Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I got a response back from RIM that blackberry connect for Palm Garnet and Cobalt OS already exists. It's is a working system.

So what will it take for us to be able to get this damn thing on the Treo's. I love my 650, and the addition of Blackberry Connect would make it the perfect tool for me. Anyone know anything?

Check out the RIM page below (may have been posted, but i had not seen screenshots before.)

http://www.blackberry.com/products/l...t/palmOS.shtml

PalmOne - we're waiting (at least some of us are.)
    Have anyone heard anything about the status of this? I am stuck as it would appear that my Corp is installing BB Servers and I will be left out in the cold with only work arounds to get my lotus notes email. If anyone has good work arounds let me know (it would have to involve not asking IT to do anything)
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    I got a response back from RIM that blackberry connect for Palm Garnet and Cobalt OS already exists. It's is a working system.

So what will it take for us to be able to get this damn thing on the Treo's. I love my 650, and the addition of Blackberry Connect would make it the perfect tool for me. Anyone know anything?

Check out the RIM page below (may have been posted, but i had not seen screenshots before.)

http://www.blackberry.com/products/l...t/palmOS.shtml

PalmOne - we're waiting (at least some of us are.)
    I heard from a source today that some beta software just came out. One question: I have a Treo 600 -- is it OS Garnet compatible?
    I'd love to see this too since I can't connect to my company's servers for email otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfaltman
    I heard from a source today that some beta software just came out. One question: I have a Treo 600 -- is it OS Garnet compatible?

If this is true and betaware exists. Someone tell us how to be part of this beta program.

I am up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfaltman
    The Treo 600 is not a Garnet device... Garnet is Palm OS 5.4 and the Treo 600 is 5.2.1H... No Dice my friend
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    The Treo 600 is not a Garnet device... Garnet is Palm OS 5.4 and the Treo 600 is 5.2.1H... No Dice my friend
    but the 650 is....5.4.5...i guess this may be another reason to upgrade...
    This is the response I got form my firm's Network Manager in response to my request to try and get on a beta program for Blackberry Connect for my T650:

"I was at a Blackberry seminar yesterday and inquired about this. The RIM rep said that Treo 650 support is a "long way off" due to contract negotiations."
    Does anyone have any new news on when RIM/palmOne will release a BB client that runs on PalmOS?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Are you just looking for PUSH e-mail? Or are you looking for specifially a blackberry app??
    I ask because chatteremail does push.
    BB specifically.
    From the PalmSource Website
    http://www.palmsource.com/palmos/mailblackberry.html

Palm OS Support

Palm OS Garnet, version 5.2 and 5.4
    Supported networks: GPRS
    Localization: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish

So it will work on the 600

Gary
    Hi,
    An easy workaround might be: http://www.martinscott.com/WirelessMail

Wouter
  14. seh
    Quote Originally Posted by gcadman
    From the PalmSource Website
    http://www.palmsource.com/palmos/mailblackberry.html

Palm OS Support

Palm OS Garnet, version 5.2 and 5.4
    Supported networks: GPRS
    Localization: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish

So it will work on the 600

Gary
    IIRC, this is the same link that has been up for months. Vaporware, at this point, although I am blindly hoping that someday it will be available.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Will Version 2 support CDMA 650's in addition to GSM 650's? Do you know how Version 2 will be distributed, through Palm, RIM or the providers?

I am waiting on getting a Verizon 650 but if it won't support Blackberry Connect then I will move to Cingular.
    I really believe that PalmOne has a responsibility to all of its customers that bought Treo's since the original communication about what was billed as the "soon-to-be released" blackberry connect for Palm OS. I feel like we've been lied to and all they've done is do almost a bait and switch on us. I've personally decided that my Treo 600 will be my last palm if they don't get this working by the summer. I love my treo and i love the Palm os and all of the apps, but if you're targeting mobile workers who work for large enterprises where Blackberry is more than likely installed and Good-link will never be put in, then this is just rediculous. I know I'm just ranting, but I really hope someone from Palm reads this.
    Quote Originally Posted by knoppi
    To clarify things: Version 1.2 of Blackberry connect for PalmOS is ready and working, but version 1.2 only supports Push-email and attachment handling. This version will never be released. Version 2 is almost ready, this version additionally supports calendar and contacts synch. Its a Beta stage, the version should be out in late summer.

But for all of you who are using a Notes client and are looking for Blackberry, there is a great app called mNotes from commontime.com.

mNotes supports calendar-, contacts-, mail and todo-push right now. Additional you can use freetime and its only around 70 US dollars. No need to purchase a blackberry server for your compnay

Oliver
    Great info, Oliver. What is your source on this?
  18. seh
    Oliver:

If Verson 1.2 works, why will it not be released, even as a stop-gap measure to satisfy those of us who would like this basic function?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SEH
    Oliver:

If Verson 1.2 works, why will it not be released, even as a stop-gap measure to satisfy those of us who would like this basic function?
    Because it will be perhaps the best Blackberry connect solution out?!

Have you ever tried the MDA III aka HTC Blue Angel with Blackberry connect? I believe not (I hope not ). The MDA is unusable now, GPRS, WiFi and Bluetooth do not longer work with BB connect enabled. HTC (who is responsible for proramming Blackberry connect for the MDA - its not RIM, just FYI) did a terrible job.

So I will wait two more month to have a stable, working product which will support even Blackberry Enterprise server 4.

Come on, wouldn't you complain if you would have Blackberry connect but couldn't use other features of your Treo now? So stay tuned, I believe we will see something very very nice ...

Its a hard job to get this application to work (same for Good), this is not a Iprogramthreedaysandhaveaprc-application.
    RTFM
    Knoppi:

I am currently using Commontime. It is my understanding that push technology only works under two conditions. (1) the IT department installs it on a server networked to the BB server. or (2) A remote user can run the enterprise version on their desktop which requires your desktop to be on and connected at all times.
    Unfortunately, for myself and many others, these two options will not work.
    I have absolutely no support from the IT department on using my Treo for remote access. They are committed to Blackberry.
    In addition, I am using a laptop and am not allowed to leave it connected to the corporate network.
    Am I correct in my understanding of Commontime? Is there a solutiion which requires minimal interaction with IT?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast