1.    #1  
    Well, I finally got to try out my Jabra 250 BT headset in my car and although there wasn't any static I was far from impressed by it. First of all the person I was calling said that there was a lot of background noise and that I sounded funny !

Secondly it was very hard to hear the person, they were coming through quietly. If I pressed the ear piece further into my ear then it was fine, the problem is that as soon as I let go of my hand it would move out again. So, not sure if this an ear piece problem or that my ear is just not a good shape

I had the volume up all the way on the Jabra headset.

I guess that's it's useable for times when I am driving, but apart from that don't think that I would use it much since it is too difficult to hear people. In my car it is relatively quite. Can't imagine using it outside when there are other peopel talking and other background noises.
    I agree, I've had both the Jabra and Motorola BT headsets. I couldn't use either one in my truck. Just couldn't hear anything. I'm wondering if all BT headsets have the same problem.
    Well I have only used the jabra, and the problem i faced was that though I really had no troublehearing someone (had to adjust the little earbud a couple of times) there was a lot of static and they did seem to ahve trouble hearing me, you'd think for as much as these things cost they'ed work better
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati
    Well, I finally got to try out my Jabra 250 BT headset in my car and although there wasn't any static I was far from impressed by it. First of all the person I was calling said that there was a lot of background noise and that I sounded funny !

Secondly it was very hard to hear the person, they were coming through quietly. If I pressed the ear piece further into my ear then it was fine, the problem is that as soon as I let go of my hand it would move out again. So, not sure if this an ear piece problem or that my ear is just not a good shape

I had the volume up all the way on the Jabra headset.

I guess that's it's useable for times when I am driving, but apart from that don't think that I would use it much since it is too difficult to hear people. In my car it is relatively quite. Can't imagine using it outside when there are other peopel talking and other background noises.
    Are you using the headset to answer and end calls? My phone doesn't always respond to the headset's answer/end button.
    I too was underwhelmed with the Jabra. Unless I kept holding the earpiece in place, it slipt out to the point where it was too soft to hear. I just replaced it with the new Logitech one - infinitely superior.
    It comes with a few different earpieces, theres one that goes into your ear and works great.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnetb
    Are you using the headset to answer and end calls? My phone doesn't always respond to the headset's answer/end button.
    When using the headset I have it set to auto answer after the second call since I really don't want to be farting around with the phone when I'm driving to see who is calling. If it's a telemarketing call I just press the button on the headset to hang up. Haven't had too many problems but the redial function is definitely very cumbersome.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoFever
    It comes with a few different earpieces, theres one that goes into your ear and works great.
    Kewl, I did notice that but thought they were just extras. I'll try a different one when I am back home. I guess it's not a 1 size fits all
    I tried the Jabra 250 and the Motorola 810. I found that the volume on the Jabra was great. But I like the 810 better. The controls on the Jabra are difficult to manage and I don't like how it sits on my ear.

I just ordered the new Motorola HS850 (same as the 810 but better)
    so here is the report on hbh-660 ( please excuse the spelling mistakes english is second lingo)

fitting: a little cumbersom, not centered on your ear canal.
    pairing : easy as a breez
    reciving calls: A. rings in your ear
    B. NUMBER APPEARS ON LED SCREEN
    C. when butten on headset is press the call cuts tru to the headset
    D.able to hangup from headset with the same butten.
    E. no static when phone is around the 3-5 ft zone.
    F. to dial your phone all you need is to enter the number and press
    talk,cuts tru the headset right away with no dely what so ever.
    volum on headset is not bad... so it looks like I will stay with this one.

hope it helped
    eli