Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    Any chance the T3 screen rotation files will work with the T650? I may get gutsy and try.
    Please let us know if you try this.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kyorandy
    i use palm reader (ereader.com) for sideways reading of bestsellers, etc., its great, the screen on the left, your right thumb occasionally pressing the space bar to go to the next page, I'd like it a lot to have sideways when i felt like--airplane viewing for a few hours is much better sideways than trying to make sure it doesnt topple, as youre half asleep...now that ive figured out how to have bit torrent movies on the 650, this thread makes me want it NOW...randy
    Wow that's totally cool. I hadn't notice that you could do the rotate thing with ereader. Now if I could just get the other stuff to work that way!
    I installed the files that are for the T3 that come on the Palm Wireless Keyboard Setup CD and I am sorry to say they did not work.

So, we still need a solution to rotate the screen so we can have the T650 sitting on its side while in the keyboard cradle.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    I installed the files that are for the T3 that come on the Palm Wireless Keyboard Setup CD and I am sorry to say they did not work.

So, we still need a solution to rotate the screen so we can have the T650 sitting on its side while in the keyboard cradle.
    Bummer. Thanks for trying.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I just tried a cool sounding app: T3-rotate. Didn't work.

I emailed the author in hopes that he could help.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by santa
    I just tried a cool sounding app: T3-rotate. Didn't work.

I emailed the author in hopes that he could help.
    Got a response from the T3-rotate author:

Won't work on a Treo and will never work on a Treo. Only for T3/T5.

sniff.... sniff....
    FlipHack would probably need to be ported to a native YAHM hack.
    I just got my Palm Universal wireless keyboard today and the first thing I thought of was how nice it would be to rotate the screen. Reading this thread answers my question, guess there is no fix right now. Though having the egrips on my phone does seem to make it a lot more stable.

Hope some rotate application comes out soon!
    Rotating is not only a stability issue. Taht way you can plug into the power cable while typing. With the old Jornada PPC (okay, Stop Booing) you could plug the power supply into the folding keyboard, then plug the PPC into the keyboard - everything running off AC - SWEET.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Sent an email to Mobile Stream... they have a product called "Landscape" that's for doing landscape mode on Clies and Garmins. Asked them if it would work on the 600/650. Here's the response I got:

"It is likely that we will implement support for square-screen devices at some time in the future"

So maybe there's a little hope.
    Last edited by santa; 07/01/2005 at 10:59 AM.
    I hope they get it. But, since the 1.12 update, my keyboard acts posessed. So, I'm not in as a big rush as I was. I went as far as buying a new keyboard thinking that I may have left mine in the car too long and it got hot.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    There is a new driver (v1.08). I don't know if that would help you or not.
    There is a new driver (v1.08). I don't know if that would help you or not.
    I tried that.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I also tried the 1.08 keyboard driver... The keyboard works but acts funky, and accessing the keyboard program to change settings causes a soft reset every time.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Bummer. I guess there are some benefits to being stuck with an 'ol 600
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    I assume You are talking about the Palm Wireless - not the Palm Universal Keyboard
    Sorry. I guess the official name is "Palm Universal Wireless Keyboard"
    Jorang, I understand your confusion.

The first was the Palm Wireless Keyboard, the second is the Palm Universal Wireless Keyboard. I've included pics so you can see that they are different.

The IR on the PWK, when in the up position will stand to the right.
    The IR on the PUWK was not placed in the same spot as the previous model so it extends longer when left on its side, and when in the up position, it is on the left.

Not telling you to search, yet if any of you choose to do so, you'll find that the PWK talked about within these forums was about the first keyboard and not the universal one.

Palm Wireless Keyboard
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...py/pwk_o_c.jpg

Palm Universal Wireless Keyboard
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../puwk_open.jpg

Also, what cant be seen because I wasnt able to find a clear picture of it, is the closure on the back of both keyboards which acts as the stand.
    On the PWK, the lip (stand) faces out and on the PUWK the lip (stand) faces in.

When Palm releases new drivers for their keyboards, its confusing as to which keyboard the driver is for. It is my understanding that the drivers for the PUWK will not work for the PWK.

Hope I've cleared up the confusion.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    TCPMP will rotate my 650 screen. I wonder if picard (made tcpmp) could just make a stand alone utility to rotate the screen?
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    i am so glad i searched.. i want to use tcpmp on the plane..now i need to make some kind of brace to hold it at a good veiwing angle yet cover the antenna end so the STEWARDESS dont go nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    i am so glad i searched.. i want to use tcpmp on the plane..now i need to make some kind of brace to hold it at a good veiwing angle yet cover the antenna end so the STEWARDESS dont go nuts
    I have flown numerous times in the last couple of months with most airlines. I did not have any problems watching movies. I was the most concerned with Southwest. I had 8 flights in a 10 day period and did not have any problems with them. Maybe they finally got the message.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    flying SWA tomorrow..Im not impressed by their lack of tech savy folks
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast