Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Advance,

are you getting your original Bell South mail in this method... did you set up an account at the Sprint site as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottcj
    Advance,

are you getting your original Bell South mail in this method... did you set up an account at the Sprint site as well?

jscottc,

Getting your bellsouth mail via pop is fine! The problem is trying to send mail via Bellsouth's smtp servers....you basically cannot for the above discussed reasons. I can download my bellsouth email fine with snapper. Here are my settings:

POP3: mail.bellsouth.net
    username:
    password:

(*NOTE: SMTP server will NOT work*)
    SMTP: mail.bellsouth.net

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Any solutions for getting Versamail to notify of new mail via audible sound or vibration? I'm still on a 600 and all I get is the flashing dot in the upper left corner, no sound whatsoever even though I've changed my default email to Versamail and ensured notification is on in the sounds prefs. Thanks!
    So what does work? We have both 650s and 600s. Versamail has started soft resetting on the 650s. Snapper will not download attachments on the 600.
    I have VersaMail configured for yahoo for both pop and smtp. In sending e-mails. I'm starting to get the VersaMail error:

"451See
    http://pobox.com/~djb/docs/smtplf.html."

What's the scoop with that? It was working yesterday. I checked all the settings and they seem to be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    I have VersaMail configured for yahoo for both pop and smtp. In sending e-mails. I'm starting to get the VersaMail error:

"451See
    http://pobox.com/~djb/docs/smtplf.html."

What's the scoop with that? It was working yesterday. I checked all the settings and they seem to be fine.
    actually, that's not a versamail error, it's an error being generated by the SMTP server. if you read the URL specified, it explains the issue. i'd be surprised if versamail actually sends using bare linefeeds though. you may have just been hitting a misconfigured inbound smtp server at yahoo. hardly anyone blocks for bare linefeeds any more.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    I too moved quickly to buy the Treo 600 b/c of the need for e-mail. I'm on T-mobile and I use their myemail.tmobile service and I receive e-mails with no problems. But when I try to send mail, it gets bounced back 95% of the time. I think it's a problem between t-mobile's server and my company's outlook 2003 server. Since the way I'm accessing e-mail is not supported and is probably a Sarbanes problem, I can't even bring up the situation.

Does anyone know if Pocket PC's use Active sync to sync with Outlook? Does anyone have any info on when the blackberry connect is coming out?

And one last vent...HOW DARE PALM AND HANDANGO AND ALL THE OTHERS TAKE OUR MONEY for the new versamail program and then not let us download the program. If there's a bug, then tell people there's a bug and check back later.
    I have POP e-mail and am using Sproqit.com. It is fast and easy. Takes my POP e-mails an dsend them all to my PDA and desktop. I can fwd, rply open attachments in word and then what ever I do on my PDA automatically happens to desk top so I don't have to sync or re-do.
    It is great when I am commuting I can delete the e-mails I don't want and then it automatically is done on home computer also.
    Here is a review of it.
    http://www.techworld.com/mobility/re...m?reviewid=251
    I use sprint pcs and it works fine. We have e-mail hosting at Adaptive Hosting Solutions. I am configured using a pop3 account.
    I created a new yahoo-2 accnt in VersaMail, with same setup parameters as before, then deleted the first yahoo accnt. So far so good, no more errors, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by anastrophe
    actually, that's not a versamail error, it's an error being generated by the SMTP server. if you read the URL specified, it explains the issue. i'd be surprised if versamail actually sends using bare linefeeds though. you may have just been hitting a misconfigured inbound smtp server at yahoo. hardly anyone blocks for bare linefeeds any more.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I think I may have a resoloution for you. As everyone has told you, you will have to use sprint's outgoing smtp server. My ISP is Comcast but I've used Sprin'ts smtp server for the last year on my 600. For whatever reason my identical settings wouldn't work with Versamail on the 650. After many calls to Sprint there's one little change in the outgoing settings that may be to blame.

When using Sprint's incoming server you must list your username as xxx@sprintpcs.com or Johndoe@sprintpcs.com. However, for the OUTGOING server the username is simply xxxx or Johndoe. NO @sprintpcs.com. Please don't ask me why this is but as soon as the tech support guy told me to make that change it worked like magic.

So here's the outgoing settings:

Port number: 25
    DON'T check Secure connection (SSL)
    DO check Use authentication (ESMPTP)
    Username: Jondoe - (DO NOT use @sprintpcs.com)
    password:

Sending seems to be much slower on the 650 using versamail compared to the mail program on the 600
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12