Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    FYI: I turned both the phone and the Treo off last night with the SIM card in.
    It wouldn't wake up five hours later.

I reset the phone, turned it off and took out the SIM card. Turned it back on again to check it was OK before turning it off for the rest of the night.

Three hours later it wouldn't turn on.

I view that as being entirely consistent with a faulty handset, but my last, final step will be a hard reset.

Thing is, I work freelance and I can't afford to be missing calls and in terms of out-of-the-box performance, this Treo is hands-down the worst I've ever encountered!

But I love the phone, so I hope things will get sorted.

Rather more worrying is that the vendor has failed to answer a single one of my emails thus far.

<edit to add: they've agreed to exchange the phone. Phew!>
    Last edited by urban75; 03/24/2006 at 10:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban75
    I reset the phone, turned it off and took out the SIM card.
    Wehn you took the card out, did you check whetehr you have the defective SIM tray or new SIM tray ? With the old SIM tray, the SIM card wouldn't always make adequate contact with the device and would lead to problems you describe.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Wehn you took the card out, did you check whetehr you have the defective SIM tray or new SIM tray ? With the old SIM tray, the SIM card wouldn't always make adequate contact with the device and would lead to problems you describe.
    Not entirely sure what I'm looking for, but the SIM tray seemed to fit the card very snugly.

But seeing as it's failed to turn on twice now without the SIM card in I'm not entirely sure of its relevance.

And if it was at fault, why would the problem only manifest itself after the Treo had been turned off for more than a few hours?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12