1.    #1  
    will this work on a 650 ?

http://web.palmone.com/products/Cate...html?ID=310005

in the description it says Treo 650 or Treo 600, but I couldn't find it under the Accessories category for the Treo 650, it was only under 600....

http://web.palmone.m7z.net/web.palmo...er_600_xlg.jpg
    Palm Pilot 1000 -> Sprint TP-3000 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650
    That should work, it has three conductor sections, (two black lines) on the plug, so it's stereo. Radio Shack has the same thing for $2 or $3, but it's straight.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Quote Originally Posted by skydivewags
    That should work, it has three conductor sections, (two black lines) on the plug, so it's stereo. Radio Shack has the same thing for $2 or $3, but it's straight.
    What would I look for at Radio Shack? That is, what is it actually called, and/or what does it actually do? Thanks...
    Yes, the adapter works. I had one for the T600, works fine with the T650. You can get it cheaper than 9.99 though...treocentral sells it for 5.95.

The one that Radioshack sells actually did NOT work on my 600. The jacks are correct and all..but if you look at the 600/650 case, you can see that the headphone jack input is recessed a little bit. The RadioShack adapter does not fit into the recessed area, and because of that it does not securely latch. Besides that...it is quite tall and sticks out FAR below the Treo case. Stick with this P1 adapter...much better!
    The Radioshack one seems to fit and work fine on the Treo 650. Altough it is straight instead of at an angle.

Be careful about older treo 600 adapter. One version is not compatible with the Treo 650.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    the radioshack adapter is actually a 3/32 to 1/8 adapter (or is that vice versa :-). I've got three of them. Keep in mind, you have to trim the end of it to make it fit all the way in the 600. The easiest and neatest way is to use a razor knife or box cutter and cut from the last ring on the grip (nearest to the plug). Just cut it in the shape of a doughnut and slide it off the end. It'll fit perfectly and it looks like it came that way.
    Vince
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman
    the radioshack adapter is actually a 3/32 to 1/8 adapter (or is that vice versa :-). I've got three of them. Keep in mind, you have to trim the end of it to make it fit all the way in the 600. The easiest and neatest way is to use a razor knife or box cutter and cut from the last ring on the grip (nearest to the plug). Just cut it in the shape of a doughnut and slide it off the end. It'll fit perfectly and it looks like it came that way.
    Vince
    No trimming needed on my Treo 650.
    bought an adapter from treo central and it works great, no problems. except, there is an one time intial loud static noise when I put the head phones in initially.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Does Radio shack's actually work? I thought that the headphone adapter had to have a resistor in it in order to switch the Treo into "Head Phone" Mode. I thought that was what someone had posted here. If it does work, anyone have the Radio shack number for it?
    I believe the part # is 274-373

I didn't have to do anything. It worked fine on my headset.
    You know, come to think of it, P1 should include the adoptor with the phone. They are selling a $600 product and try to nickel and dime you to death. P1 now even short changed us on the case where in 600 they at least included the basic case so that you can get by until the 3rd party cases became available.