Hi all,

I'm having a complete nightmare with my Treo 600. It is crashing on EVERY SINGLE inbound or outbound call. This started some weeks ago and would happen once every few days but in the last week or so it has become so bad that I've switched my GSM sim card to my 4 year old Nokia!! There is a real heavy buzzing/static sound at the start of an incoming/outbound call and then the phone crashes/resets. I don't think is the same 'buzzing' problem as experienced in the early models as this handset is a replacement I received in June for an early model which did have the original buzzing problem. this handset is supposed to have remedied that!!

FYI here is an example of the type of error log message I constantly get when I use #*377

"A crash occurred on 1/12/04 at 10:15 while running "Phone":
HALRadioOmap.c,Line:300, Host wake not asserted in time"

Can anyone tell me what the problem REALLY is and more importantly how to fix it? I am absolutely desperate.

My Phone App is "Phone v 1.0", I am using Firmware "3.05" and Software "Treo600-1.12-ROW"

I've been on to PalmOne support and from experience know that could take weeks. In the meantime I was thinking of doing a complete re-format and re-installing the latest firmware in the hope that the problem is software/database related and will be fixed (even temporarily) by re-installing a clean set of apps particularly the "Phone" app which seems to be the root of the problem.

Can anyone tell me how to do the hardest reset pobbible so that I start off with a completley wiped device?

Your advice and input will be much appreciated.

Regards

John Murray