Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    just downloaded it....507mhz all good it crapped when i went to 547 though
    I was up in the 750ishmhz range today. Damn screen scrambled frozen! Hah..oh well..i tried. I'm keeping at 507. Really helps with some medical programs I use.
    I have mine set on 546mhz for a month now. So far so good.
    Last edited by aznmode; 03/03/2005 at 04:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMSchiller
    Hey, this program is great. I'm conservative, so I went low and only upped the clock on the programs I like to access quickly. Pretty cool. I only went up to 429 on most of them. I'll leave it for a while and see how it goes. Already, it seems the phone opens just about a second faster. Works for me. Now ... for the voice dial feature. Got to register it first though to test that. all in all... I like it.

Wonder what the PXA Clocker pro version does......
    Readme indicates the free lite version does not startup after reset and does not work with applications on SD.
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
    I wonder if the Sprint (LockLine) Insurance would still be usable if you mess up your T650 via overclocking? I would think so. Given it is insurance that covers most anything...

Probably does void the manufacturer's warrantee though.

Given nobody is claiming any break-neck speed improvements I'll pass...

I'm just happy this thing does better than my old T600 .
    darnell huge improvents with mmplayer
    Quote Originally Posted by clownracer
    darnell huge improvents with mmplayer
    That sounds good!

Anybody try it with Pocket Tunes? (Although when streaming audio I already get far less buffering, almost none, compared to the T600.)

If we ever get to take advantage of any of the new streaming video services this overclocking might come in handy!

Maybe I'd go for it if I used MMPlayer more often. Still this is good to know about. I'm going to save the site's URL in case I ever want this.
    I'm simply blown away with the depth of knowledge you guys employ here... are you paid palm employees or is this a hobby?... I wouldn't even begin to know where to get the time to get this far into a palm device...
    hey tundy...speaking for me, no...I'm just a treo geek. Running PXA professional at 468.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    hey tundy...speaking for me, no...I'm just a treo geek. Running PXA professional at 468.
    LMAO same with me also spending 4 hours a day on the bus to and from work really makes you use your phone
    Quote Originally Posted by clownracer
    LMAO same with me also spending 4 hours a day on the bus to and from work really makes you use your phone
    2 hours on a bus each way to/from work? Wow, that's dedication!
    When I run the app, it shows the system speed at 104 Mhz. Should I just leave this as it is, and recognize that an app running at 1.5x is really running at 468 and not 156? Everything locks up if I move the system speed to 312.
    Regarding the phone performance using overclocking, I did notice the program improve the response time. The delay is still there, but the initial screen with name comes with quicker than normal.
    I have mine set at 468. Any higher frequency lead to strange behavior on my Treo.
    Sync utility claims it is on phone but I can't find it on main screen with "all" selected OR on the SIM card.

What am I missing?

Thanks.
    any higher, some apps become flakey. 650 w/GSM. Everything really "POPS", big difference especially with Mapopolis.
    It should, however, there will be a max through-put your device/video processing, CPU, etc can realistically handle, and this will also be directly related to the resolutions you choose to use.

Basically though, over-clocking will amp up your viewing (and bit rate as well).
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    I don't know why I waited so long to get this program. At 468, I can run Nesem with smoothing enabled and Nero Recode MP4 AVC files easily.
    Any guidelines for reasonable settings for the 650?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by b0tes
    anyone else had success with prolonged use of this app?
    i myself have had a system frequency overclock of 468mhz for about 4-5 months straight with no problems at all, along with a page long list of hacks too.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503
    i myself have had a system frequency overclock of 468mhz for about 4-5 months straight with no problems at all, along with a page long list of hacks too.
    Thx. What do you mean by "hacks" in relation to PixClocker?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast