Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was wondering if it's possible to rotate the screen 90 degrees with any software on the Treo 650. I want to be able to use the P1 wireless keyboard and put the Treo side ways. I know that it works with the Treo if u put it up right, but it's just so much more stable and fits much better sideways.
    (if anyone know of a way to do this with the treo600, please let me know)
    Since the screen is square, there is obviously no benefit in that respect but what do you mean that it is more stable? Don't those keyboards have a connector with a slot to set it in? If so, how could you position it sideways? Not sure I see your whole picture here.
    Eric
    The Palm Universal wireless keyboard does not use a connector - it's an IR connection only, so it just rests in a little tray on the back of the keyboard. I can see where laying on its side would be more stable.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    The Palm Universal wireless keyboard does not use a connector - it's an IR connection only, so it just rests in a little tray on the back of the keyboard. I can see where laying on its side would be more stable.
    I see what you are talking about now.

Thanks,
    Eric
    I think only blazer does this....
    I'm also interested in this. Just bought the P1 keyboard and agree with initiator of this thread...would be much more stable sideways. I used to be able to do this on the T300. Surely someone will come out with a 600/650 version... I hope!
    I use Tealdoc and it supports screen rotation in the software
    Palm Pro < Palm III < Palm IIIx < Palm IIIe < Palm VII < Handspring Visor < Sony PEG s320 < Kyocera 6035 < Samsung i300 < Palm TC < Sprint 650 < LifeDrive < Sprint Treo 700p < Sprint Treo 755p < Sprint Centro
    yes there is... I can't find it now but there was a freeware app that did this... check http://freewarepalm.com (their search sucks which is why I couldn't just provide a link)

but it is always good to know that something exists before you kill yourself looking.
    this is not an accident, this is art.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I too would love this for the wireless keyboard. Not only would it be more stable, but it would be easier to charge and listen to music while typing.

The only thing I found on Freewareplam was "FlipHack" which hasn't been updated in 4 years. I'm guessing based on the comments there that it won't work on the Treo.

Anyone know of anything that works on the Treo?
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    I assume You are talking about the Palm Wireless - not the Palm Universal Keyboard

After installing the drivers and connected the device - wouldn't Alt+Del rotate the screen on the Treo just as it does on the T|T3?
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Quote Originally Posted by XistBoi
    I think only blazer does this....
    how do you do this in blazer?
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    You are lucky the device does not crash just normal...go ahead and twist it sideways but don't cry when it hurts!
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    I assume You are talking about the Palm Wireless - not the Palm Universal Keyboard

After installing the drivers and connected the device - wouldn't Alt+Del rotate the screen on the Treo just as it does on the T|T3?
    Sorry. I guess the official name is "Palm Universal Wireless Keyboard"

Nope, the rotate key on the keyboard does nothing. I'm assuming that's because there's not a function on the Treo for the key to trigger.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by santa
    The only thing I found on Freewareplam was "FlipHack" which hasn't been updated in 4 years. I'm guessing based on the comments there that it won't work on the Treo.
    Well, I thought, what's the worst that could happen? A hard reset?

So I tried to install FlipHack. Doesn't work on OS 5.

I can't find anything to do the rotate.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mortusnox
    I use Tealdoc and it supports screen rotation in the software
    That's cool, but I'd like to be able to do email too. And Bonsai.
    I think a rotating screen would be useful on a plane. Holding a treo horizontally looks like a media player, not a phone.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I know this can be done, because I had a Palm Scripture Reader called iSilo and it lets me rotate the screen in the program to read my ebooks and scriptures in church.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluemeister
    I think a rotating screen would be useful on a plane. Holding a treo horizontally looks like a media player, not a phone.
    This would be a great plane solution with the keyboard. It would be pretty easy to hide the antenna when it's on its side.
    Any chance the T3 screen rotation files will work with the T650? I may get gutsy and try.
    i use palm reader (ereader.com) for sideways reading of bestsellers, etc., its great, the screen on the left, your right thumb occasionally pressing the space bar to go to the next page, I'd like it a lot to have sideways when i felt like--airplane viewing for a few hours is much better sideways than trying to make sure it doesnt topple, as youre half asleep...now that ive figured out how to have bit torrent movies on the 650, this thread makes me want it NOW...randy
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast