1.    #1  
    Does anyone know what settings work GREAT when using Pocket DVD to view a movie on the Treo 650?

I am using version1.26 because the version 2 program does not seem to work correctly.

I will either send the avi it makes right into pics and videos OR convert to mp4 and sync with knioma (which shoukd make file smaller)

Please let me know what the BEST settings are for quality resoluitiion sound etc

thanks so much

Mike
  2. Daz
    Resolution:384x184
    Video:225 kbps,15 frames per sec,384x184
    Audio:24kbps, 22Khz.Mono

While playing on MMPlayer use 1X zoom

your video will be crystal clear
    I dont have a 384X184 option. version 1.2.6.1
    nevermind i found it
  5. Daz
    You can even go higher but it takes more memory.
    Isn't the max vertical rez on the 650 320 pixels? Is 384 overkill, or does the Treo do a good enough job reducing that it is worth the extra size?
  7. Daz
    Actually yes the larger size works very well. Just remember to use the zoom feature on your MMplayer.

464x224 Resolution ......my favorite

The file is larger but the quality is really nice. You can even go larger. Just try converting the movie in different res for 2 minutes, stop, transfer to your card and see which works for you!
    Global Posts
    1,192 Global Posts
    Ok I've been reading this thread and checking my settings... I am in the trial version of Pocket DVD, and want to just test it.. After I rip the dvd, I then can just drag it to my SD card and play it with MMplayer correct? When I play it, I get some error about bitrate.. I have it all set the way you guys have layed out here.. I don't understand.. help!
    Bek
    464 x 224 looks fantastic. Braveheart is about 260meg.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz

Pardon my ignorance, but isn't it the higher the fps, the more fluent the video stream? I mean, isn't SprintTV/Mobi TV like 15 fps? Isn't that horrible, and extremely choppy, or does the fps setting have a different effect in Pocket DVD?
    Becky,
    You can usually ignore the bitrate warnings from MMPlayer. I use the following settings with the Divx encoder.
    320x208
    Video 122 kps; 20 fps
    Audio 112 kps; 44 kHz stereo
    I have not tried these settings with version 3.0, but they worked just fine with 2.0.5.

Zane
    ok, bad first post ever, but can someone please tell me how to get the Pocket-DVD studio to 464 X 224? I've clicked every crop button, and went through ever drop-down menu where it has different resolutions. (do you need to register the program first?)

as payment for my first newbie-esque post, I have posted my ringer .wav from that Peyton Manning commercial saying "cut that meat! cut that meat!" ===>
    www.neverwinpoker.com/cutmeat.wav hit it w/the blazer!

BTW, I got my Treo 650 5 days ago and have read this board non-stop since then! Getting some movies on this giant 1gb card would be sweet.

-/\/\icon
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    Pardon my ignorance, but isn't it the higher the fps, the more fluent the video stream? I mean, isn't SprintTV/Mobi TV like 15 fps? Isn't that horrible, and extremely choppy, or does the fps setting have a different effect in Pocket DVD?
    Yes, this is true. I likethe highest fps setting which is 24 fps. However, since normal NTSC video is 30 fps, and 24 does not factor into 30, the lips don't quite match the sound. Like in the 3 stooges videos I've done, they hit and then a split second later you hear the sound. I believe the 15 fps setting will get the sound matching the motion, but you are right, the motion is less fluid. I wonder why they couldn't provide a 30 fps setting at lower res.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz

hi daz,sorry to bother you,I am new here and new with the treo 650. Im tring to get aprogram that would let me watch movies on the treo 650.OK my question is what is the best or ok program to use so i can watch movies? Oh when it comes to a memory card what size of memory card do i need to have to watch one movie? OK i hope this letter gets to you so i can find out what i need.Sorry the the bother but i dont know what else to do.Thanks alot Daz!!!!
    I've spent the last four hours trying to turn my Treo into a DVD player. I read threads, followed a meticulous discussion of Fair share which was totally out of date. I've converted the movies through fair share, and gotten TCMCP onto the card, but I can't transfer my launcher without Ptunes, and when I try to transfer the movies to my card the computer doesn't recognize it (yes I formatted it), the treo doesn't see them (although there's a BIG chunk of memory used, and TCMCP won't play anything. I am about to buy ZLauncher just to get a launcher over. Nowhere in this discussion do I see a clear description of step A, step B... And the problem is that 1)many of you have had treos for one or two years and worked on the kinks 2) many of you are computer geeks who get mad and snicker at 3) the group of us who are middling computer savvy, new to the Treo, excited about what it can do but can't figure out how to make that happen. Maybe instead of threads you should have levels - beginner, intermittent, advanced, so I don't go blind reading computer minutia in search of help.
    No one seems to have read my diatribe, but this is what I finally figured out - a simple thing that makes tcpmp fly. To make minidvd's: download fair use and pretty much follow the instructions - the format and questions are nothing like the previous version described in the the third or fourth thread, but that gives you a general idea. I chose to set my resolution at 400 rather than 200, for better visual. Also download tcmpm and hot sync it (or transfer it via card reader) to your "movie card". In addition, download zlauncher and hot sync "only" the launcher to your 650 (the rest gets kicked out). Now, put your DVD in the tray, and turn on fair use. Suggestions for storing in "movie" folder good idea. Let fair use do its thing, which takes an hoour or more per flick. Open up the fair use folder, and drag the movie.avi folder to your card (this is all much easier if you have, as I do, a built in reader). Now, when you put your card back in the treo and look to see what you have, you will see tcmpm and the launcher - and abricadabra, nothing else. But you know there's something else there - your card reader reads it, and there's all this missing memory. Whre or whre have my movies gone. This is the secretopen tcpmp from your card in your treo. Avoid what I tried doing (pressing keys, menu, etc), and lightly but firmly touch the TCMPM logo in the upper left - and voila, a menu drops down, and it says "open files", hit slot 2, and there are your movies!!! Pick one out, go back to the main screen, and bring your microscope along.