Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Call me a late bloomer but I finally decided to try this app and WOW!

Everything across the board is faster. First setting I tried was 507MHz, and things like looking at photos, and just general system navigation is NOTICIBLY faster! Even to and from the phone app, and other apps as well. I may be crazy but the camera seems faster.

I was amazed at the difference with TCPMP- I have a digicam that takes MPEG videos, and they used to be choppy. Now they play great!

The next test is Garmin Mobile XT.

I may try another step up as well. Someone else hit the nail on the head with the "hence the word Scale" in the name of the processor.

Eventually I may try and customize only specific apps. I will probably also buy this and LinkStart (by the same developer) since they both make my life more enjoyable.
    Last edited by mikepikefl; 03/18/2007 at 07:30 PM. Reason: added details
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I'd like to know why this doesn't work on the 700p or why an app hasn't been written to over clock for 700p.
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb View Post
    I'd like to know why this doesn't work on the 700p or why an app hasn't been written to over clock for 700p.
    It technically works on the 680.. Just don't turn it off..

I agree, the 700 and 680 need that extra bit of snap.. I never could get it to work after updating my 650 to the 1.71 FW, and now I'm glad. Going from the 650 at 476Mhz (fastest I could go that was 100% solid) to the 680 would have really dragged.
    As an update, I tried the next step, which was 548Mhz and that didn't last more than 10 seconds. I hit the home button twice and it hard locked.

504MHz still seems solid and is almost a 200MHz jump. Not bad! I still can't get over how fast it is.

Someday I will look into memory timings etc. I know on my PC messing with those has had drastic effects ranging from instability to crazy fast memory I/O. I just don't have the time right now to learn the ins and outs of each setting.
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb View Post
    The developer mentioned that he's been slow at updating PXA Clocker for newer devices because he hasn't been able to get his hands on the new hardware. It makes sense--to obtain every version of every device would cost thousands of dollars, which is just not worth it for most Palm app developers.

He's been working with beta testers who own the hardware, but that's a long, slow process. There was mention that he has only two 680 beta testers--perhaps more of us could volunteer to beta test and get working patches sooner. LENDING him a working Treo to develop with would be even better!
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Where are you getting this information? I can't even get the developer to respond to Email.
    whenever i get to a link its dead. UPDATE LINK
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    did anybody ever solve the 'can't wake up' problem with PXA Clocker and the treo 680?

i would love to use it reliably / continuously as it makes tealOS muuuuuch smoother.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456