then after the three-minute auto-off, it turns off. Often, a few minutes later, it repeats.

Never happened with my Treo 600.
    It sounds like the card is randomly getting dismounted and then remounted by the Treo. Search for more info as there have been many reports of spontanous SD card dismount problems on the Treo 600 and infrequently on the 650 as well. Normally when you insert a SD card into a Treo, the SD autolaunch feature will try to run which may explain why the card info screen appears. If this annoys you, you may try LaunchThis to disable the autoLaunch feature. However, I do not know of a fix for the SD card dismount issue...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    It sounds like the card is randomly getting dismounted and then remounted by the Treo. Search for more info as there have been many reports of spontanous SD card dismount problems on the Treo 600 and infrequently on the 650 as well. Normally when you insert a SD card into a Treo, the SD autolaunch feature will try to run which may explain why the card info screen appears. If this annoys you, you may try LaunchThis to disable the autoLaunch feature. However, I do not know of a fix for the SD card dismount issue...
    CradleCare will automatically remount SD cards when the programatically get unmounted.

This problem however sounds like an application is triggering an alarm during the night and waking up the Treo. Have you run PalmInternals to see what alarms are registered on your Treo? This is a great way to see if you are having a Treo problem or an applciation problem.

Treo's also will wake up from time to time when they are in weak signal areas.

Jeff
    like gfunk said your card is getting randomly dismounted then the phone immediately sees it and remounts it, the card physically never moves but the phone thinks it it getting removed. When the phone remounts it, it will turn itself on and go to the card info screen. It also makes that alert noise as if you took the card out manually, then makes another one when it thinks you put the card back in.

My phone does it periodically and I have not found a fix for it yet. Other than getting your phone swapped out if its under warranty.
    I tried a different card last night and that seemed OK. So today, just to see what happens, I copied all the info off the card that seemed to be causing the problem, reformatted it in the 650 (I had used it prior in my Treo 600), copied all the data back and reinserted it in the 650. So far so good, I'll let you know if it turns itself on again.

Thanks for the quick replies.
    That took NO time at all :-). The old card malfunctioned nearly immediately, so I put the new card back in (the one that was fine last night). It's obviously something with that card (which worked fine in the 600), but I don't know what. Anyway, as long as the other card is working OK, I'll just stick with it.