Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Golgo 13
    You guys COULD just go easy on it.
    I don't trust the man with the custom M-16...
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft
    We are pleased to announce that a new version of NesEm is now available at KalemSoft website

The new features include:

Treo 600/650 keyboard support
    Treo 600/650 incoming call handling
    Zire31 multiple key press handling
    Autofire support for PalmOne devices
    Quicksave/Quickload support for PalmOne devices
    Turbo mode for PalmOne devices
    Game fixes

Regards.

KalemSoft
    Awesome! All my wishes came true. A couple things though. What is the difference between autofire and turbo? Also, is there any way to have dedicated turbo A and B buttons? In games like Megaman where turbo accelerates firing but messes up jumping, the turbo toggle isn't practical. That's the way things used to be on my old NES Max controller. It had dedicated turbo A and B buttons directly below the standard buttons. IIRC, the NES Advantage had turbo toggle instead. That's one reason I never cared for it.

NES Max:

http://www.axess.com/twilight/consol...l/nes_max.html
    Last edited by aldamon; 03/25/2005 at 07:48 AM.
    Kalemsoft - Thanks for the update. The incoming call handling is great, but ever since I took the update the emulation speed seems to be sporadic (i.e., while playing Zelda it is fine for a while then starts to speed up to a very fast unplayable speed). I have tried to use the auto speed option and to select a speed on the bar and have had the same results.

Any suggesstions?

Thanks.
  4.    #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by mlaw8
    Kalemsoft - Thanks for the update. The incoming call handling is great, but ever since I took the update the emulation speed seems to be sporadic (i.e., while playing Zelda it is fine for a while then starts to speed up to a very fast unplayable speed). I have tried to use the auto speed option and to select a speed on the bar and have had the same results.

Any suggesstions?

Thanks.
    NesEm v1.7 now includes a turbo mode which removes speed control so that you can skip intro sections very fast. You might be accidentally enabling the turbo mode during game. Please go to setup form and assign the TURBO key to some button far away from other game controls or choose TURBO key and unassign it. That should fix your problem. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Regards.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Kalemsoft, button combos aren't working properly in this version. For example, in Little League Baseball you have to hit Right and B at the time to run to first with ball. The combo isn't working right in this version. Also, sometimes the buttons simply do not work the first time they are pressed.

EDIT:

Yeah, the controls are messed up. The directional controls are not releasing or allowing combinations. I've also encountered the slow rendering problem.

I'd also like to re-iterate that the current toggle/auto-fire implementation is not practical for jump/fire games. Dedicated auto-fire A and B buttons would be ideal.

I think I'm going back to 1.6 so I can play baseball again
    Last edited by aldamon; 03/27/2005 at 09:54 AM.
  6.    #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    Kalemsoft, button combos aren't working properly in this version. For example, in Little League Baseball you have to hit Right and B at the time to run to first with ball. The combo isn't working right in this version. Also, sometimes the buttons simply do not work the first time they are pressed.

EDIT:

Yeah, the controls are messed up. The directional controls are not releasing or allowing combinations. I've also encountered the slow rendering problem.

I'd also like to re-iterate that the current toggle/auto-fire implementation is not practical for jump/fire games. Dedicated auto-fire A and B buttons would be ideal.

I think I'm going back to 1.6 so I can play baseball again
    We didn't notice such a problem. Combinations work just fine on our test device. Have you mapped all the keys from the joypad list (scroll down the list to see the keys added to version 1.7)? Maybe some buttons you assign conflict with default button assignments you are skipping (if any). Also, you need to disable any third-party application that changes/enhances button behaviours (keycaps, etc.). Hope this helps.
    Bout to update to v1.7, very excited about the new enhancements ( namely keyboard support ) !!
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    Bout to update to v1.7, very excited about the new enhancements ( namely keyboard support ) !!
    Its pretty cool! I actually use this app now
    Well, so far I've run into a major issue in Mario. Out of nowhere mario will start walking forward and I can't control it...it takes a few button smashes to get it back to normal. I didn't experience this at all in 1.6
    1 | 2
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft
    We didn't notice such a problem. Combinations work just fine on our test device. Have you mapped all the keys from the joypad list (scroll down the list to see the keys added to version 1.7)? Maybe some buttons you assign conflict with default button assignments you are skipping (if any). Also, you need to disable any third-party application that changes/enhances button behaviours (keycaps, etc.). Hope this helps.

I have had the same problem also playing the MegaMan series. Sometimes its seems as though the buttons do not want to work the first time you press them and sometimes certain button combinations will not work the first time you press them. I posted this issue on your website earlier this week.
    ~Steve
    Get @ me
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    Well, so far I've run into a major issue in Mario. Out of nowhere mario will start walking forward and I can't control it...it takes a few button smashes to get it back to normal. I didn't experience this at all in 1.6
    Anybody else having this issue? I experience the same issue in Mario 3. I'm about to test some other ROMs...but it looks like I'm going back to 1.6
    1 | 2
    I just upgraded to 1.7 and Im having similiar problems with the buttons not responding on the first press. For example, in Mario 3, when I am running with B and press A to jump, it doesnt always jump.
  13.    #233  
    For those of you who are experiencing problems with buttons, could you please list your button assignments (which key in the joypad list is mapped to which button)? Please list the assignments for all keys in the list. The example assignment we are using is as follows:

Up (5-way Up)
    Down (5-way Down)
    Left (5-way Left)
    Right (5-way Right)
    A (keyboard 'a')
    B (keyboard 's')
    STR (ToDo)
    SEL (Addr)
    Home (Home button)
    QSAVE (keyboard 'y')
    QLOAD (keyboard 'u')
    TURBO (Date)
    AFIRE (Note)

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Up (5-way Up)
    Down (5-way Down)
    Left (5-way Left)
    Right (5-way Right)
    A (Note)
    B (ToDO)
    STR (Addr)
    SEL (Date)
    Home (h)
    QSAVE (keyboard 'q')
    QLOAD (keyboard 'a')
    TURBO (t)
    AFIRE (p)
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    So, I guess our problems are going to be ignored? I'm content with 1.6, but I'd like to get 1.7 at some point.
    I still get the sound stutter & low fps at the auto setting. I DO have lightwav but I never had this problem before with older versions. I can speed up the emulation and bypass the auto feature which will get the sound right but its not as smooth when playing. Any suggestions on how to get this fixed..?

PS. have the full version (purchased)
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    They refuse to acknowledge that 1.7 has problems on the 650.
  18.    #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    They refuse to acknowledge that 1.7 has problems on the 650.
    Button problem has been fixed. Version 1.8 is coming soon...

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Well well well. Touche then. I'm looking forward to it.
    I installed the demo, for atest... cant seem to figure out how to transfer any nes game to treo memory? Quickinstall keeps saying that the NES rom file is not correct format.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast