Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I just downloaded PXA Clocker Lite 5.1 to see if overclocking TCPMP would let me play iPod encoded H.264 video files. Unfortunately it doesn't work. Playback was the same from 312 up to 507 and it crashed when I tried to open TCPMP when set at 546.

The files I'm trying to play were encoded with EyeTV (Last night's episode of Lost) and Handbrake's new iPod specific Beta version (a DVD I ripped).

I have been able to play the Ask A Ninja video podcast though, even before the overclocking experiment.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I bought PXA clocker recently because I thought it worked on 700p. When using I personally do not notice any speed increase. Only crashes when going to high on things.

Seemed to work on the 650
    I don't think it works on the 700p.

Plus it's time due for a new Version

Anyone?
    ya i agree, i also have a 700p with sprint, updated version would be nice
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Cat View Post
    I just downloaded PXA Clocker Lite 5.1 to see if overclocking TCPMP would let me play iPod encoded H.264 video files.
    I've never had any luck with iPod files in TCPMP. H.264 or Nero Digital files I make myself work fine in TCPMP when my 650 is overclocked.
    Seems to make TomTom 6 a little faster @ 468Mhz.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    PXAClocker made my 650 more responsive in ZLauncher switching tabs, as well as in a few programs I could notice a difference. ESPECIALLY so in EarthComber where if you zoom out it has to do a lot of data crawling to draw the big map.

Unfortunately it doesn't behave with the 1.20/1.71 firmware.. Treo won't turn on unless you hit the power button about 20 times. Unfortunately doesn't seem like too many other people have seen this, I've only heard of one other person with the issue.
    has onyone tried PXAClocker on thier treo 700p?
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    As Posted recently, I have recently bought PXA clocker and tried to use it on the 700p.
    If anything, it slows it down.

If I over clocked anything over 412 it would lock.
    They need a long overdue update.
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    If you do a search, you'll find that a very few have had success with PXA, but the majority have had issues. Lockups, application conflicts, camera issues are just a few of the problems. It does need an update from the vendor, but they have been unresponsive thus far and their website still lists the 700 as being supported, when it clearly has problems....
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    It has been within 30days since I purchased. I should demand a refund.. Money talks lauder than words.
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    I'm using PXA Clocker with my 650 (Verizon 1.05a ROM) at 507 MHz for a few key apps that could use a spring in their step: Blazer, Garmin Que, TCPMP, AcidImage, etc. Everything else is at the default clock, and I'm having no problems.
    http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Sy...ro-17825.shtml

Last Updated: 1st of August 2006, 10:16 GMT

not sure of the changes

wilsonb
    are u using this version on the treo 700p?
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    wilsonb are u using this version on the treo 700p?
    I'm not sure what "This" version your ref. to, but I am using version 5.1 Pro purchased version on a Sprint 700p.
    You know how it is with details. They only help..

I currently for a while now have turn it off, since it only crashes my 700p and doesn't really help anything..
    Not knocking the develper but;
    "Last Updated: 1st of August 2006, 10:16 GMT"

Time due...
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    Results with my Treo 650:

Adjusting only the Sys (Bus + Mem), the PalmInternals speed test results as follows:

312MHz : 4318 Ticks
    429MHz : 3202 Ticks
    468MHz : 2963 Ticks
    507MHz : 2744 Ticks (Sys = 169)

I've been running at 507MHz for a few days and it's stable in everything. My Treo is much faster, and the boost is especially noticeable when opening large text files (books), which I often do. The battery seems to be draining slightly faster, if any faster at all.

At 546MHz my Treo freezes on the first application I open.

Briefly tested at 195MHz across the board and a multiplier of 2.5 for a CPU clock of 487MHz, it seems stable. At 208MHz/2.5/520MHz it crashes, even with the bus divided in half.

I'd like to see an option in PXAclocker to overclock for a specified about of time on opening a specific application, or all applications. For example, I'd like to overclock for the first ten seconds or so when I open my book reader program, and under-clock directly after that (since I'm only reading) to save battery life. Many applications would benefit in the same way; how many applications take a while to open and barely use any resources thereafter?
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eatyummypuppies View Post
    I'd like to see an option in PXAclocker to overclock for a specified about of time on opening a specific application, or all applications. For example, I'd like to overclock for the first ten seconds or so when I open my book reader program, and under-clock directly after that (since I'm only reading) to save battery life. Many applications would benefit in the same way; how many applications take a while to open and barely use any resources thereafter?
    I've found that overclocking the CPU to 507 has a negligible effect on battery life. The radio is what really uses most of the power.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee View Post
    No PXA doesn't work on the 600, but I think lightspeed beta app works on the 600.
    i wonder if lightspeed works ont eh treo 700p...?

PXA is said to not work on the 700p

Last Update: 03/20/2006

Palm OS 5 XScale overclocking

- Overclock and Increase Performance
    - Underclock and Increase Battery Life

Lightspeed lets you change the Bus clock frequency and CPU clock frequency on your Palm OS 5 device that has a intel XScale CPU.

- Increase the Bus clock frequency by as much as 200 percent!
    - Set the CPU clock frequency to as high as 400 Mhz.

These settings can be changed individually for each software application.

For processor intensive applications - such as Games, Emulators, Image Viewers, Movie Players, Database applications, Map Viewers, 3D Graphic Renderers etcetera - the Bus clock and CPU clock can be set as high as possible to maximize the system performance and user experience.

For less processor intensive applications - such as PIM applications, Launchers, Ebook readers etcetera - the Bus clock and CPU clock can be set as low as possible to maximize the battery life.

The intel XScale CPU are designed by intel to be run at different CPU clock settings and Bus clock settings. Hence the 'Scale' part in XScale.

The different CPU clock settings and Bus clock settings have been tested thoroughly with each of the supported devices. The possible settings in Lightspeed are the ones that have been found very stable during testing and are somewhat different depending which of the supported devices Lightspeed is used with.

This version of Lightspeed supports the following devices:
    Sony CLIE NX60
    Sony CLIE NX70V
    Sony CLIE NZ90
    Sony CLIE TG50
    Sony CLIE NX73V
    Sony CLIE NX80V
    Palm Tungsten C Palm Tungsten T3
    Huh? You do know that Lightspeed doesn't even run on a 700p, right?
    ya i found that out, haha
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    I can't believe it's December and there's still no PXA Clocker update. What a joke.
    I only use it to downgrade the frequence.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast