1.    #1  
    Anyone no how to turn on the backlight? I was talking on my phone and the auto dim kick in (nice feature) but now the screen won't wake up. I think I hit a button by accident and disabled the light. Everything is working perfectly except for that. Even the keypad lights up. I have search but cannot find where to turn it back on.

Help? or Suggestions?
  2.    #2  
    Nevermind. I figured out what the problem was. Somehow during my call I turned the brightness all the way down. Don't ask me how since it takes to buttons to even pull up the app to adjust the brightness.

Whew!! That was close. Thought I was going to have to get a replacement after all the good fortune I have been experiencing so far.

Thanks anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by dacarta
    Anyone no how to turn on the backlight? I was talking on my phone and the auto dim kick in (nice feature) but now the screen won't wake up. I think I hit a button by accident and disabled the light. Everything is working perfectly except for that. Even the keypad lights up. I have search but cannot find where to turn it back on.

Help? or Suggestions?
    if you turn the phone on, and hold it near a light source - at an angle - can you still not see anything? if so, your display may have failed. if not, then hit the option key and 'p', and you should be able to see the 'adjust brightness' slider. pull it to the right and it should return to normal. when the slider's all the way to the left, the screen goes nearly black.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by dacarta
    Nevermind. I figured out what the problem was. Somehow during my call I turned the brightness all the way down. Don't ask me how since it takes to buttons to even pull up the app to adjust the brightness.

Whew!! That was close. Thought I was going to have to get a replacement after all the good fortune I have been experiencing so far.

Thanks anyway.
    ah. never mind my near simultaneous post!
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
  5.    #5  
    Thanks man. You were right on the money.
    Quote Originally Posted by anastrophe
    if you turn the phone on, and hold it near a light source - at an angle - can you still not see anything? if so, your display may have failed. if not, then hit the option key and 'p', and you should be able to see the 'adjust brightness' slider. pull it to the right and it should return to normal. when the slider's all the way to the left, the screen goes nearly black.
    For Dacarta

You may have figured out by now, as I believe anastrophe was trying to say but during a call, the screen dims (which I love - the 600 did not do this). You should see the dim screen, just tap the screen and it pops back on. But it also sounds like you are getting the same problem I have listed in another thread about the screen occasionally defaulting back to permanent DIM. In that case you have to click the function/P to slide it back on. I have been trying to figure out the problem.

One guy posted that I should use ALT and the Right SHift Key but that does nothing.

Any other ideas?

Eric
    any one figure out how to adjust the "auto dim" feature?
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    never mind, "option + right shift"
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO