1.    #1  
    Hello,

I used to use a sanyo vm4500 phone. Just downloaded the usb drivers and plugged in my usb cable, and dialed #777 or something like that, and was good to go using vision.

What is the procedure to do this on the treo 650 via its included hotsync cable? I had this done for free with my old vision phone, so I'd rather not use pdanet. Is this possible? I don't have bluetooth at the moment on my computer.

THANKS
    PDAnet is currently the only solution if you plan to use the USB cable for connectivity. As you may know, it is possible to use the Bluetooth DUN feature of the Treo 650 for PC connectivity. Shadowmite has posted a patch BTManager file which enables DUN through bluetooth. You only need to purchase a Bluetooth adapter for your PC.

Nate
    But as I have read, the Bluetooth interconnectivity bandwidth is lower than the hard wired bandwidth utilizing the hotsync cable. Others have shown dslreports comparisons, etc. It would be nice not to have to spend an additional $25 just to activate the cable. I would also like to know how to do this for free, as with my previous Sprint phone, it worked for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-maniac
    But as I have read, the Bluetooth interconnectivity bandwidth is lower than the hard wired bandwidth utilizing the hotsync cable. Others have shown dslreports comparisons, etc. It would be nice not to have to spend an additional $25 just to activate the cable. I would also like to know how to do this for free, as with my previous Sprint phone, it worked for free.
    Sprint use to offer usb connectivity kits for some of the older model phones. I use to have this setup for my Samsung A500; however they did away with these connection kits after offering laptop data solutions (CF and pcmcia connection cards) and have not created a driver for the Treo 650. As I stated before, PDAnet is the only solution for the USB wired solution.

The performance is less with the bluetooth for some reason and I'm not sure why. I get less than 55kb/sec with bluetooth DUN while I get up to 136kb/sec on my handset. The performance on bluetooth DUN should be much better than 55kb/sec as the bluetooth connection between the phone and laptop is capable of up to 768kb/sec. Looks like the Bluetooth DUN driver is in need of some updating on the Treo 650.

Nate
    I just tested Wireless Modem with the internal modem and Serial. Seems to work fine.
    what cable are you using with your T650? you said you are using serial?
    Created my own given the instructions in the Verizon Forum for switching over a T650. But, now we hear :

The PLPT5-M9-6 and the PDCT5-M9BATT are serial cables that really do work with the Treo 650. They use the new multi-connector. They're on

www.pcables.com
    Really would like a USB cable.