1.    #1  
    Friend sent me short sound clip from a song I have it in the real player but how do I make it a ringer sound? Please help
    Quote Originally Posted by Nade23
    Friend sent me short sound clip from a song I have it in the real player but how do I make it a ringer sound? Please help
    I too look forward to your answer. I have asked for instructions but have not seen them yet.
    Eric
    If you're referring to using mp3's or wav's as ringtones you will have to copy them onto your SD card and then acquire pTunes to allow playing them and a program like Phone Technician, or mp3ringer (or others) to attach them to the phone application and to customize them such as how long they ring, do they vibrate also and many other options also.

Perhaps you could click on the software links above and peruse the authors' readme.txt files and other helpful info... good luck

There are also MANY threads discussing ringers which might be helpful such as http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=64265. Give it a click too.
    actually, i'm not sure you 'have' to use ptunes or others to attach them as a phone app. though those programs probably make it easier because otherwise the easiest way to get it onto your phone is to download it from a web site, whereas the ringtone managers probably override that.

i DO think that they have to be converted to ARM format which can be done with a couple of free tools that were posted in another ringtone thread on here.

i have been able to play plain wav files and have them show up in the phone list but they won't ring as ringtones unless converted.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.