1.    #1  
    does the Treo connect to the web through a proxy server still? Could you theoretically run a web server on a Treo 650?

Think about the possiblities
    Like Sprint disabling your account after about 5 minutes of 5 people trying to hit it? Like the fact that it would run, really, really slow?

Just being a little sarcastic now, it would be fun just to say that it could be done.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    Like Sprint disabling your account after about 5 minutes of 5 people trying to hit it? Like the fact that it would run, really, really slow?

Just being a little sarcastic now, it would be fun just to say that it could be done.
    I bet the first person to do that could get a story about it posted on slashdot and include a link to said web server - then you'd see what happens when 100,000 people try to connect to your treo at the same time...
    "And this just in...John Axelrod of Iowa had his ear blown off by an exploding cell phone when 10,000 users tried to log into his treo-based webserver"
    I used to be able to run a web server on my Ipaq, it was a fun idea but not particularly useful (only really made sence when you connected to a LAN).
    How about turn the treo into a webcam?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa8Claws
    How about turn the treo into a webcam?
    I think thats possible already
    http://www.clievideo.com/default.asp...intProductID=4

since the image doesn't have to be served off of the palm, it just needs to be pushed to a web server every so often (30 seconds?)

now streaming video off the treo is another story - and also could theoretically be possible even if it is behind a proxy server. The treo could stream video to a server on the internet which would relay the video to all viewers....
    Their current version of Palm Webcam will not work with the T650, but I got an e-mail from them this morning saying that they will be updating it soon.