1.    #1  
    Does anyone else find the green blinking LED to be annoying? Why couldn't P1 have reversed it so that it blinks green while charging and is a solid green during use? I find that having a flashing green light in my face all the time during use is pretty distracting, although I guess I might be getting used to it because I don't feel like I have to put tape over it anymore to prevent a seizure.

On the same topic, is there a way to have the LED visually alert you when you have a voice mail message or a missed call? It would be nice just to take a glance at the unit to see if there are any pending alerts without having to check by turning on the screen. Heck, even producing a tone every 5 - 10 minutes to signal an alert would be fine with me.
    check out "butler" at hobbyistsoftware.com

A must have app now working on the 650. You can customize led features and colors (orange red green.) I have default off and fast green for voicemail alert.
    Quote Originally Posted by akmountaineer
    Does anyone else find the green blinking LED to be annoying? Why couldn't P1 have reversed it so that it blinks green while charging and is a solid green during use?
    Because it uses more power that way. And yes you may counter that that LEDS use little power, but when you get down to it, there's not a whole lot of power in these batteries. besides, your backlight affects battery life cconsiderably, and it's little more than a few LEDs as well.

On the same topic, is there a way to have the LED visually alert you when you have a voice mail message or a missed call?
    I agree with you on this... having the LED flash red instead of green, for example, would have been nice. Amber is no service, so it's not like the two would be too easily confused.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    check out "butler" at hobbyistsoftware.com

A must have app now working on the 650. You can customize led features and colors (orange red green.) I have default off and fast green for voicemail alert.

Hey Dutch, thanks for the Butler recommendation - it does almost everything I wanted. The only problem is a bug on the 650, I guess, when the "leave screen turned off during alert tone" box is checked no alert tone sounds at all. Any idea if this can be fixed?
    at the new york roadshow one of the guys told us how you can turn off the blinking light...unfortunately i forgot which button he told us to press.
    Try LEDOff. It's free, and it has a lot more configuration in regards to the LED. Butler is great too -- I use it for other functions, but LEDOff works well for this function.
    With all these talk on how to fix this problem. How is this fast blinking green led suppose to work? Is it normal to keep blinking non-stop? Isn't suppose to stop after you have clear the alert? I can see using the LEDoff and the such that just mean I have lost the feature completely, right?
    Download "LedOff", it's free and work perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by broadwayblue
    at the new york roadshow one of the guys told us how you can turn off the blinking light...unfortunately i forgot which button he told us to press.
    I think he means press and hold the red button until the phone is off....then no more blinking green LED ^^
    Does LEDoff kills the flash green LED alert completely or just resets to non-flashing state?

As for the holding the red button to fix this problem - it does not work.
    OK, LEDOFF says my alert is an datebook alert. Now, I cleared this off earlier when it alerted me. Now the big big question, why didn't this stay off. Is this a bug???

Edit: oh great, now it killed the signal led indicator as well when I disable it for datebook.