1.    #1  
    How do I get it to work???? I have gone to Treobits and clicked on the "Tune In" button for various stations. I get the dialogue asking me if I want to save to the card or PTunes. I have tried both. I have also tried selecting just saving and saving and opening. No matter what nothing happens. When I go into PTunes (it resides on the card) and open it, nothing is streaming, no radio station is in the playlist. Nadah.
    Any advice on what I am doing wrong? thanks.
    when you open Pocket Tunes... select the Choose Song function... in the upper right corner you will have the various folders where you have songs stored... (Palm, Memory Card, Shoutcast)...

select Shoutcast and you should be good to go >>>> your downloaded stations will come up...
    Are you using the deluxe version of Pocket Tunes? By what you described, the stream should have started. I have a Treo650 and Ptunes Deluxe wherein I tested the TreoBits shoutcast page and it seems to work fine.

If you have further trouble with shoutcast feeds at Treobits, let us know and we'll work with you to figure out the issue.

www.treobits.com
    Treo 600 friendly website with Ringtones, Shoutcast Feeds and more...
    grsmith...

is there a shoutcast feed for espn radio or fox sports radio... i can't find one. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottcj
    grsmith...

is there a shoutcast feed for espn radio or fox sports radio... i can't find one. thanks
    Our shoutcast page pulls available feeds directly from shoutcast and puts them into a mobile readable format. The content is based on what is available on shoutcast at the time, thus we don't control the content. Best answer I can give you is to conduct a search for the keywords such as "sports". I did a test search for "sports" which resulted in multiple feeds.

Hope this helps

www.treobits.com
  6.    #6  
    Thanks. But . . . I don't get a choose song drop down menu. I don't know if I have deluxe. I have the trial version 3.05. The website says the trial version is the same for deluxe and basic. So . . . ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighTreo
    Thanks. But . . . I don't get a choose song drop down menu. I don't know if I have deluxe. I have the trial version 3.05. The website says the trial version is the same for deluxe and basic. So . . . ?
    I can't speak directly for the PTunes developer and the limitations he put on his software, but I'm willing to bet the streaming problem is due to the unregistered version of PTunes deluxe.

The developer is very responsive to user needs and the software in my opinion is a must have. You can purchase it Here

www.treobits.com
    Deluxe is the only option for Shoutcast... it's not available in the demo/trial... it's worth the price though... for Shoutcast alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by grsmith
    Our shoutcast page pulls available feeds directly from shoutcast and puts them into a mobile readable format. The content is based on what is available on shoutcast at the time, thus we don't control the content. Best answer I can give you is to conduct a search for the keywords such as "sports". I did a test search for "sports" which resulted in multiple feeds.

Hope this helps
    did u do the search at treobits or at Shoutcast.com
  10.    #10  
    Why a "must have"? What if you have an iPod? What can PTunes do that makes it worth the extra $$$$?
    Thanks for the comments and advice.
    Why a "must have"? What if you have an iPod? What can PTunes do that makes it worth the extra $$$$?
    Let's see, the iPod

1. has no shoutcast support
    2. requires you to carry another device
    3. less audio file format support (Pocket Tunes supports mp3, wav, wma, and ogg)
    4. doesn't provide alternate ringtone capabilities to the Treo when combined with other software, like LightWav, mp3Ringer, TreoGuard, or Phone Technician.
    5. much more expensive than Pocket Tunes (if you don't have an iPod already of course).
    News/Sports/Music you haven't heard before, available via shoutcast.