1.    #1  
    I'm having major headaches with Versamail. Calendar entries that I enter in Outlook are getting duplicated on the Palm & for some reason, new events synced via activesync are being added with "Eastern" as the time zone, instead of Pacific, causing them to be displayed with a parenthetical like (2pm EST). For example, I see things like this in the Palm calendar:

11:00 Meeting with Sky (2 pm EST)
    11:00 Meeting with Sky

My PC is set to be on Pacific time, so I'm not sure why the wireless sync'ed events are being set to Eastern.

I have Versamail set up to activesync with my hosted exchange server. I also hotsync my Palm with my PC. I thought about shutting off the calendar conduit in Hotsync manager, but I can't as new events on the palm are not wirelessly sync'ed back with the PC via activesync. It seems to be one way (is that correct?).

How do I get rid of the duplicates?

Paul
    Paul, Undupe is a must-have app just for this purpose! It has saved me countless times....

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    paulg,

You should NOT be able to be performing HotSync operations with Calendar if you have ActiveSync set up on the phone. That is, of course, if you are synching with an older PDT desktop version somewhere.

What happens if you go to to the HotSync custom screen and double click on the Calendar entry? What comes up for a display?

Where did you set up the EAS account - handheld or desktop?

Dang
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    BTW, what Hosted Exchange ASP do you use? I am looking for your experiences with uptime, Web Outlook Access, and Shared Calendars and Contacts.

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by paulg
    I'm having major headaches with Versamail. Calendar entries that I enter in Outlook are getting duplicated on the Palm & for some reason, new events synced via activesync are being added with "Eastern" as the time zone, instead of Pacific, causing them to be displayed with a parenthetical like (2pm EST). For example, I see things like this in the Palm calendar:

11:00 Meeting with Sky (2 pm EST)
    11:00 Meeting with Sky

My PC is set to be on Pacific time, so I'm not sure why the wireless sync'ed events are being set to Eastern.

I have Versamail set up to activesync with my hosted exchange server. I also hotsync my Palm with my PC. I thought about shutting off the calendar conduit in Hotsync manager, but I can't as new events on the palm are not wirelessly sync'ed back with the PC via activesync. It seems to be one way (is that correct?).

How do I get rid of the duplicates?

Paul
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Could you tell me how you configured your activesync account on the palm and what if anything you had to do on the exchange server? I can't get it to work at all? Do you have an SSL certificate with the exchange server
    Mark F Chinsky
    I also could not get events entered on the treo to sync BACK to exchange. I did not see any way to alter these settings, so I have the same question - is this how it is SUPPOSED to be?

I turned off all the hotsync conduits because I was getting duplicates as well and figured that Activesync was supposed to take over this function.
    No you should be able to get events back to the server.... When you hit the sync button in the client is it giving you any errors?

As far as synching... are you using the desktop software that came with the 650 or an older version of the desktop? From what I've heard, all calendar conduits are shut off when an EAS account is set up so no Calendar syncrhonization should be occuring at all...
  8.    #8  
    OK, after another few days, I'm REALLY frustrated with Versamail & activesync.

Sometimes it syncs new calendar events entered on the Treo back to the Exchange server, and other times, it doesn't! I've tried testing this in different scenarios & can't find any consistent reason for failure. It just doesn't work!!!!

Even worse...

I'd say 1 out of 3 times I get a Fetch error message & Versamail says it needs to erase all of my email & calendar events and that it will replace everything with what is on the server to prevent duplicates. But, because it's not consistently syncing calendar events I enter on the Treo, when it does this, I lose new data I've entered. On top of that, I have to sit there while it loads the 300-400 messages again from the last week. And then, after dealing with all of that, it will give the Fetch mail error again & warn me that it's about to delete everything again.

This is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!! If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears!

I'm using Mailstreet as my Exchange host, by the way.

Thanks,
    Paul
    I am having the exact same problem with the syncing calendar in activesync and I have called Sprint and Palm and they claim not to have heard of this issue. Is there anyone else having this problem and is this a bug? does anyone have a fix for this?
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    I too am having trouble syncing events from the Treo up to the Exchange server.

Has anyone made any progress here? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by psteg
    I am having the exact same problem with the syncing calendar in activesync and I have called Sprint and Palm and they claim not to have heard of this issue. Is there anyone else having this problem and is this a bug? does anyone have a fix for this?
    A quick examination of this forum and P1's own community forums shows that this is a HUGE problem. Of course, I have begged repeatedly for a dedicated forum HERE to allow us to aggregate the issues, and present a clearer picture of how large the problem is...but the forum owners apparently don't want to help us with that:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=68366

http://forums.palmone.com/pe/action/...nelID=10100162

If you look around, you will find people talking themselves blue in the face, and getting NO ANSWERS.

But hey, I am a pragmatist, and take solace in the knowledge that PalmOne is killing its own device, and its future business, by its silence.

If they could get the Exchange ActiveSync to work reliably, they would see tremendous growth, but as it is, they are pushing corporate users away with both hands.

I was thrilled to toss my PPC and return to Palm (ONLY because of ActiveSync); but now, I am justing waiting to see what's released this summer. I predict my wife will inherit my Treo 650 by the 4th of July at this rate. (And if that happens, I won't make the mistake of believing Palm again.)

The part that saddens me is the obvious collusion of sites like this and others that fail to take the forefront in publicizing this critical flaw. Either the tech writers are (1) forced or paid NOT to report the problems, or (2) too incompetent or forcefed fluff by PRPRPR $to$ $even$ $know$ $how$ $to$ $test$ $the$ $actual$ $features$ $of$ $the$ $device$ $for$ $themselves$.

After all, the reality is that anyone, ANYONE, that depends on Exchange ActiveSync for both email and CALENDAR has experienced these problems--repeatedly.
    I know it sucks to do this, but there is a work around when you get the duplicate entries from the reboot and resync.

All of your calendar entries should be in Exchange, so you can delete the email account profile (you can't delete your only account, so create a fake one if you only have one). That deletes everything. Then recreate it and all your stuff will be back without duplicates.