1.    #1  
    I recently bought a Kingston Bluetooth dongle for my laptop (lord save me)..

I have sync working via bluetooth and the 650 and this is very nice.

I also have PdaNet working (vs. using Shadowmites DUN hack) via bluetooth.

I noted other service options on my laptop that the Kingston BT install disk setup.

THe one I'm interested in getting to work is the "Audio Gateway" service ... when I scan for compatible BT devices from my laptop my T650 will not appear..as I suppose there no such profile active in the BT driver set on the T650 (excuse my techno naming conventions)

Anyone know what it would take to get this to work or if this is even possible.

For those that don't know what the "Audio Gateway" is .. basically you could use your PC's speaker and microphone as a proxy to your phone... would work for both phone and sound file playing... many interesting uses there.

Thanks for any comments.

Alan
    The Palm OS will not let this happen. I have written them on 4 different occassions requesting this capability and asking why they are the only company that does not allow us to use this feature.

It's extremely ridiculous. I just don't understand their thinking.

It's not even about the Bluetooth version they are using. Manufacturers have been doing this for at least 5 years. Why can't Palm. It's not like its new territory.

akurk, your right it does have many uses, uses that I have been quite vocal about.

Palm is also the only company that doesn't allow proximity detection???

Again, a huge number of fascinating uses but we are totally denied.
    "THe one I'm interested in getting to work is the "Audio Gateway" service ... when I scan for compatible BT devices from my laptop my T650 will not appear..as I suppose there no such profile active in the BT driver set on the T650 (excuse my techno naming conventions)"

The reason for this is that the T650 (and all other BT phones) are Audio Gateways themselves. Audio gateways to not talk to other audio gateways. They talk to headsets and handsfree devices. That service you want to use requires a headset (like the Jabra), which then becomes the speaker and microphone for the PC.