Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Guys, only 2,000 of the SGH-i530's were produced by Samsung. They were distributed at the Summer Olympics to VIPs and dignitaries. They had the option to purchase them for around $180 at the end of the olympics. Of course they were all sold and then, as you would imagine, they started popping up on Ebay.

Just beware as it is a dual band GSM phone. But I gotta tell you, I am loving this phone more and more every day. A few days ago this guy saw me fiddling with it and came up to me and kept asking what it was and where i got it from. He was too curious, even for a gadget freak. Turns out, he's the regional product manager for Samsung. And he was so shocked that he had never seen it before.

Here's a link for the phone: http://www.engadget.com/entry/3114445122366423

I have some photos of mine, if anyone's willing to upload them I can send them to him.

best regards,

AVANTI
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Please note that I ==agree== with your statement that I commented upon.

However, it IS a pretty amazing statement to make about a $600 cellphone with a few extra features - to paraphrase (but not by a whole lot!):

== If you need a device that works don't get the new TREO 650.
    Now that last statement is stretching it a bit.

Am I the only one getting tired of all the negativity on this board? I know this has been said before, but if you (not just Seldom) don't like the 650 and don't intend on purchasing one, then why are you here? Why, why, why???? If you hate P1 and think they owe you something, send them a letter - but PLEASE stop cluttering up the TC boards and every thread with negativity that I have to dig through to get to one useful post!! Please get a life and move on.
    I let out a little tirade against Seldom Visitor, but I can't find that thread anymore. Hehehe... I don't understand how sickos can abuse the "freedom of speech" concept to spew their poison incessantly on a forum where people try to help and entertain each other.

I just don't get it. People like SV need to be institutionalized. Or their brokerage accounts should restrict them from short selling stocks (this activity commonly leads desperate day traders into trying to trash a company's reputation in the hope that their $400 short position will make them enough money to be able to buy their next happy meal...
    For more info on the Samsung i530 Palm smartphone, check out: http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...193#post272193
    Quote Originally Posted by treotim
    Now that last statement is stretching it a bit.
    Exsqueeeeeeze me!

But in what way do you think this:

is not this:

>> If the phone does not work well everytime, it's going back.
    >
    > Save yourself some time and cancel the order.

Please get a life and move on.
    Indeed.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    tell that to my clients who are annoyed they cant get a hold of me cuz my phone resets when i hit answer.. lol
    If you never want to miss calls, the Treo 650 is not for you. Even if it worked as advertised everytime, it still sends callers to voicemail if it happens to be doing anything data related when someone calls. For a pda-phone whose raison d'etre is to retreive email automatically, poll for instant messages, etc, you would ineveitably miss a call. If you cannot tolerate that, you are better off with a phone that does not rely so heavily on a readily available data uplink.
    You want to "un-clutter" these boards? MODERATORS TAKE NOTE: Remove the freakin' sticky threads that are so long they're of no use to anyone! I hate the fact that I have to wade through this crap everytime I come here, and that it cuts down on the "front" page realestate where USEFUL articles could be posted.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Exsqueeeeeeze me!

But in what way do you think this:

is not this:

>> If the phone does not work well everytime, it's going back.
    >
    > Save yourself some time and cancel the order.

Indeed.

Your logic is flawed. Can you not see the difference in the content of the two comments? A device does not have to be perfect to "work." Comment A says that if you need a device that works, don't get a 650. Comment B says that if you need perfection, you will not find it in a 650. Those are fundimentally different statements.
    What is the deal with you people and "logic" on these forums?

I'm getting tired of wadding through all the bickering, snide comments, and crap posts, not to mention they rarely are in the correct forum, just to find as someone else said "one worthwhile post," especially on my Treo 600's tiny *** res screen!

Get off your freakin podiums and use some of that "logic" for constructive purposes, please!
    Quote Originally Posted by AVANTI
    I'm sorry but that's not entirely true. I got myself a Samsung SGH-i530 that runs Palm OS 5.2 and not only does it work perfectly, but better than any SonyEricsson or NOkia phone I've owned or tried. Voice quality is superb, reception is so good I sometimes think i'm on a landline, battery life is reasonably good (just like the average Samsung or SonyEricsson phone life). There are also no issues with the OS. I got an endlessly looping reset when I first set it up, but then realized it was my mistake since my Palm Desktop software thought it was hotsyncing my old Clie with OS 4.1

Once I deleted it completely and installed the Samsung version of Palm Desktop, it did a proper sync and there have been ZERO crashes or glitches since I got this phone over a week ago. And I'm more or less a poweruser, so I'm using my phone for just about everything from MP3 playing to modifying my distributors cash flow statement on excel to taking very nice photos with the 1.3 megapixel (with flash) inbuilt camera.

Unfortunately, Samsung isn't selling this phone and it is looking more and more like they never will. It baffles the hell out of me since this phone is not only prepared for the prime-time, but it would sell for up to $700 a pop easily. I never was a fan of a flip phone until owning this baby.
    Hehe, curosity got the best of me:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    His expectations are too high. I know nothing specific about the 650's quality. Only what I've read here.
    Good enough for me, thanks for the followup explanation.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by AVANTI
    People like SV need to be institutionalized.
    Moderators???? Are we awake out there? This is over and above the normal allowed tone....
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Over and Above? Wow. Either you enjoy being flamed by someone who really shouldn't be posting in TC or you are SV's sidekick. In either case, crying wawa to a moderator is moot. I never had a "tone" with SV nor did I go "over and above" any standards in REACTING to SV's highly irritating posts.

If you don't like my "tone" maybe you should address the issue that is at the source of not only my chagrin, but those of many others who complain about his antics.

I really don't mind a moderator deleting, modifying my text or even banning me. But if a moderator does that and goes on accepting SV as a poster on this thread it would be the ultimate in hypocrisy.

I don't mind going down in flames if it means removing SV as well. Fire away moderator...

PS - Otter, an emperor doesn't go pointing fingers to anyone higher up. As an emperor you are the pinnacle of the pyramid. Unless you're really the emperor's jester with a wild fantasy...
    This thread has been hijacked.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12