Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1.    #1  
    I am a current Sprint customer paying nearly $200 per month and I am tired of seeing all of the great deals for new customers who pay far less. SPrint only offering $75 rebate now and $150 2 months from now. Anyone know a way to get better deal.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by litigator201
    I am a current Sprint customer paying nearly $200 per month and I am tired of seeing all of the great deals for new customers who pay far less. SPrint only offering $75 rebate now and $150 2 months from now. Anyone know a way to get better deal.
    call CS, tell them you're fed up with paying so much, and are planning on switching to XYZ provider. it helps to have XYZ provider's webpage up so you can quote prices chapter and verse. if the CS person won't budge, tell them you want to speak to a retention specialist. the CS person will probably say 'they won't be able to offer you any better', just ignore them and repeat that you want to talk to a retention specialist. once with the RS, state your case, explain how you're pumping more than $2,000 a year into sprint's coffers, and you would like some consideration as a loyal/faithful customer. again quote XYZ provider's rates. chances are you'll come away happy.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by anastrophe
    call CS, tell them you're fed up with paying so much, and are planning on switching to XYZ provider. it helps to have XYZ provider's webpage up so you can quote prices chapter and verse. if the CS person won't budge, tell them you want to speak to a retention specialist. the CS person will probably say 'they won't be able to offer you any better', just ignore them and repeat that you want to talk to a retention specialist. once with the RS, state your case, explain how you're pumping more than $2,000 a year into sprint's coffers, and you would like some consideration as a loyal/faithful customer. again quote XYZ provider's rates. chances are you'll come away happy.
    AMEN! And what is with this crap of a 18 month loyalty deal they are offering. You mean to tell me that sprint thinks that Customer A who has held onto a $50 phone for 2 years is more valuable than a Customer B who, annually, shells out 500 smackeroonies to purchase a new phone from them?

    I would like to have been in the board room where that policy was adopted. Maybe I could have gotten a hit of whatever they were SMOKIN'!

    K
  4. #4  
    Wireless companies lose money on almost all of their cell phones (from the purchase price)... they make money on the plans. Locking someone into a 2 year deal will allow them to recoup the $$ they lost on the initial price for the actual phone.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by demoflauchy
    Wireless companies lose money on almost all of their cell phones (from the purchase price)... they make money on the plans. Locking someone into a 2 year deal will allow them to recoup the $$ they lost on the initial price for the actual phone.
    no no, you are misunderstanding...I am willing to sign a new 1-2 year agreement in order to get the "deals" (just like I did last year, signed a 1 year agreement and got the rebate), but now Sprint's loyalty clause says that doesn't matter if I sign a new contract, I cannot get the rebate unless I've had the same bloody phone for 18 months or longer. Doesn't matter that I've been a customer for 5+ years renewing my contract for 1 year at a time, each year.

    WTF!

    K
  6. #6  
    it's the reason their retention department gets abused so much. They got no love for existing customers. Although when i called to activate my 650, i was offered 7pm nights and weekends for signing another 2 yrs. I politely declined.
  7. #7  
    There calculation is that it takes approx 18 months for them to recoup the money they lose on the phone discount, so that is why the 18mo wait. The two year committment requirement keeps you always with time left on your contract at the point when the new phone discount is avaialbable. helps keep people with Sprint instead of jumping ship
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by wikka
    ...i was offered 7pm nights and weekends for signing another 2 yrs. I politely declined.
    HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I "POLITELY" DECLINED!!!

    toooooo funny

    K
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    There calculation is that it takes approx 18 months for them to recoup the money they lose on the phone discount
    Explain again how my $100 phone discount requires 18 months for them to break even when I am shelling out $100+ per month in phone services???

    NOT BUYIN IT.

    K
  10. #10  
    Its an average for the phones they sell. If they lose $100 on a phone but calculate that they get about $5 extra from you on your montly bill that goes to "repaying" them for the phone loss, thats 18mo or so. On some its obviously more and some less, but that is what they assume on average.\

    Its not so much what they charge you but what they, accounting wise, "overcharge" you each month to recoup the cost of the phone.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by anastrophe
    call CS, tell them you're fed up with paying so much, and are planning on switching to XYZ provider. it helps to have XYZ provider's webpage up so you can quote prices chapter and verse. if the CS person won't budge, tell them you want to speak to a retention specialist. the CS person will probably say 'they won't be able to offer you any better', just ignore them and repeat that you want to talk to a retention specialist. once with the RS, state your case, explain how you're pumping more than $2,000 a year into sprint's coffers, and you would like some consideration as a loyal/faithful customer. again quote XYZ provider's rates. chances are you'll come away happy.
    I did as anastrophe suggested and it took a fight but got to a retention specialist and got the full $150 rebate and a credit of 1/2 of my base monthly contract amount on next month's bill for spending so much money each month with Sprint PCS and threatening to switch to Cingular. Thanks anastrophe!

    Litigator201
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Its an average for the phones they sell. If they lose $100 on a phone but calculate that they get about $5 extra from you on your montly bill that goes to "repaying" them for the phone loss, thats 18mo or so. On some its obviously more and some less, but that is what they assume on average.\

    Its not so much what they charge you but what they, accounting wise, "overcharge" you each month to recoup the cost of the phone.

    Really, well here are my calculations:

    one less customer, per second, shelling out $100 per month because they aren't willing to give her $100 off a phone each year=chapter 11

    K
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by litigator201
    I did as anastrophe suggested and it took a fight but got to a retention specialist and got the full $150 rebate and a credit of 1/2 of my base monthly contract amount on next month's bill for spending so much money each month with Sprint PCS and threatening to switch to Cingular. Thanks anastrophe!

    Litigator201
    RIGHT ON!...but why should loyal customers have to go through all that!?
  14. #14  
    when the Treo 300 came out, Amazon had a special for new Sprint customers where they offered $200 of the price, so I called sprint and said I want to cancel for that reason and sign up as a new customer, and they said I should just stay on and sign a 1 year contract, they'll credit me the $200.

    I combined that with a circuit city price match to Microcenter low price of $350 (instead of $450) and I ended up getting it for $150

    Now when I bought the Treo 650 it was just exactly 18 months on my old phone so I just signed a two year contract and got $150, not nearly as good a deal. (but it is a much better phone!!!)
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by CySurflex
    when the Treo 300 came out, Amazon had a special for new Sprint customers where they offered $200 of the price, so I called sprint and said I want to cancel for that reason and sign up as a new customer, and they said I should just stay on and sign a 1 year contract, they'll credit me the $200.

    I combined that with a circuit city price match to Microcenter low price of $350 (instead of $450) and I ended up getting it for $150

    Now when I bought the Treo 650 it was just exactly 18 months on my old phone so I just signed a two year contract and got $150, not nearly as good a deal. (but it is a much better phone!!!)
    yeah, the old policy (the one you got your 300 under) made more sense. This new policy is BS. The ironic thing is that NOT A SINGLE TREO600 user qualifies for a rebate on the 650 because the 600 has not been out but a year. Seems to me that P1 would be doing something to intervene if they want these puppies in as many hands as possible, otherwise there will be many who wait 6 months until their 600's 18 month anniversary date before purchasing a 650 with rebate.

    K
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    no no, you are misunderstanding...I am willing to sign a new 1-2 year agreement in order to get the "deals" (just like I did last year, signed a 1 year agreement and got the rebate), but now Sprint's loyalty clause says that doesn't matter if I sign a new contract, I cannot get the rebate unless I've had the same bloody phone for 18 months or longer. Doesn't matter that I've been a customer for 5+ years renewing my contract for 1 year at a time, each year.

    WTF!

    K
    This is exactly why my 650 is going back. They would not give me the $150 rebate. Screw that. I'll just wait till the other providers offer it and jump ship.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by wikka
    They got no love for existing customers.
    Which is very ironic since weren't they the ones that had the "new kid" tv spots?
  18. #18  
    There used to be a lot of leeway that supervisors/retention types had in getting people to sign up or re-up. Most of that has been taken away from them. Actually, there is no longer a seperate Sprint Retention Department anymore.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    ...Actually, there is no longer a seperate Sprint Retention Department anymore.

    ...and you know this, how?

    Apparently Litigator201 talked to SOMEBODY with some clout. I don't care what their dept. or title is, I just want to talk to someone who appreciates existing customers and can do something to keep them.

    K
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    RIGHT ON!...but why should loyal customers have to go through all that!?
    that's the sad part of it all. obviously, they are making some serious bank on their standard plans, otherwise retention wouldn't offer 'all that and a bag of chips' once you get to them - they want to keep the customer, but obviously not if they lose money on them, so there must be lots of wiggle room in those prices.

    i came from one $29.99 acct i signed up for seven years ago, 300 anytime minutes, and first incoming minute free - that's it. my wife's contract is still a $16.99 'promotional' plan also signed up for about that long ago - 100 anytime minutes, first incoming minute free. i held fast on those plans all this time. when i looked at what cingular and everyone else was charging for the T600, and lots more minutes, i figured it was time to move on - i'm not paying sprint $150 more for the phone than anyone else charges. so i was seriously ready to split.

    stated my case to retention with no drama and no fireworks, and simply said, 'i've been a sprint customer since 1998, i want this phone at the price cingular offers it for, and i want a plan with internet at the same price cingular is offering it. what can you do for me?'

    came away with 750 anytime minutes, unlimited night/weekend starting at 8pm, unlimited Vision - pcs business connection - all for $55 a month. and without asking, 5% off every bill from here on out. and an immediate $150 credit on my bill. and i'm also eligible for the $150 rebate, though thats still a bit up in the air because i switched to the T650.

    i think the real secret is to not let the initial CS rep fluster you and **** you off. chatting calmy and rationally with the retention specialist will make them love you, as they get beat up on all day long, i'm sure.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions